Paul McKenna's Hypnotic Gastric Band

Hello!

I had my gastric band 'fitted' five days ago and I can't believe the difference it has made already! It has literally changed the way I look at food. When I am preparing my meals, I look at it and think to myself ' good grief! I won't be able to eat that much!, which is not like me at all.

Right now I am losing about a 1lb a day and I am astonished! I was wondering about longevity. Has anyone experienced a lengthy sizeable loss? If it has been this successful so far, will that continue or can I expect the effects to wear off?

I need to lose about 4 1/2 stone ��!

Thanks in advance for any advice that you can give!

Janey

Hi Janey

I had my band 'fitted' at the end of January this year...and 10 weeks down the line I am still losing... and still have found it the most easiest and delightful of processes.

I have lost 5 stone and 1/2 a pound so far... but I do have another 10 stone to go!..

But I would say it definitely has longevity... and its not just the food that changes.. I walk over a mile a day, and Zumba every day too, whereas previously, I wouldnt even get up to fetch the remote control!

Good luck, let us all know how you progress!

Jane x

Thanks for the reply! I can't quite believe how easy it is! To be honest I am expecting something to go wrong but it hasn't yet! It's magic! It sounds like you are doing fantastically - what an amazing loss!

Let's keep at it! Hoorah for Mr. McKenna!!

Jx

Great to hear more people are potentially joining us!

I agree that this is more of a different outlook on life and me as a person. I've readjusted my band and so I'm very much focused again. I was sceptical and still am to some extent, but I will say that it's been the easiest stone I have lost ever!

Off to the gym later - now even that is an achievement! I wouldn't have had the confidence to go into a gym at nearly 20 stone before!

Sent from my iPad using MiniMins

Hmm must be something wrong with me cos Ive gotten worse after reading book and listening to the cd for about a week :-(

Hmm must be something wrong with me cos Ive gotten worse after reading book and listening to the cd for about a week :-(

Did you play it backwards..?..xx

Hope you have real luck with it soon! x

There is something I have noticed a couple of times now. There have been occasions that for whatever reason I haven't eaten slowly and have ended up over eating. Not as much as before the HGB, but more than usual. I haven't had that stretched stomach feeling I've just been physically sick. Has anyone else had this? Before if I had over eaten I would have to lie down and I would feel quite nauseous, but not actually been sick.

I've not been sick, but I do use a very small plate, so I cannot overeat... But I do notice that if I don't really take notice of what I'm eating them I find that I don't feel as full as I would normally xx

but my cousin who has had a gastric bypass for real, is physically sick when she over eats.

Oh I'm so sorry that it hasn't worked for some of you. I use a tiny plate too, and I stop sometimes and wait for a couple of minutes to see if I am still hungry. I also use an app to track my calories, just out of interest. Without paying attention and just following the four steps, I eat about 1150 calories, if on some days ( it's usually the evenings) I am tempted to snack, I look at my log and see what I have eaten that day. I can then see how many calories I could eat and still lose.

Having said that I am losing about 0.4 of a pound a day, which I am not sure is good or bad really. I suspect for the HGB it's quite slow!

Jxx

0.4 lb per day is amazing! Nearly 3lb per week and more than sensible weight loss recommends so you are doing really well! I'm now about 1lb per week which is slow when I weigh a lot!

You've totally inspired me...........

Did you play it backwards..?..xx

Hope you have real luck with it soon! x

I've been following the chat about the Gastric Thingumy Whatsit on a couple of sites, but nothing inspired me as much as your 'chat'.
I feel a bit of a fraud, as I don't have much to lose, but I have been trying to lose it for 6 years! I got 'stuck' at Slimming World and so decided to call target. I maintained for about 4 years and then have gradually put on a stone.
Thanks to initial Slimming World online for the shifting of a few pounds, but even bigger thanks to you MissMiff for inspiring me to try the HGB. I'm now under my original target, and do you know what? I think I may be able to get to my 'proper' target with Paul's help.
its been a revelation for me. No dreaming about food, worrying about food or craving food. Is it magic? I don't think so, but it seems to be taking me to place I'd never get to. yay!
A million thanks x

I've been following the chat about the Gastric Thingumy Whatsit on a couple of sites, but nothing inspired me as much as your 'chat'.
I feel a bit of a fraud, as I don't have much to lose, but I have been trying to lose it for 6 years! I got 'stuck' at Slimming World and so decided to call target. I maintained for about 4 years and then have gradually put on a stone.
Thanks to initial Slimming World online for the shifting of a few pounds, but even bigger thanks to you MissMiff for inspiring me to try the HGB. I'm now under my original target, and do you know what? I think I may be able to get to my 'proper' target with Paul's help.
its been a revelation for me. No dreaming about food, worrying about food or craving food. Is it magic? I don't think so, but it seems to be taking me to place I'd never get to. yay!
A million thanks x

Aww I am really touched.. Thank you..You too have inspiried me now, to carry this through, so that some day, I can be in your position.. xxx. Feel a bit of a fraud tho, cos I went to a party last night and ate 3 bagels (first white bread in 11 weeks) But it was my lunch and dinner.... But today is another day! xx

Aww I am really touched.. Thank you..You too have inspiried me now, to carry this through, so that some day, I can be in your position.. xxx. Feel a bit of a fraud tho, cos I went to a party last night and ate 3 bagels (first white bread in 11 weeks) But it was my lunch and dinner.... But today is another day! xx

Are you serious that 3 bagels was the amount of food you ate all day and nothing else?

Are you serious that 3 bagels was the amount of food you ate all day and nothing else?

No I stuffed the 3 bagels in whilst being at a party..as well as a hearty plate of party food,.. I had a massive breakfast at 11am due to travelling... Thanks for your concern, but I am also under the doctor, and health trainer. Who I can assure you would not warrant a 'starvation' diet,,, thanks, I do hope this meets with your approval

I've hit a brick wall! I can't recognise when I'm full all of a sudden! Could it be hormonal? Have I done something wrong? It's almost as if the HGB has never happened! I've been like this for about four days now and I've even tried the installation track again. I've lost the plot, help!

I've hit a brick wall! I can't recognise when I'm full all of a sudden! Could it be hormonal? Have I done something wrong? It's almost as if the HGB has never happened! I've been like this for about four days now and I've even tried the installation track again. I've lost the plot, help!

It happened to me... after about 2 weeks I was eating and not feeling full.. So I stopped, and re-evaluated the situation...

I noticed that I had started to eat,and not take notice of what I was actually eating, i was simply scoffing.. So now I always make sure that I do the following.

Always sit at the table when eating
Try not to have long drawn out conversations whilst eating
Never watch the tv
Never play on the pc, ipod or phone
Dont read and eat
Concentrate on your food
Eat slowly and chew at least 20 times.

I know its all daft, but it really does make a difference.

I hope this helps you out of your rut.. xxxxxxx

I haven't done this yet but I find it easier if I cut my food up really small and keep putting my knife and fork down. It takes me longer to eat and its easier to recignise when I'm getting full.

You're so right, you have to completely concentrate on your food. Try and savour it and analyse the different textures. I automatically now count every mouthful, look at your plate too - it does help. Putting your knife and fork down is also a very good tip.
I don't know if I'm being a bit radical and crazy, but I've down loaded the 'I can make you thin' app on to my iPhone, as I'm not always able to listen to the HGB trance on CD. It's got a trance on it, that's related to eating less and being in control - I'm finding the combination of the 2 good. There's also some good 'emergency' techniques on there.
Maybe give the combo a go if you're struggling anyone....?

Loving Mr Mckenna this week...6.5lb loss, which means I am 0.5lb shy of losing 6 stone!... Go Paul and your Hypnotic gastric wotsits!.. x

Back