Paleo forum

Awwwww me too ....really needed fruit today so thought sod it I need to find something that's healthier and more sustainable x I'll miss the dukan girls though x
Me too. But need to go with what my instinct and body is telling me. I feel a bit like I'm coming home with Paleo.

greeneyedhippychick said:
Me too. But need to go with what my instinct and body is telling me. I feel a bit like I'm coming home with Paleo.

That's such a good way of putting it ...are you gonna do a diary ???

Yep! Absolutely. Diary page already started!

Yep! Absolutely. Diary page already started!

Good stuff I'll go give it a follow x

gettingfit said:
Mines in the healthy eating forum.I will get it moved over to here so it's another one added to the Paleo way.:)

O fab I'll go and give it a follow until it gets moved xx

Saw my cousin and her boyfriend recently and they looked amazing - their secret? following a Paleo diet and plenty of CrossFit excercise. I have since looked into it and got the Mark Sisson book The Primal Blueprint from the library and started to adjust my diet accordingly. Primal doesn't seem as 'strict' as Paleo but I think will suit me better for the long term.

Another follower for a Paleo/Primal section :D

JaneC66 said:
Saw my cousin and her boyfriend recently and they looked amazing - their secret? following a Paleo diet and plenty of CrossFit excercise. I have since looked into it and got the Mark Sisson book The Primal Blueprint from the library and started to adjust my diet accordingly. Primal doesn't seem as 'strict' as Paleo but I think will suit me better for the long term.

Another follower for a Paleo/Primal section :D

Hi Jane I think your right about primal it fits in with me better too....i may go strict in time but for now it seems perfect (really need to invest in that book though !!!!!)

Wow about your cousin gotta be the way forward x

Sent from my iPad using MiniMins

There seems to be quite a Primal / Paleo family coming together here. Looking forward to hearing all your stories :family2:

Hello to you all. I support the idea of a Primal/Paleo forum too. It's a great way of life.

It really is! I don't really consider it a diet, more of a lifestyle. And there really isn't any deprivation involved.

I just can't get my head round the "no legumes" thing. I know the theory - about phytates and lectins - but you can reduce the problem by soaking and/or cooking. Why isn't that allowed? You're allowed to cook meat on Paleo after all...

(Just very attached to my peanuts, peas, beans and soya!)

Spanglymum said:
I just can't get my head round the "no legumes" thing. I know the theory - about phytates and lectins - but you can reduce the problem by soaking and/or cooking. Why isn't that allowed? You're allowed to cook meat on Paleo after all...

(Just very attached to my peanuts, peas, beans and soya!)

The theory is that even soaked they can cause problems e.g leaky gut, and offer no nutritional benefits that cant be found from much better sources.

But I take paleo to be a scale rather than an absolute. I don't think many people follow it strictly all the time. E.g strict paleo allows no dairy, but cream and butter are no problem for me, so I have them. Sadly cheese makes my hayfever worse so I don't have it.

I would recommend cutting them out for a bit, e.g 28 days, then reintroducing them and making your decision on that.

I have a soya latte about once a week and I love it. Im going for the 80/20 rule here! Fact is, we're not cavemen and we're not perfect!

Good luck!

It really is! I don't really consider it a diet, more of a lifestyle. And there really isn't any deprivation involved.

I dreamed about chocolate cake last night! I think it's because there's some in the fridge...I told myself I could have some if I want, and I didn't once I was full from dinner, but weird that I dreamt about it!

You're very wise, phoenyx! I like your approach.

At the moment I'm not really Paleo-ing as I'm STILL trying to lose the weight I gained last Christmas (sigh). But once I get within a whisker of goal I will definitely be following a Paleo approach as it makes a lot of sense to me and seems to suit me quite well. Just flummoxed at the moment as to why I seem to lose a bit and then self-sabotage...

Well done on not going for the chocolate cake. I do think telling yourself you CAN have something works better than denying yourself. It makes it easier to make an adult choice.

Spanglymum said:
You're very wise, phoenyx! I like your approach.

At the moment I'm not really Paleo-ing as I'm STILL trying to lose the weight I gained last Christmas (sigh). But once I get within a whisker of goal I will definitely be following a Paleo approach as it makes a lot of sense to me and seems to suit me quite well. Just flummoxed at the moment as to why I seem to lose a bit and then self-sabotage...

Well done on not going for the chocolate cake. I do think telling yourself you CAN have something works better than denying yourself. It makes it easier to make an adult choice.

Hey just to let you know I started the primal blueprint diet last week and lost 7lb in my first week ...so if your thinking of it I'd certainly recommend ...I need to lose weight too (about a stone)

Hey p I had a dream I pigged out last night was so vivid ...but god was I relieved when I woke up x I didn't want to do that to my body now I'm feeling so good x

Sent from my iPad using MiniMins

I'm in favour of a paleo/primal section too! Just started today with mine!

Need some advice though! What % split should your calorie intake be across carbs, fats, protein??

I'm in favour of a paleo/primal section too! Just started today with mine!

Need some advice though! What % split should your calorie intake be across carbs, fats, protein??
Welcome to a new way of life Stazo. Use your imagination with your available food and you will never be bored with your Paleo lifestyle. Hopefully this link will answer your question.
The Primal Blueprint Diagrams | Mark's Daily Apple

Me, me, me. :wavey: Finished The Primal Blueprint today and started Rob Woolfs book. Had a go at eating and exercising primal today and it went well. Going to have another primal day tomorrow. One day at a time and I'll learn as I go.

Back