Me, Myself & I... Lower carb, fasting, real live foods

I've been to the loo way to many times today.. Assuming it's the acupuncture I had yesterday ..

Have a non hormonal coil fitting tomorrow.. Never had one before., so hope it goes in ok and is not that uncomfortable., or painful. I've been advised to take some painkillers .. I have a wide choice in my cupboard lol thought the femimax might to ok for it.

Coil fitting went ok.. Was uncomfortable as expected. I Got the 10 year one, non hormonal and they said it should be ok until I hit menopause.. Let's see how it will effect my TOTM symptoms. I'm going to give it 6 months and I'm hoping that it will work for me!

I hope it works well for you, Tara. I'm going to the doc's next week as a follow up to some blood tests I had to see if I'm menopausal yet. I'm just on the mini pill now, and she said they recommend staying on it for a year after you hit menopause. Good fun, all this woman stuff, isn't it?! :) xx

Woman's stuff takes up so much time and stress.. Lol
So no real pain from the coil this morning, bit of a dull ache and a bit of spotting which should settle down soon.

Had more acupuncture today .. I had a forest of needles on my abdominal area lol. Stomach started gurgling straight away .., then I'm kneaded like a lump of bread dough .. Lol

40 mins elliptical trainer today too

Pilates this morning.. Lots of abdominal work today. Abdominal area is getting stronger very slowly..

my current GF Christmas cake recipe is so good, thought I would share :)

Take about 4kg or more .. of dried fruit add 0.5l apricot brandy, cherry brandy, sherry, dark rum, spiced rum.. So that's about 2.5l ., ok add a bit more ;). In a stainless steel pot/ bucket .. Put in a warm oven.. Overnight .. stir and repeat for a least a week.. Where else do you keep a bucket of spirited dried fruit .. Just be careful of the fumes when opening the oven door..

Next take a block of creamed coconut.. Melt in microwave (30sec + 30secs at a time) add coconut nectar sugar 1/2 cup, add 2 eggs beat hard.. Baking soda .. Sprinkle Mixed spice, cinnamon, nutmeg, pinch curry powder, vanilla extract.. Salt.. Add 3/4 cup dried fruit mix with a bit of the liquid .. Mix and taste for spices if needed add more spices .. Bake in 160-180 degree oven - bottom rack for 20-40 mins depending on how hot your oven is .. When the knife comes out clean .. Take out and wait a bit before eating.., hot food burns the mouth lol

1 week after non hormonal copper coil inserted.. Spotting has stopped and have no pain/aches etc happy with that. Was told to abstain from sex till today, because of where I was in my cycle when inserted. Which I would have done anyway as sex while bleeding/ spotting Is just yucky lol

I'm almost 8 weeks using iodine plus all the other supplements advised and a few others I think might help ;). Let's see what this months Totm brings ..

Period is due within next 5 days (or more?) I'm hoping more as I want my cycle to be longer than 24/25 days .. I used to be able to set mine by a date on the calendar.. 30-32 days in my cycle. It would be good to have more time between periods - I get about a week of no cravings then the cravings start a week before I'm due all over again.. 1 week bleeding/ 1week I'm ok/ 1 week cravings .. Repeat :( Really want this to have changed!

Had my doctors appointment about my scan results for the cyst., rescan as thought in 6/8 weeks ..

They are also going to scan again the bulge out my right side above my appendix scar .. Is mostly likely a incisional hernia .. Which was my theory..

I know I have one hernia near my belly button.. And this will be the second.. Tempted to do a tummy tuck and hernia repair.. All at the same time!!

This is the 2nd period/TOTM that has creeped up on me .. No cramps or anything to let me know it had arrived. Good thing I was expecting it lol
27 day cycle this month .. So again improvement over the 24 day cycle ive had from 7-2014 - 10-2015. So that's 2 months of a longer cycle.. (Thank you iodine) My tracker advised me that my Ave should now be 27 days .. Wahoo!

Was craving salt last night, very irritated/ moody this morning.. Retaining water too - weight is up by only 1kg - sometimes it can be 2-3kg overnight when my totm is due. Not as much bloating of my lower abdomen either .. All good so far :)

great to hear your experiments are working & moving your body forward:) happy new year!

Back