PP weekly allowence!

Weekly pps allowance

Do most people always use their weekly allowance, or is it an occasional thing? Do you find weight loss is bigger when the allowance is not used?

I find I can't get through my weeklys as well as my daily propoints!! I would be interested in hearing other peoples views on this as it worries me that if my body gets used to not having them, when I do use them on occasion I will put on weight:(

i've only started on thursday and am already half way through mine, due to a lunch with the girls and last nights comfort eating after a terrible day at work. i have a feeling i'm going to use them all this week as i'm going out tonight and will use them all on drinks. i'm not sure what other weeks will be like but i'm a student so tend to drink a little bit and i'm worried if i do fill my weekly points often then weight loss will slow

Normally I eat most of them and my weight loss has been consistent so far. On one occasion I ate all of them and last week I went over and had to break into my activity points.

My stats from my tracker say that I eat an average of 35.3pps a day (which would be 29 dailies plus 6.3 weeklies), use 41 of my weeklies and earn 12.6 activity points a week.

Last edited:
Sounds strange, but when I was on Discover, if I had a takeaway/restaurant meal and naughtily didn't point it, I would lose more than my average 1lb a week! But then again, I was losing 4lb every totm week so I think I have a weird body..

Honestly though, if they were going to damage your weightloss, I'm sure WW wouldn't let you have them "as and when" and they'd be incorporated into your daily allowance.

C x

ahh that's okay then. i felt kind of bad for using them as if i was cheating but they wouldn't be there if they were bad so i will use them guilt free i think.

I eat pretty much all of mine every week, and have good losses. The only thing I have to watch, especially as I tend to eat a lot of mine at once, is that I eat them nearer the beginning of the week rather than close to my weigh in :)

First week not using all weekly points:eek:

I started PP in November, and up until now I have used all weekly points(sometimes a little more). This week I have 10 points left of my weeklies. Now! Im not sure wether I should use them today or leave them. Im worried that it will affect my weight loss. I get weighed tomorrow so we will see.

i wouldn't worry. you don't have to use your weeklies, they're only there for if you 'need' them ;) xx

how did you get on??this is my first week of using hardly any of mine,,i usually use up to 35 per week but have only used 10 this week,,hoping it will show on the scales tomorrow:)

First week i didnt use any of my weeklies and cos being first week i thought oh yes i great weight loss to only lose 2lbs

Second week i used 15 of my weeklies and only lost 0.5lbs

and third week i was off plan and lost 0.5lbs again.

This week im only having my daily and if i really need then dip into my weeklies, but i dont know if it does effect you if you use them of not as im confused totally :confused::confused:

Erm i wouldn't of used them, but only because of it being so close to your WI that by using up the 10 weeklies as well as all of your weeklies would have been too much extra food in your system the day before WI so would show on the scales etc, hope you got on ok anyway ! xx

how did your WI go luv? xx

I lost 1lb which is the same as I have lost for the last 2 weeks so no different from the other weeks. Got a meal at a chinese buffet this weekend so hoping I wont put weight on this week. Trying to save all my weekly points for the weekend.

1lb is ace! :) 1-2lbs a week is what WW recommend a nice healthy loss! enjoy the chinese

Weekly propoints?

I'm confused. I don't go to ww meetings as i have a social phobia.

I got a delux pro points pack off ebay & i keeping reading something about a weekly pro points allowence.

Does anyone know how i work this out? i'm allowed 32 points a day

Thanks

The pro points allowance allows you an extra 49 points per week which you can take as you like. If you're going out for dinner one night you can use them for that or you can allow yourself an extra 7 per day. You can't have 7 per day and then take 49 extra. They're there for you to use as an extra "life style treat". It really is up to you how you use them.
Hope this helps
good luck

So they are kinda just there if i need them but once they're gone they're gone?

Is 49 the same with everyone?

Thanks for the reply!

Your weekly allowance will be 49, everybody has the same. These are to be used as you choose. You can use all of them, or you can use none of them (they can't be carried over into the next week). You could use a number at once, or you could just have a few extra each day.

Different people have found that how many they use can affect their losses. I personally eat all of mine every week. If you just have a wee look around you will find a number of threads about how people use theirs.

Hope that helps

Back