+*+* POST your food pics for meal ideas +*+*+*

and here was my afters

lemon rouldae 1/2 syn

cake002.jpg
1/2 syn wow now I need that as well, can I move in.

Thank you! They're from my organic veg box that came this morning, beyond delicious! Who knew roasted broccoli would be so yummy! Gosh that second pic looks like some weird magazine shot with an invisible plate!

i tried roasting cauliflower last week and it was yummy too

Pete's Spicy Drumsticks

Made these for last night's BBQ, went down a treat!

Pete’s Spicy Chicken Drumsticks 2

(My version from SW Mag March/April 2011)

Serves 4
Extra Easy 1 Syn

Ingredients

8 Chicken Drumsticks, skinned
1 Tbsp hot paprika
2 Tsp Turmeric
4 Tbsp dark soy sauce
2 Tbsp garlic salt
2 Tsp ground ginger
4 Tbsp white wine vinegar

Method

Slash the flesh of the chicken a few times and place in a large bowl.
Mix the spices, soy sauce, garlic salt, ginger & vinegar, then pour over the chicken and cover then marinate for 6-8hrs.

Preheat the oven to 200c, place the chicken on a baking tray lined with greaseproof paper. Cook for 10 mins then lower the oven to 180c for the remaining 20-25mins or until cooked through.

Have with a Salad

Attachments

• Spicy Drumstick 1 (Large).JPG
    Spicy Drumstick 1 (Large).JPG
    308.8 KB · Views: 174
bilsat said:
Made these for last night's BBQ, went down a treat!

Pete’s Spicy Chicken Drumsticks 2

(My version from SW Mag March/April 2011)

Serves 4
Extra Easy 1 Syn

Ingredients

8 Chicken Drumsticks, skinned
1 Tbsp hot paprika
2 Tsp Turmeric
4 Tbsp dark soy sauce
2 Tbsp garlic salt
2 Tsp ground ginger
4 Tbsp white wine vinegar

Method

Slash the flesh of the chicken a few times and place in a large bowl.
Mix the spices, soy sauce, garlic salt, ginger & vinegar, then pour over the chicken and cover then marinate for 6-8hrs.

Preheat the oven to 200c, place the chicken on a baking tray lined with greaseproof paper. Cook for 10 mins then lower the oven to 180c for the remaining 20-25mins or until cooked through.

Have with a Salad

Looks gorge! Why are they 1 syn tho?

hers the link for the roulade recepie

http://www.minimins.com/slimming-world-recipes/145374-1-2-syn-fruit-roulade.html

all i did was use lemon essence and a bit of emon rind.when cooked i cut it in haf and put a lemon essence ,sweetner and quark mixed up for the filing and same on top,decorated with a bit of emon rind.i used loads of sweetner to try and disguise the sourness of the quark,might try this next week with some strawberry essence and fresh strawberries,yum x

ooh,how did you do the mushrooms x

Placed on foil on baking tray, quick spray of frylight, sprinkled each with garlic salt, dabbed on some tomato puree (1/2 syn at the most) used a HEXA of mozerella and baked for about 20 mins on 180... they were seriously delicious

Thanks for spotting the mistake in the Spicy Chicken drumsticks, the original recipe had chips as well as low fat mayo hence the 1 syn.

Bulgur salad with grilled chicken breast! Was a bit much lol, wasn't able to finish it :eek:

5f8ac5e4.jpg

Thanks Sarah! Today we had linguine with prawns & tomato sauce!

ab4f7eee.png

Back