Pitta bread - How do you fill yours

im having falafel tomorrow with mine

My meatballs were AMAZING!! Made from scratch the SW way with home made ratatouille!!! YUM!!!! My whole family want me to make it again and think its the best SW recipe yet!!

xx

Do you have the receipe for the meatball, or where i can find it...... its one on my New foods to try list.

I love these in pitta

Char grilled chicken breast with salad
Tuna mayo with cucumber and sweetcorn
Refried beans
Ham salad
Hamburger patties (kebabs anyone? :D )

I havent got a recipe on me and deviated from it quite a bit anyway, but from memory...

Meatballs
500g mince (any kind but i used beef)
1 tsp mixed herbs
2 tlbspn parsley finely chopped
4 spring onions finely sliced

Put mince in a bowl and mix with all other herbs and spring onions (i suggest using your hands to squish the mince up it makes it easier to mould)

Mould into small balls until all the mixture is used (15-20 depending on size), put in fridge for 10 mins to cool, then place under a medium grill and cook for 15 minutes turning to ensure all sides are cooked and put to one side.

Saucy Ratatouille

400g tinned tomatoes
1 tablespoon tomato ketchup (1/2 syn)
1 tsp worcestershire sauce
1 large onion peeled and roughly chopped
1 pepper de-seeded and roughly chopped
1 courgette roughly diced
1 leek roughly chopped
250ml stock (i used beef as i made beef meatballs)
tblspn mixed herb
Salt and pepper

(you can use any vegetables you like :))

Place vegetables in a saucepan with tinned tomatoes and stock. Bring to the boil, cover then turn the heat to simmer add all seasonings (including tomato ketchup) and cook for 10-15 minutes (until vegetables are cooked) remove lid and simmer until sauce is as thick as you want it.

Add the meatballs and stir to heat through

YUMMY!!

I had this on its own and some meatballs with a bit of sauce in a pitta the next day but EE can have it with SW chips or a jacket potato and its LOVELY!!!

And its freezable!! :)

My OH keeps asking me to make these!!! I will have to try it!

- I agree quorn sausages are very yucky!!

im just cooking them now ill give u a holla on here let u know how they went!!

ive just cut one in half and made a pizza out of it, just plain one, with passata and my HE of mozzarella, mmmmmmm, this is lovely,. xx

thanks for the humous recipe will be trying this!!

by far the best filling is donner kebab! that recipe is a favourite of mine !!! i used to syn the pitta but now its a hexb fantastico....lots of salad and sw chips in the actifry yummy

Back