Post your points queries here :) One of our experts will get back to you ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
4 points so you better enjoy it ;) Or just have half of it lol

Righteo, I need some help please. When I take my baby girl to her baby club we often have a tiny slice of cake. Well, more of a square than a slice. I never know how to point it so try to avoid it altogether but twice in the last few weeks I have given in but never sure how to point it :/

So we have 2 types of cake normally:

1) Chocolate cake with soft chocolate topping and filling halfway through. The slice is a square of about 1 and a half inches across the top and maybe 2.5 inches deep. I have no idea how much a normal slice of cake is so not quite sure how much a tiny piece would be?

2) Sponge cake with jam and soft cream topping and filling. This was about 3 inches across on the top and maybe 1.5 inches deep.

I would rather not eat it to be honest but if i do I would like to know what the damage would be. I have been pointing it at around 5/6 points but not sure it is enough.

What do you think?

Hi peeps

How many points in a chinese takeaway portion of chicken chowmein or mushroom chowmein? My local one does it in the long foil tray so it's quite a large portion....

Thanks in advance!

Homemade blueberry frangipane :eek:

It had a layer of blueberries in the bottom, then an inch thick layer of almond sponge (like a normal sponge but made with ground almonds instead of flour.)

I had a piece which was about 2 square inches. :eek:

(Totally worth it, btw.)

x

Sounds lovely. Ground almonds are higher in fat than flour of course, so will be more points I would expect.

Yep, 5g of ground almonds is half a point, compared to 10g of flour. Six points for the little square? More? Hard to say...

Lea, I would point the cake at 4 as it's a small piece, you should be ok with that x

Thanks as always Karen. I will leave it as 5 points as it may make me feel guilty enough not to make a habit out of it ;)

Chicken. Mostly breast, some thigh meat though.

100g cooked.

I'm totally bemused by the Eat Wisely book, so maybe one of you could work it out somehow :eek:

x

I'd go with 1.5 jenni - the book is a bit strange on chicken, isn't it? Don't know how much difference cooking it would make?

Is it right that a 37g bag of maltesers is only 3.5 points? It seems so low :/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back