Post your NSVs here!

Discussion in 'Cambridge Weight Plan' started by Chika, 22 June 2007 Social URL.

1. Chika

Chika Silver Member

Start Weight:
    26st10lb
    Current Weight:
    25st9lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st12lb
    Lost(%):
    1st1lb(4.01%)
    Diet:
    Cambridge Diet
    Hi Everyone

For those who don't know a NSV is a Non Scale Victory. I thought it would be great to have a thread where we can post our achievements that aren't measured by the scales. It can be anything at all, clothes fitting, new sizes, people's reactions etc. I think that hearing about other people's achievements really inspires me to stick at it - I hope its the same for everyone else too?

Today, I found a coat that I bought just after Chritmas that I had put in the back of the wardrobe as I couldn't fasten it. I tried it on an lo and behold all the buttons fastened, without that nasty gaping that too tight clothes give! So now I'm very happy and very stylish in my new purple coat!

Mini likes this.
  2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. Sambucca

Sambucca Gold Member

Start Weight:
    20st7lb
    Current Weight:
    11st7lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    9st0lb(43.9%)
    Diet:
    Gastric BYpass
    my hubby told me this morning that im looking thinner already!! certainly made my day.

Mini likes this.
  4. CherryValentine

CherryValentine Full Member

Start Weight:
    10st12lb
    Current Weight:
    10st12lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    :party0019:I tried on my wedding dress yesterday, and it fastened allbeit a little tight but it fastened that totally made my day, personally I cant see that Ive lost any weight but when I tried my dress a couple of months ago it was no where near fastening :D

Mini likes this.
  5. Chika

Chika Silver Member

Start Weight:
    26st10lb
    Current Weight:
    25st9lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st12lb
    Lost(%):
    1st1lb(4.01%)
    Diet:
    Cambridge Diet
    Thats great news, isn't it brilliant when people notice? You must be made up to get into your dress. I bet yo9u will look fabulous in it on your big day!

Mini likes this.
  6. lancslass53

lancslass53 Silver Member

Start Weight:
    15st7lb
    Current Weight:
    11st6lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st7lb
    Lost(%):
    4st1lb(26.27%)
    Diet:
    CD
    this morning i got a pair of jeans out my wardrobe, bought them when i was a size 14, bout 18 months ago, still had labels on as they were a bit too tight, tried them on this morning and they are baggy on me :D

bunnycd, Mini and CherryValentine like this.
  7. CherryValentine

CherryValentine Full Member

Start Weight:
    10st12lb
    Current Weight:
    10st12lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Thanks Chika, I actually got married 5 years but just thought Id see if I could get in to it :giggle:

Mini likes this.
  8. wannabeminime

wannabeminime Gold Member

Bought a 14/16 vest today, and it fits nicely! Great to be back in clothing with a 14 on the label!

Mini likes this.
  9. sonkie

sonkie Gold Member

Goal Weight:
    12st0lb
    Diet:
    measure up
    I can now get into a 26......after being between a 32/34 & 36 its hard to get round the fact...
    Ex keeps complimenting me !!!!!!
    Can run up the stairs.......
    Can fit in the bath without all the fat piling up the sides.....

Though I still have a long way to go....but all getting better

bunnycd and Ruthlet like this.
  10. Byebye bingo wings

Byebye bingo wings Full Member

Start Weight:
    21st3lb
    Current Weight:
    20st8lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st7lb
    Lost(%):
    0st9lb(3.03%)
    Diet:
    CD
    Way to go Sonkie, that's an amazing achievement so far! I have absolutley no doubt you will make it all the way!

11. Sambucca

Sambucca Gold Member

Start Weight:
    20st7lb
    Current Weight:
    11st7lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    9st0lb(43.9%)
    Diet:
    Gastric BYpass
    you are an inspiration Sonkie. You have come a long way and like BBBW said, I have no doubt you will make it to your goal.

12. dizzy-n-mizzy

dizzy-n-mizzy Not dieting ATM!

Diet:
    Together we lost 8 stone on CD.
    It's a year today since I started CD and although I have put back on a few pounds since goal, and still working on my overeating. I am currently fitter than I was in my early 20's and I was pretty fit then!

Really enjoying exercise too and confident I will learn control over my eating soon, won't be giving up.

Dizzy x

13. Mia01101

Mia01101 Full Member

Start Weight:
    14st12lb
    Current Weight:
    14st10lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st12lb
    Lost(%):
    0st2lb(0.96%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    OK - not to sound crude....but my undies keep falling down....and my trousers....whatever about my size 18's...my 16's are starting to fall....builder's bum hello!!!

Mini likes this.
  14. lancslass53

Start Weight:
    15st7lb
    Current Weight:
    11st6lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st7lb
    Lost(%):
    4st1lb(26.27%)
    Diet:
    CD

:rotflmao:

i kow what u mean, ive had to buy a load of new ones, i wear jeans all time but its still uncomfortable when me underwear ends up halfway down my ass :giggle::giggle:

Mini likes this.
  15. Ruthlet

Ruthlet Wants to be a loser!

Diet:
    CD
    My OH bought me a beautiful ring for my birthday the first year we met (nearly 10 years ago eeeeeeek) and for the past 3-4 years I have no longer been able to wear it - I can now wear it comfortably again :D.

I have a waterproof jacket that I have never been able to do up and have always had a wet front everytime it rained :( and now it does up with room to spare yay yay yay:p.

16. Neco

Neco Full Member

Start Weight:
    21st9lb
    Goal Weight:
    16st0lb
    Diet:
    Cambridge
    today my lodger made a comment that made me really happy.

He said "you need to get some smaller clothes"

Only in week 3, so pleased that someone who sees me every day has noticed. Feeling fantastic and cant see failure anywhere near the horizon.

Love this website, love this diet (especially the cranberry bars:wow:), love life, in fact I love everyone at the moment....

17. bunnycd

bunnycd Full Member

I think my most magic moment was when I finally went to my home town and went out to the local nightclub (which I have not done for 8 years due to feeling like everyone I went to school with would laugh at me) I know it is stilly as I am 29. I was bullied at school for being fat - they use to call me the women from Viz. You know what! the bully who was the most popular boy chatted me up and he did not recognise me - I told him to fu*ck off in so many words - sweet revenge!!!!:rolleyes:

18. Avatar

MiniMins.com Advert

19. lancslass53

Start Weight:
    15st7lb
    Current Weight:
    11st6lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st7lb
    Lost(%):
    4st1lb(26.27%)
    Diet:
    CD
    good for you bunny, i always say that people always get whats owed to them :D

20. bigal6

bigal6 Full Member

Diet:
    Cambridge
    My NSV's would be shirts I received over the last 5 years as christmas/birthday presents and refused to donate to charity shops because "they might fit one day" are now going to the charity shops...because they are too big.........getting to tell Dragondrawers "I told you so" also helps........just a little bit

Alex

21. Chika

Chika Silver Member

Start Weight:
    26st10lb
    Current Weight:
    25st9lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st12lb
    Lost(%):
    1st1lb(4.01%)
    Diet:
    Cambridge Diet
    Nice one! That must have been incredible, I cant wait for something like this to happen!

22. bunnycd

bunnycd Full Member

Oh yeah it was fab. He aparently, according to my friend never gets turned down! should have seen his face! I wish I took a camera.

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.