Pitta bread - How do you fill yours

Had quorn burger with sliced boiled egg, tomato and black pepper with a tbsp of low fat salad cream, all in a HEX B pitta - DELICIOUS!!!! and really filling

Maybe a little basic for some....If I realise I haven't used by B choice, I pop a pitta in the toaster, split it in half and spread a light blue cheese square in each pocket. Gorgeous!!

Had quorn burger with sliced boiled egg, tomato and black pepper with a tbsp of low fat salad cream, all in a HEX B pitta - DELICIOUS!!!! and really filling

Do quorn burgers taste like the sausages?

I've just discovered an amazing new filling for pitta bread!! It may not be to everyones' tastes as it's a little adventurous but here goes!!

Chop up 2 cold hardboiled eggs. Mix with chopped spring onion, chopped red pepper, chopped gherkin, 1 tspn curry powder and 2 tablespoons Hellmanns Extra Light (now called 'Lighter Than Light'!!) =1 syn. Lightly toast the pitta bread (I use Asda wholemeal as a HEXb) so that it opens easily, slice the edge and fill with a sliced tomato, a few salad leaves and pile in the egg mayonnaise mix!! Yum yum!!

Do quorn burgers taste like the sausages?

They don't taste like the sausages and have a different texture - I don't like the sausages but can eat the burgers

I tried Tesco meat free Lincolnshire sausages (free on green and EE) which were better than Quorn - think I've read on here that Sainsbury's meat free burgers are good - 1/4 pounders - 1/2 syn each on any plan

Nandos style chicken breast with a slice of cheese and pinapple and a bit of fromage frais (for the mayo substitute) its free on red and you can have it with sw chips on EE you might have to cut up the chicken tho or it wont all fit!

Back