Post your NSVs here!

Chika

Silver Member
Hi Everyone

For those who don't know a NSV is a Non Scale Victory. I thought it would be great to have a thread where we can post our achievements that aren't measured by the scales. It can be anything at all, clothes fitting, new sizes, people's reactions etc. I think that hearing about other people's achievements really inspires me to stick at it - I hope its the same for everyone else too?

Today, I found a coat that I bought just after Chritmas that I had put in the back of the wardrobe as I couldn't fasten it. I tried it on an lo and behold all the buttons fastened, without that nasty gaping that too tight clothes give! So now I'm very happy and very stylish in my new purple coat!

:party0019:I tried on my wedding dress yesterday, and it fastened allbeit a little tight but it fastened that totally made my day, personally I cant see that Ive lost any weight but when I tried my dress a couple of months ago it was no where near fastening :D

Thats great news, isn't it brilliant when people notice? You must be made up to get into your dress. I bet yo9u will look fabulous in it on your big day!

I can now get into a 26......after being between a 32/34 & 36 its hard to get round the fact...
Ex keeps complimenting me !!!!!!
Can run up the stairs.......
Can fit in the bath without all the fat piling up the sides.....

Though I still have a long way to go....but all getting better

It's a year today since I started CD and although I have put back on a few pounds since goal, and still working on my overeating. I am currently fitter than I was in my early 20's and I was pretty fit then!

Really enjoying exercise too and confident I will learn control over my eating soon, won't be giving up.

Dizzy x

OK - not to sound crude....but my undies keep falling down....and my trousers....whatever about my size 18's...my 16's are starting to fall....builder's bum hello!!!

OK - not to sound crude....but my undies keep falling down....and my trousers....whatever about my size 18's...my 16's are starting to fall....builder's bum hello!!!

:rotflmao:

i kow what u mean, ive had to buy a load of new ones, i wear jeans all time but its still uncomfortable when me underwear ends up halfway down my ass :giggle::giggle:

My OH bought me a beautiful ring for my birthday the first year we met (nearly 10 years ago eeeeeeek) and for the past 3-4 years I have no longer been able to wear it - I can now wear it comfortably again :D.

I have a waterproof jacket that I have never been able to do up and have always had a wet front everytime it rained :( and now it does up with room to spare yay yay yay:p.

today my lodger made a comment that made me really happy.

He said "you need to get some smaller clothes"

Only in week 3, so pleased that someone who sees me every day has noticed. Feeling fantastic and cant see failure anywhere near the horizon.

Love this website, love this diet (especially the cranberry bars:wow:), love life, in fact I love everyone at the moment....

I think my most magic moment was when I finally went to my home town and went out to the local nightclub (which I have not done for 8 years due to feeling like everyone I went to school with would laugh at me) I know it is stilly as I am 29. I was bullied at school for being fat - they use to call me the women from Viz. You know what! the bully who was the most popular boy chatted me up and he did not recognise me - I told him to fu*ck off in so many words - sweet revenge!!!!:rolleyes:

My NSV's would be shirts I received over the last 5 years as christmas/birthday presents and refused to donate to charity shops because "they might fit one day" are now going to the charity shops...because they are too big.........getting to tell Dragondrawers "I told you so" also helps........just a little bit

Alex

I think my most magic moment was when I finally went to my home town and went out to the local nightclub (which I have not done for 8 years due to feeling like everyone I went to school with would laugh at me) I know it is stilly as I am 29. I was bullied at school for being fat - they use to call me the women from Viz. You know what! the bully who was the most popular boy chatted me up and he did not recognise me - I told him to fu*ck off in so many words - sweet revenge!!!!:rolleyes:

Nice one! That must have been incredible, I cant wait for something like this to happen!

Nice one! That must have been incredible, I cant wait for something like this to happen!

Oh yeah it was fab. He aparently, according to my friend never gets turned down! should have seen his face! I wish I took a camera.

Back