One day at a time!!

Oh cr*p!! I succumbed to cheese & crackerbread at 1630... I wish I could fast forward the clock from 1500 to 1900 then I probably would be able to stick to this diet! :sigh:

But I'm not going to beat myself up about it... gonna go & enjoy my walk in the sunshine & think about if I can really commit to this diet 100% or if I should do lunch & breakfast & have an atkins style dinner just protein & veg as its alwyas the thought of the same foods that throws me off track...
OR
am I just making excuses for the fact that I give in to it everytime instead of being strong & resiliant like I should be. :(

I know if I was calorie counting I would still be way under calories for the day so I will still lose weight...

Aaaaaaaaaarrrrrrrggggggggggghhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!
Why is it never this tough deciding what to chomp on that makes me this big!!! ;)

well i hear you linzi. it's really hard. that's why i've given up eating all together, ha. i have only lost 8lbs on my cdcs scales. saying that, 8lbs is still a good weight loss, ha. i have put my ticker back up *sigh* i suppose i do weigh myself naked first thing on a morning... hee. i have bought the same scales my cdc has tonight and mine still weigh 3lbs lighter. so i think it's her scales!! :D

abz xx

Oh Abz,
You make me laugh! Today I have had cheese and crackers mid morning and about 30g of ....Fruit cake! and 1 square of chocolate!

Anyway on the water.
Linz it's the will power, we want this too much and we are self sabotaging. Remember your moto one day at a time.

It's the water you need to keep up with and you are already doing your 3ltrs so go girl!

Stay positive today and go and find something to do this afternoon when you are feeling vulnerable; like the walk or phoning someone, getting on line, chewing gum?

Me, I'm going to a cafe for a coffee and to write my diary for next week, I'm also taking my apple with me so I dont buy anything.

Also aiming for the gym this evening and then online to chat with everyone later.

Bren

X

Morning everyone, well that was another day done, went swimming last night, planning on going twice a week......hoping to tighten up as i lose the flab:eek: as for the water, i try to drink 2 litres before 12 then 2 before 4 and anything over that is a bonus, had 6 yesterday :tear_drop::tear_drop: jope you all have a good day, Jo x

good morning chaps (afternoon bren :)) well i am feeling quite a bit better today. a bit light headed when i get up but other than that, raring to go.

well done on the water jo :) i have realised that i must remember to stop drinking water about an hour before i want to go to bed!! i keep having to get up to wee. bloody annoying!! ha.

only a couple more days until you guys have you measure/weigh in. stick with it. not far to go.

i have weighed myself this morning and my scales, which should now lose lb for lb with my cdcs say i'm 15st 13 3/4, ha. how's that for being under 16 stone :D hee. so i'll track that and see how it compares to the cdcs next week. not going to update the ticker until after the meeting next time :D hee.

catch you later guys!!

abz xx

Abz you are doing fantastic! YOU GO GIRL!

LINZI - How's the day fairing for you?

Me - had a few hurdles nothing major; extra fruit, 40g of cheese, 1 slice of bread, 50g fruit cake (it's nearly gone so wont have be having any temptation soon) and 1 banana ...oh and milk in a coffee, 3 squares of chocolate.

Water though is heading for the 4 ltr mark already and I'm off to the gym after. Everything above was extras today otherwise i've stuck to my plan and I did 200 sit ups this morning.

Bren
X

wow bren. get you with the toning :) you'll be slim and trim in no time.

how are you doing linzi?

abz xx

Hey Ladies

How are you all?

I have made a decision... Cohens is just not doing it for me (at least sticking to it 100% so I figured if I use Cohens as a base & what I will do is something on the principles of JUDDD as that tends to be what I'm doing anyway...
I will follow Cohens on my down day & will follow Cohens on my up day until my 3 o'clock hit of the afternoon & I won't feel guilty about having my cheese & crackerbread & a meal of my choice in the evening on an up day...

I am going to keep my up days to a low carb but it does mean that I have a choice. I know you tried this Abz what did you think of it in principle?

It suggests shakes on the down days for the first 2 weeks but I don't really know of any low carb shakes as slim fast tends to trigger a want of sugar for me!

What do think girls?? You've been such a great source of motivation & support for me I really would love your honest opinions on what you think?

Thanks Linzi.xxx

well linzi i found weight loss very slow although i only did it for a week before coming onto cd and then i binged before starting so i just stayed the same, ha. i think if you are happy doing that then do it, but you will end up feeling really deprived i think if you are sticking to 500cals a day on your down days and then sticking to something on your up days too? although i suppose you've given yourself leeway for treats in the afternoon. give it a shot? at least if you're sticking to your cohen's principles you shouldn't gain anything?

i was fine all day until about 5 when i slumped. got moody, grrr. wanted to eat. didn't of course. have just tried my first spicy tomato soup and it was gorgeous!! so soup is going to be back on the menu :D :D apparently the chilli one is nice if you like thai food and i love it, so will give that a shot next week too :D

i am becoming really impatient again!! if i lose a stone a month it's still going to be four and a half months until i'm thin. four and a half months of not eating!! well i can tell you now that won't happen because i'm going on my hols in september!! ha. hopefully in time for christmas i will be skinnified. but it seems such a long time!! i know that in the scheme of things it really isn't. i mean it took me years to get to this size. but i want it NOW. i miss food. hmph.

abz xx

Thanks Abz

On Cohens I'm trying to do everyday at 400 cals so I know I can do it for one day at least... its usually day 2 that I sabotage it in the afternoon!
Have ordered some shakes to have on my down days even on my down days I can eat more than I could on a Cohens day!

Your doing so well... bet its nice to have something other than a shake! God I would miss chewing!! Do you get to add meals at all or would it be shakes/soups all the way?

Bet you lose more than a stone a month... especially if you start exercising... the inches will shift quicker!

I know what you mean tho... I lost 7 stone in 4 months first time around & that wasn't quick enough for me!

We will get there babes!! Then we need to learn how to keep it off!

i hope so. just need to keep it up, go to a hen night, get on the next morning, go to the wedding the week after, get on again and stay on until thin, or until september on my holidays, ha. then come back and get thin. so depressing. september is miiiiiiiiiiiiiles away and i won't have gotten to goal!! ha. i'm just in a whiny mood. ignore me. somebody said something really good somewhere on here though. that the time passes anyway. it's what happens during it that matters. i know it seems like forever but it will be the same amount of time. i can just choose whether to be fat or thin at the end of it...

abz xx

here's hoping ditzee. hopefully with your combined methods you'll lose loads :) part of the success i think is not stressing about it and not feeling guilty when you do eat on an up day. even though they say to let go, i personally felt that i still needed to watch what i was doing on up days or it would have never worked... you'll do just fine though, especially if on up days you are doing your cohens until 3pm. it will be fab. keep us updated throughout the day.

and massive congrats on 3lbs down :) i feel like a heffer at the mo. totm is making me feel mahoosive!!

abz xx

Us women have it cr*p with totm... are you having any cravings? I found that the want to stuff my face with chocolate didn't happen when I was in ketosis on Cohens! Hope its the same for you on CD!

I'm gonna do shakes I think on my down days... ordered some low carb shakes hope they arrive by tomorrow if not I'll just be vigilant with my food tomorrow!
Am thinking of signing up with weightlossresources.co.uk as they have great calorie counting so I can keep a check on my cals each day! It seems like alot of people don't bother counting on their up days but I will to start with as I don't want to go crazy!
Looking forward to a glass of wine tonight tho!

ha. well i was ok until i wandered through my neighbours garlic bread smell cloud last night, ha. then i really wanted pizza which is when i tried the spicy tomato soup for somthing savoury and loved it. thomas tastes everything too and he loved it, ha. i find it funny that he likes all the shakes and things as much as i do :) although he barely lets it touch his lips as he's so aware it's a third of my daily food!! hee. i did miss my evening chocolate shake fix last night though :( so will stick to soups at lunchtime i think :)

my tummy hurts :( am glugging loads of water though. think i had 5+ litres yesterday so hopefully i'll manage that today. have had a coffee and a litre so far :)

abz xx

Hey Linzi

I haven't read all of the post above properly yet I will after this but... i think this is a good idea.
You just need to do what is right for you now and start achieving some goals with your fitness/health/weight/mind.

I also cant stick to Cohen's come the afternoon. However I am finding that now because I'm going to the gym most nights I am more hungry and figure I am burning the protein bar or extra fruit off anyway. I am also feeling slimmer in my clothes because of the exercise.

Babe, you do what is right for you and I will go back and read your posts.

Love you lots
Bren

X

hi linzi. i see my cdc on tuesday. so i have a few days to lose a couple of lbs :)

i get to add food when i am closer to goal, so i have quite a wait, ha. although i have 2 planned cheats coming up over the next couple of weeks with my cdcs blessing, one meal on each evening. hen night when i'm maid of honour and wedding when i'm maid of honour, ha. so i will be having a meal before too long. i doubt i'll be able to eat much though. even my shakes make me feel over full now. my stomach must be the size of a pea!!

not sure about the big loss due to totm but could have one a week on tuesday :)

abz xx

Hey Linzi

I can see your online but I'm going to bed, it's after midnight here. I read the posts and think you are doing the right thing, You now what you can achieve at the moment and how you would like to do this and at the moment 100 % is not the right time or right diet. Focus with JUDDD and Cohen's your doing very well.

Bren
XX
Chat tomorrow
X

Back