OneTwoFour's Diary - I'm back!

OneTwoFour

Losing it!
Today is the last day before I start TFR. I can't wait! I am so keen to get rid of all this weight, I'm so totally in the zone and ready for this challenge.

My first goal is to do day one 100% and then to do each of days 2-7 100%, not weighing myself at all until my Monday weigh day. I've learned from you guys on here that sticking to the weekly weigh generally pays better dividends.

To motivate myself, I've printed off an A4 pic of an iPad (I'm a techy freak!) and cut it in to 20 pieces. Each piece represents a 6.3lbs loss. Every time I lose 6.3lbs then I can stick a piece on to my cupboard, when I've got the whole picture I can buy the gadget and I'll have reached my target weight. Result :D

I'll be up dating daily as I'll need somewhere to whinge that it's hard! So here goes...

Last edited:
Thats a brilliant way to visualise your goal onetwofour. You can do it, you seem keen to succeed and you will.

So this is day one!

Great news this morning on my first official weigh to get a start weight, I'm 275.5 not 280, result :D

Had my first pint of water and I'm thinking about my strategy for the first day. I'm going to have my Exante when the kids have theirs, that way I will not be tempted to pick from their plates.

I want this soooooo badly, I am going to do it!

12:22
This morning has gone well, I've had a shake and two cups of bouillon, just having a Coke Zero and going to start on my third pint of water before a soup. Keeping busy is going to be the key for me. So, I'm half way to 100% for the day already. Building up for my first honk!

7:26
Reached my first goal of doing day one 100%. Hurrah! What've I learned today? That I need to keep busy and keep drinking and that the afternoons are harder than the mornings. I didn't find it as difficult as I expected, so that was a bonus. Plus, the freedom of not having to worry about food and the lack of guilt was surprising.

Feeling positive about whatever tomorrow brings!

Last edited:
Day 2

It's just coming up to lunch time on day two and I'm 100% so far. Haven't needed so much bouillon or Coke Zero today either. Have low grade headache, but it's not bothering me too much.

Was planning not to weigh myself but I couldn't resist the lure! Last time I dieted I was a serial weigher too. Scales are showing a loss. :D

I'll be back to update later with how the rest of the day went.

1:37pm
Had a nap with daughter two, that's a fabulous way to beat the cravings!! Pint #4 and half a bar going down now. Off to dinner with a friend, taking soup and bar remains with me, going to stay 100%. Yeh!

7.41pm
100% today. I'm a winner! I made myself have the tomato and basil soup as I'd read that it's not well liked, and it was fine. The toffee, nut and raisin bar, on the other hand, was like eating sticky sawdust and I had really thought I'd like that. Once again I've not found it particularly difficult to not have food, I've cooked for the kids and eaten out at a friends and the only time I was nearly caught out, was when I almost licked my fingers. Feeling proud of my efforts - I can do this thing!

Last edited:
Day 3

12:04

It's all going good so far!

I've had all the water I'm supposed to already so anything else is a bonus.

I still have the headache but it's not continuous any more. My breath is starting to be a bit bleurgh and I'm not feeling hungry so I guess ketosis is here. :) Seems early but I'm not complaining. :bliss: Last night I struggled to eat my third meal of the day, now that's a first. I've never struggled to eat.

I'm really loving the freedom from food, :woohoo:I've never had this kind of release before. I didn't realise how much guilt I was carrying about the way I ate.

And, a sneaky peek at the scales shows they're still going down. I'll definitely be able to put up one piece of my iPad jigsaw come weigh day - yay!

6.43pm
Racking up my 3rd 100%. The headache has only been intermittent this afternoon which has made life more pleasant.

My children are fascinated that I'm not eating the same as them, they can't quite grasp that I'm eating such yummy smelling things to get thin! It's had a big effect on their diet too; I don't buy sweets so they don't get any, and I only cook healthy stuff so that if I pick, it's not going to be a huge fall off the wagon.

Something else that I twigged today, despite the doggy breath, my teeth feel wonderfully clean all the time. I guess that's the lack of sugar. My dentist will be impressed!

Owned up to some emotional eating issues today, feel pleased I've done it, it's a step forward. The book I've ordered to help me resolve those issues comes tomorrow so I feel I'm doing something positive on all fronts.

Here's to my continued success!

Last edited:
124 you did great, and owning up to your issues must feel like a weight has been lifted from you. I sort of go through that too, I think hubby is only just realising now (after all these years) that food IS an issue for me and I need his support on this one.

I look forward to your next update :).

Well done 124 you are doing fab. My children are the same, they cant understand why they cant have a flapjack to (bar).

Day 4

11:22

I've made it to day 4 - Yay me :)

Not hungry which is wonderful, though I notice habit tempts me on and off, need to watch that. I am resisting! I'm feeling the cold big time so I must be well in to ketosis. Will be looking for my gloves once I've finished this.

Enjoyed the banana shake this morning, I had reservations about it, so I'm delighted it's ok. Found my hand blender, that makes a huge difference to the palatability of the shakes and soups. I've chosen mushroom soup for tonight, if that's ok then I can eat all of it.

There's no doubt that I'm going to be 100% today. I've had over half of my water and I'm in control.

1:45pm
Managed not to lick my fingers while giving DD2 lunch, it's such an automatic reflex!

Just told my sister that I'm doing Exante and she's dead proud of me. Yay! She's done CD before so knows where I'm at and it's great to have the support. She wants to get on the wagon again too, needs to get a couple of stone off, so we might be seeing her here soon.

Still on target for a HONK later!

6:43pm
Just honked :)
Another good day. I was randomly peckish, but without reason so I resisted. I'm splitting the protein bar as I can't manage it all at once - never thought I'd write that.

The children were asking to see my belly tonight, to see if it had reduced any! They dutifully patted it and pronounced it smaller, bless them. Great to have them on my side.

My book about learning to eat properly has arrived and I've skimmed the first chapter while DD2 napped. It definitely struck a chord and was occasionally difficult to read, because I recognised myself in it. That tells me I need to read it again and think it about what I can learn from it. Just buying the book isnt going to keep me slim once I've got to goal. I think it's going to be a bit like therapy - painful but worth it if you can stick it out.

The mushroom soup is my least favourite so far, but edible so no complaints. Heck, I'd probably do just about anything to lose weight and be healthy, so having to eat some mushroom soup doesn't even rate on the difficulty scale.

Roll on tomorrow, I'm ready for you!

Last edited:
Day 5

7.01pm
It's been a busy day with the kids, no time for my usual mid morning update.

No probs today with the eating and drinking, 6 pints, a shake, a bar and a soup and I'm 100% HONK!

My headache is almost gone, just catches me at odd moments. I'm not hungry, in fact, I had to make myself eat at lunch time as I could have skipped it all together. How wierd is it to write that?

I'm reading the book I chose, Beyond Chocolate, which has some great ideas which I'm incorporating in to my life, so that when I come off Exante I'm able to maintain and not put on. It's not easy to read it, because it means I'm owning up to the problem, but I'm determined and doing it all the same. Nothing worth doing is done without effort.

The children are trying to steal nibbles from my bars, and keep asking if they can have milkshake for breakfast too! They still don't quite get the dieting thing and keep offering me their food - I must look hungry or something. ;)

So, I'm ready for day 6 tomorrow, ready and waiting...

124, what a great diary :D

You are so motivated and inspiring, I am sure you will help many keep on track!

Keep up the great work.

Yay - nearly weigh day - I'm sensing a good un from you
xxx

Day 6

Another 100%. :clap: Really getting the hang of this now. HONK

It's amazing not to be tempted by food at all. Even drinking 2-3 litres of water a day isn't terribly taxing. Why oh why didn't I do this before I got as overweight as this??

I've tried all the Exante food now and I can eat all of it without much effort, that's pretty pleasing. I'm even beginning to get a taste for the TNR bar.

Really finding the feeling cold unpleasant, I've started taking a microwaveable beanbag about with me, to keep my poor fingers warm.

The other thing that I've noticed is that my view of my body image is changing. Before I started Exante, I saw myself as being a disgusting fat elephant. As a result of being on this diet and feeling in control and knowing that I won't be this size forever, I suddenly have a much smaller body image stored in my head. It's quite a relief.

Day 7 tomorrow and I have it's number...

Yay - you sound so upbeat and positive

Good luck for tomorrow

xxx

Day 7

6.55pm

Another HONK for 100% :clap:

Oddly, this has been the most difficult day so far, but I aced it all the same!

After a long walk this morning I was starvin' marvin all afternoon, I split my lunchtime bar as usual but gave in and ate the second half at half three, instead of holding out until the kids' tea time.

Noticing now that I'm salivating when I'm preparing my food. I so don't remember doing that with food in the past, just shows how long it's been since I've actually been properly hungry.

Weigh day Monday after a 100% week. I've definitely lost as I've had a sneak weigh now and then, but I'll reveal all tomorrow. :) Feeling pretty pleased with myself that I've got this far. Sheesh I'm good! (And modest too, as you'll have noticed ;))

So, day 8 next and I'm gonna ace that too...

Fab stuff - good luck for your WI - bet it's gonna be a good un

xxx

Day 8 - first weigh in

5.34am

I've lost 9.5lb this week and I am thrilled. :D Blooming chuffed as nuts. (And I had to do a best of three on the scales as they were thinking about going lower.)

On previous diets with LOTS of exercise I could lose about half to one pound a day, so to have got this loss with the only exercise being my day-to-day activity is a huge result!

Just glugging down my first pint of the day and ready to do battle with week two. :)

7:30pm

Another 100% day and feeling good. I've barely had time to think today because I've been so busy, on the plus side that means no time to dwell on food.

My daughter told the Co-op cashier that I was on a diet today so she got a brief spiel about Exante, now she wants to try it too. The amount of people I know who have shown an interest, I should get commission!

Day 9 tomorrow and I'm confident I can kick it's butt too :)

Last edited:
Back