Extra Easy Orlistat & Extra Easy

I never seem to get an answer when I ask this question so I will ask it here and see what answer I get.

How do you know it's the drug that is helping you lose weight and not just the change in diet?

Not that I would ever bother with them as I think it's all to do with what you eat and motivation gets you to where you want to be.:)

I don't think you can know obviously if your not dieting you won't loose weight so it's got to be the combination.

When I started taking it my average losses increased by 1/2lb a week!

But the research shows you loose between 33-50% more than diet alone. But it's all individual weightloss is everyone should work to what suits them! X

I'm also doing Sw and orlistat. I also use MFP and calorie count too as find I have to control my portion sizes too

All the women in my family have type 2 diabetes and I was heading the same way. The dr gave them to me also. To me they are a form of will power in a little blue tablet, it might not be the thing for everyone, however what works for you works for you and that you are comfortable with. They are my will power the same way paying to go to get weighed works for me... Plenty can do it on their own without any help. But I for one will take any support I can get,
If you take them and think you can eat a full pizza then yes you may end up getting the nasty side effects, they are not a miracle tablet, there are plenty of friendly people on the orlistat forum willing to give advice, and people who have continued there weight loss journey after stopping taking them. I would defiantly have a nosey on that forum
:)

So to know if they do work you have to eat the same way and same amount you were eating before taking them?

Or be dieting before you start taking them as I found that my average losses were 1/2lb more when I was taking them. (I did Sw before the orlistat and noticed a difference but still followed Sw as I had before)

You can't get prescribed them unless you show you can loose weight so most people are dieting before so just see an increase in average losses if that makes sense! X

Taken from NHS

(After treatment is stopped, a number of people who have lost weight with the help of orlistat put weight back on. Try to anticipate this. Once you have lost some weight, you are more likely to keep your weight down if you stick to a healthy diet, exercise regularly (if you are able), and weigh yourself once a week.)

So if above is true why not just do healthy eating(slimming plan) and exercise.

This is the same can be said for any diet though, and as we read often on this forum people are on there 2nd, 3rd attempt etc

But we do eat well and exercise - do you think we take these tablets and eat takeaway every night!!?

We do eat healthy ie quite a few of us do Sw (unless this is somehow a bad way of eating?!) and most of us exercise!

But what's wrong in having the extra little help?!

These tablets are so controversial but I beg to differ that these are much healthier than total food replacement - or are you suggesting that's a better way to go?!

Most dieters will have tried some form of diet pill be it adios or an appetite suppressor but these are the only tablets supported by medical research clinical trials and are a dam sight less expensive than weightloss surgery or obesity related disease treatment costs!

IMO weightloss is weightloss no matter how you get there - I for one know what it feels like to have someone make me feel bad about my weight one way or another.

The principle of this sight is to support advise and welcome anyone wanting to loose weight no matter how or why they choose to do it. And I think we all do this well :) lets not offend each other on which methods we choose.

Taken from NHS

(After treatment is stopped, a number of people who have lost weight with the help of orlistat put weight back on. Try to anticipate this. Once you have lost some weight, you are more likely to keep your weight down if you stick to a healthy diet, exercise regularly (if you are able), and weigh yourself once a week.)

I'd just like to point out 95% of people who loose weight in whatever way they choose regain.

And noone has suggest taking these tablets and eating rubbish and never exercising! That's been an assumption they are some quick fix!

I'm not sure anyone has suggested they are a quick fix at all just enquired about them and how they work etc
I stilll personally don't think they are needed when following sw but if people find they work for them by keeping them on track and are confident that there are no risks to taking the meds then that is a decision for them and the dr to make and like most things to do with weight loss it isn't necessarily an easy one.

I'm not sure anyone has suggested they are a quick fix at all just enquired about them and how they work etc
I stilll personally don't think they are needed when following sw but if people find they work for them by keeping them on track and are confident that there are no risks to taking the meds then that is a decision for them and the dr to make and like most things to do with weight loss it isn't necessarily an easy one.

It's suggested when its said why can't people just eat well and exercise - it is what people do when taking them. We don't do any different except take the tablet x

It's suggested when its said why can't people just eat well and exercise - it is what people do when taking them. We don't do any different except take the tablet x

I thought the same too, everyone is different and this is supposed to be a support forum, eveyone is different and others may need more support that others

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Personally I didnt find Orlistat made any difference to my weight losses and because I was 'in the zone' and totally on track on my diet I didnt feel I needed them as a deterrent. That however was just me :)

I think if its something safe like Orlistat and it helps someone keep on track or if someone wants to try it to see if it works, thats up to them, theyve nothing to lose by trying.

Oh if losing weight was only as easy as merely eating healthily and exercising

Personally I didnt find Orlistat made any difference to my weight losses and because I was 'in the zone' and totally on track on my diet I didnt feel I needed them as a deterrent. That however was just me :)

I think if its something safe like Orlistat and it helps someone keep on track or if someone wants to try it to see if it works, thats up to them, theyve nothing to lose by trying.

Oh if losing weight was only as easy as merely eating healthily and exercising

Wish it was that easy for me sigh :)

cavegirl13 said:
Taken from NHS

Yes, but that's true of 95% of people who lose weight using ANY method - it all goes back and then some in many cases. But I can assure you if you go on the Orlistat forum you'll find people on there who've now stopped taking them and are still losing weight, because they're still eating sensibly; as I said, it's no different to any other diet. xx

Hiya, Kirsty, I gave your name on this thread earlier as an example of someone who does SW with Orlistat. :)

You're right about the boost to losses with Orlistat - I think it probably varies from person to person, but I'm not sure it's as great as some of the clinical trials indicate. Still, every little helps, eh?! xx

Yes, but that's true of 95% of people who lose weight using ANY method - it all goes back and then some in many cases. But I can assure you if you go on the Orlistat forum you'll find people on there who've now stopped taking them and are still losing weight, because they're still eating sensibly; as I said, it's no different to any other diet. xx

Well said! X

Hiya, Kirsty, I gave your name on this thread earlier as an example of someone who does SW with Orlistat. :)

You're right about the boost to losses with Orlistat - I think it probably varies from person to person, but I'm not sure it's as great as some of the clinical trials indicate. Still, every little helps, eh?! xx

You know what I think even if its only an extra 7lbs a year that's half a stone closer to goal than I would have been!

And it does vary but as you say every little helps! And I've never had problems with Sw and xen!

Thanks Tracy :) I knew I'd seen you over the road ;) x

Some very good points have been raised. Yes I agree that slimming world is a low fat diet anyway so some people would say there is no need to take them but if it keeps me on the straight and narrow and disciplined then I think it's definitely worth a try x

When I was given orlistat by my doc in may 2010 at his suggestion I'd lost 3 1/2 stone on sw and had plateaued for 18 months and nothing my consultants could suggest did anything to shift the rest. So it started creeping back on. Sw is low fat but due to the amounts of food you can eat isn't particularly low fat. The orlistat helped me and I've now lost nearly 6 stone . I don't go to sw anymore but all my recipes are based on sw and its so ingrained in me that eating this way is a way of life. For me the two were very compatible

Back