+*+* POST your food pics for meal ideas +*+*+*

I've not really tried it as a substitute for potatoes, i did make a butternut squash and curry soup once on one of my previous attempts at sw. I really should give it a go , also i will need to try sweet potatoes too. x

oh you have got to try sweet potato if you havent. It is yummy. I especially love it in a hot curry or a stew or casserole.

But it is lovely cubed up, sprayed with some spray oil and sprinkling of mixed herbs and roasted in the oven with carrots, red onion and parsnips.

Sweet potato is indeed mega, I do think it tastes very much like BNS tho Canadianmum so am surprised that your stew didn't taste nice. Mind you, the liquid that comes out of the BNS when peeling and chopping is quite astringent and make my fingers feel weird, so maybe it was the squash fluid that made your stew not taste nice?

Maybe roasting the squash in frylight and adding it after would help you with this. Mind you, you stick to the EE plan dontcha, so it's all happy days no matter what the veg. xx

Thanks guys i will defo be trying sweet potatoes x

Britmum - the cheese meatballs and tortilla are they in the recipe section???
X

This is brilliant! I am sitting here looking through all these amazing dishes thinking that I need to vary what i eat so much more. I always lose more weight when I eat a wider variety of food and you are all inspiring me! Thankyou!

britmum, once again, superb!! was the cous cous cake nice, i've never tried to make it x

ok gonna give this a try

Had quorn chicken covered with laughing cow light triangles i melted in the microwave along with sweet potato chips and veg. Trying to post a pic below!!!

Breakfast this morning was 2 Sunny Bisk with milk allowance, strawberries and melon

Cheese pie, 1 syn for the whole thing. Recipe in my blog below :D

f40dc9.jpg

BritMum that cake looks delicious, and is that 'real' fresh whipped cream? Do you have the recipe for both please, thank you. X

BritMum that cake looks delicious, and is that 'real' fresh whipped cream? Do you have the recipe for both please, thank you. X

It was just fresh light squirty cream which is 0.5 syns for 2 tablespoons (I was rather surprised at that, as I was always under the impression cream would be high, but I suppose it is a lot of air in squirty cream).

brit mum how many syns for the cherry and almond couscous cake if not using cream so per quater thanks

I counted it as 3 syns for a quarter of the cake with the cream (so 2 syns for just the quarter of cake).

But of course that is with counting the cous cous as free. There are such big debates about whether it can be used in a cake blah blah, but I think as long as you are eating these things in moderation and are still losing, then don't worry about it.

Back