One night of drinking - (and eating but mostly drinking to be honest)

I'm currently 3 weeks into SS and at the start of April I've got an unavoidable night out.

(One of my colleagues of 10 years has been made redundant ans so is having a night out. Being blokes, something civilised is highly unlikely. ;-) Most likely beers and some sort of junkfood snack to tide us over)

Anyway, I did SS nonstop with no cheating for 13 weeks a couple of years ago and even after coming up through 790 and 1000 for a couple of weeks, I remember the first drink I had hit me like a train. I had become a cheap date :)

I'm not planning to get leggless but want to get some advice on how to minimise the effects/dangers. Plan is probably to stick mostly to soft drinks but with a handful of beers and something hideously horrible/gorgeous to eat.

I want to minimise impact on weight loss and also play it safe so was thinking of moving up to maybe 1000 or 1200 for the 2/3 days before hand and the day after then back to SS.

Sound reasonable?

I don't know exactly how you should do it but I definately think you need to be eating at least a few days before you have a few drinks, it can be quite dangerous on ss! If you stick to low carb/low cal food when you're off ss it should make it easier getting back into ketosis and minimise weight loss. Best bet would be to discuss it with your cdc and be honest about what you're planning eating/drinking so she can give you advice.

That sounds like the best advice to follow culturedsquirrel. Enjoy but be careful!!

I've only drank twice since being on CD and both times I only ate on the day I was planning to drink. I still had a shake for breakfast but ate a carb packed lunch and dinner, such as pasta and baked potatoes. I was absolutely fine both times and was straight back on the shakes the following day but as your previous drink hit you like a train you probably are better off eating a couple of days before hand. You can still go low fat but I would recommend high carb expecially on the day of your drinks. Hope you have a good time.xx

Back