Pineapple, thought I'd share...

Ellebear said:
There is going to be a mass pineapple shortage!!! hehe!

Exactly what I was thinking! Lol

Gemmy_Lou said:
Ha! About 25 minutes ago I said to my husband "oh, I can't be arsed with chopping that pineapple tonight - I'll eat it over the weekend"

Now he is so confused as I've just got to my feet and said "Right, I'm going to chop up that pineapple" he looked mega puzzled!!

Come on pineapple... EAT ME!

:) :) 'come on pineapple...EAT ME!' :) :)

Think I'll start a 'Different ways to eat pineapple' thread on the recipe section

I did not know this information at all... I dont think I like pineapple however its been that long since I tried it for the sake of breaking down my wobbly belly I will def try it again!! Thanks xx :)

i love pineapple, an d what an amazing excuse to stuff a whole load of it down my cake hole now :D x

What would you guys eat the salsa with? Grilled chicken maybe?? Can't think, altho it sounds delish!

Had it with burgers last night. It'll go really nice with fish, gamon, chicken. Anything! Was even stealing some out of the fridge and eating by itself :)

I hacked up another pineapple today and so far, half of it has eaten me. :whistle:

That salsa recipe sounds really nice, but I don't have any fresh chillis. I highly doubt the pineapple will last until I can buy some, I'll have eaten it all by then...

I bought the large pineapple in tesco today for £1 and will be chopping it up for breakfast tomorrow and Sunday :) goodbye cellulite

Hi folks,

Thought I`d share this pineapple fact. When my dog had constipation her vet recommended pineapple, and it worked! My OH took a larger amount for the same problem. Not that the vet treated him as well!

Cut the top/bottom off the pineapple, cut into quarters length wise and slice down to remve the core.

Lay down flat and with long sharp knife cut around the skin to effectively fillet the pineapple and cut into wedges - you should get at least 2 per quarter, on some large ones 3. Put in freezer bags and stick in freezer.

Instant SF ice lolly's whenever you want them - and if you pick up cheap pineapples (I typically buy mine at 50p each) - very economical too. (and to think that DelMonte (at least used to) do a box of three pieces of fancy cut pineapple on sticks for £1.99) when you can do it yourself :)

Ian, is it wrong I eat the core? I'm too lazy to fiddle with removing pineapple goodness, even if it's just a wee bit chewier. lol

Really shrimpy? It's so hard, how do you munch it?.. You must have teeth like rocks :p

I've had 1/2 pineapple 2 days in a row now!

I have no idea... I just munch away! :)

I've just eaten the pineapple put of my husbands sweet and sour chicken... I hope that that counts too?!

~*~Louisa~*~ said:
even if its ripe if you eat too much it will burn your mouth... ive in the past eaten amazing amounts of pineapple, esp when pregnant lol last two pregnancys there were periods where anything other then pineapple made me sick lol, and then later on to try and bring baby out lol

I went the full 14 days overdue with my little girl & I ate pineapples till they were almost coming out of my ears!! I've not been as keen on them since then- it didn't work, I still had to have my labour induced!

mini mog your supposed to eat the centre to induce labour.. having said that i think its all a pile of cack, and actually my MW said that alot of babies become distressed from rasberry leaf tea and over use of pinapple because it can *sometimes* (when it works) ripen the cervix when babe is not ready.

babe will come when it comes!!

enjoy your pinapple ladies.. if you find your the only one eating it and have too much i bag mine up and freeze, .. they'r like frozen sweets when you next want them or defrost very quickly! xxx

Back