Practice what you preach!

Indieflower

I have my mojo
Well it would seem I am good at giving advice, BUT not practicing it!

For no reason whatsoever I just dipped into the Nutella jar with a shovel!! God knows how many syns it was cos its 4 per tbsp :eek::eek:

Then I decided to have a toasted sandwich with ham and cheese! Ok, so I hadn't had my HEX B and only one of my HEX A's, but still...I was just being a pig!!

I now feel sick and wish I had it in me to be bulimic! (This is clearly a joke before I get a lecture! lol).

Don't worry guys, I don't need an inspirational talking too. I know what I've done and my rant here is my talking too.

I could kick myself cos I am aiming to get 3lb this week (not sure if achievable but I'll try my damnedest) to get my 3 stone award and then I do something like that.

Lesson learnt and very, very cross with myself! :rolleyes:

K xx

There is a secret nutella stealer in our house too!! But he is 7 and always leaves loads of evidence round his chops!

There is a secret nutella stealer in our house too!! But he is 7 and always leaves loads of evidence round his chops!

We've got one of them here too, same age. Maybe they come free with the jar? LOL

Indie - we all have those moments, I bet you can flex them syns and still achieve your loss :) think positive!

Don't beat yourself up about it! We all have a trigger food/drink that can be dangerous, I have it easy as I only have OH at home and he's doing the plan with me this time. I've stopped buying peanut butter (very spoonable, but it has to be crunchy!) and my real downfall cheese.I cut it into 1 oz pieces and put it in the freezer! Or just buy 2oz of something. (OK wines up there too) But you feel that your children aren't on the plan with you and shouldn't be deprived.

I am the same. I can tell people all day about the wonders of SW and how it works and how you never need to be hungry etc but if I get that chocolate craving there is no stopping me!

How were you feeling just before you ate it? What was you thinking? Were you tired, when maybe you needed to sleep instead of eat?

I ask this, as I did simular last night, and know the reason why. I was very tired and needed to go bed, but had to wait un til baby was ready for sleep.

Tiredness is a BIG trigger for not, not the food its self. xx

Thanks all! You're all entirely right though, I won't beat myself up too much, Ill flex the syns.

I don't think there was any reason other than I had an overwhelming craving! I was thinking about this as I went to sleep last night......I'm always going to be a fat person! Not in the body sense, mentally that is.

Do you think we are like alcoholics in the sense that we willl always struggle with it and have to fight against craves? Just a thought :)

K xx

Reactions: Taz
Yes I think we will always have to keep a check on what we are doing. I think every one of us would find it too easy to slip back into old habits. If and when i get to target I intend to keep going to SW every week as I know it will keep me on track just like it is now. maintenence can be harder than losing it!

I totally understand, I stuffed myself with thorntons and buffet food yesterday (even though I had a lovely salad and spanish omlette waiting for me in the fridge)- why I don't know, I'm only harming my chances of losing weight this week, Ive got to be sooooo unbelievably good now this week just to get a STS on Friday - madness!!

I think that we have to keep it real though. Look at the bigger picture, does a gain one week mean you aren't going to get to goal? No. As long as you have more good than bad you are ok. Sometimes you have to have a bit of a munch out and the more you try to fight against it the more likely you are to end the battle with a bigger blow out.

A trick I sometimes use is, when I fancy something naughty I will get it from the cupboard/buy it from the shop, then Place it somewhere nearby and say to myself that I can have it in half an hour if I still want it. If I REALLY want it then I will have it at the set time. If it was just a passing whim then in half an hour I will have got over it and it will be returned to the cupboard for a later date, no harm done

I think that we have to keep it real though. Look at the bigger picture, does a gain one week mean you aren't going to get to goal? No. As long as you have more good than bad you are ok. Sometimes you have to have a bit of a munch out and the more you try to fight against it the more likely you are to end the battle with a bigger blow out.

A trick I sometimes use is, when I fancy something naughty I will get it from the cupboard/buy it from the shop, then Place it somewhere nearby and say to myself that I can have it in half an hour if I still want it. If I REALLY want it then I will have it at the set time. If it was just a passing whim then in half an hour I will have got over it and it will be returned to the cupboard for a later date, no harm done

Good idea will give that a go!!

I think I'll give that a go as well Taz! 9 times out of 10 I shoudl imagine I wouldn't have, thanks :)

I intend to keep going when I hit target as well. I think I need the control element of things.

K xx

i'm sorry indie but if i had nutella in the house it would be gone in a day some things are just too tempting lol but i did laugh at your shovel comment though. nutella is evil , i cant keep cheese in the house unless its baby bell and mayo is another i could just did anything harder than mayo in mayo it is my trigger food i just fall off the wagon when its around

i'm sorry indie but if i had nutella in the house it would be gone in a day some things are just too tempting lol but i did laugh at your shovel comment though. nutella is evil , i cant keep cheese in the house unless its baby bell and mayo is another i could just did anything harder than mayo in mayo it is my trigger food i just fall off the wagon when its around

Hun I really, really wish I didn't have these things in the house!! I'm afraid my daughter would be unhappy at the lack of it though :rolleyes: lol

I can't buy Brie either...I did it once and tried to have my 28 g and ate about 200g!! BIG MISTAKE! :wave_cry: Lol

xxx

Chin up Indie. Forget about what has been done (it was just a blip!), and concentrate on how good you will be for the rest of the week. Focus on the positive and remember times when you have felt really motivated and raring to go. :girlpower:

Do you think we are like alcoholics in the sense that we willl always struggle with it and have to fight against craves? Just a thought

I can only speak for me but my answer is definately - yes!

Sugar cravings can be awful for me, I once dipped into a tub of hot choc powder with a spoon to get a 'fix'. I was like some kinda crazy woman GIMME SHOOOGGAAAHHHH. Kinda thinga.

Was shameful. But made me realise I needed to have other kinda sugars in my diet instead like banana's and natural sugar like that and they seem to stave off the evil sugar demons, but occassionally they dont and my body just needs what it needs *star time is my worst* and then I manage by flexing, sometimes its the only option I have!

I have seen too many people return to group having hit target only to stop going then put loads back on again! I don't see the point, target members attend for free!

Back