primal plum

Yes that is funny :)

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Hollandaise and poached eggs on bacon and carrot courgette pancakes this morning - yum! Going to try to make paleo meringues with the leftover egg whites, interesting to see how that works out!

That sounds amazing! Let us know how it goes! :D

Mmm! mr plum was feeling ambitious so we had paleo sushi for 'lunch' (breakfast was really lunch today, we just wanted something small in the afternoon to keep us until dinner). Used the recipe from Well Fed which spreads avocado on the nori instead of rice - the prawn and mango variety was to die for!

Next time, though, we're going to use two avocados instead of one. The sushi was hard to roll and then I remembered that American avocados are at least 50% bigger than the ones we buy!

Edit: smoked haddock chowder for dinner, with a few new potatoes included to provide energy for my workout tomorrow. Yum!

Last edited:
That sounds amazing! Let us know how it goes! :D

The fake eggs benedict was really yummy - homemade hollandaise is so much nicer than storebought and turned out to be really easy to make in the blender.

Meringues in progress, I'll report back!

Too amazing! I normally have no problem stopping after a small treat but these are incredibly moreish...

http://www.againstallgrain.com/2012/03/02/meringue-madness-meringue-cookies-3-ways/

We did vanilla-coconut (went a bit strange, honey all separated out) and chocolate-hazelnut (divine) with 3 egg whites but still 1/2 cup of honey... Which was still a bit too sweet for me! This made about 3 dozen small cookies.

Gave into my lasagne craving tonight! Made a primal lasagne with cheese on top, using paleo crepes for noodles and layers of meat sauce and sauteed courgette/onion/mushroom/garlic mixture. Had this with roasted broccoli and grated carrot salad, really tasty!

WOW they look amazing!!! May make them at weekend for a treat!!!

Hoping I get Aubergine in my veg boz this week then i can make lasagne!!!

X

Middle Eastern food tonight, turkey/spinach burgers with yoghurt sauce and roasted butternut squash with tahini sauce. I do love tahini!

Found some pork scratchings to try, I had to hunt for ones without wheat. Have to say I'm a bit nervous to try them as I've heard of bags having hairs in them (Ick - anything like that creeps me right out) but this brand is not meant to suffer from this so we'll see. When I get the nerve up to try them that is. ;)

Last night delicious turkey meatballs and squash with tahini again (from the 'Jerusalem' cookbook) and tonight Thai curry again... just seems that sort of weather!

Have to admit I was a little disappointed that mr plum ate the rest of the meatballs for lunch today as I was rather hoping to have had them for my lunch tomorrow! :D But only a little as he was the one who made them, bless him. :D Will try taking curry in my food flask tomorrow instead. :)

Found some pork scratchings to try, I had to hunt for ones without wheat. Have to say I'm a bit nervous to try them as I've heard of bags having hairs in them (Ick - anything like that creeps me right out) but this brand is not meant to suffer from this so we'll see. When I get the nerve up to try them that is. ;)

Oh - I adore pork scratchings but have not eaten them in years. Must try and pick some up - had never thought of them as a snack.

Oh - I adore pork scratchings but have not eaten them in years. Must try and pick some up - had never thought of them as a snack.

Have to admit I'm going to get mr plum to peek in the packet first to scout for hairs. I can't explain it; I just have a true horror of them! :eek:

The pork scratchings were not hairy but I'm not a huge fan! Oh well, I tried.

Had really tasty Chinese 5-spice pork in lettuce wraps for lunch, yum! Got some experimental herbal tea gelatine cubes chilling and have just eaten the last of the slightly naughty mrs crimbles gluten-free macaroons, so the temptation is gone now, lol. :)

I've just made nigella's chocolate olive oil cake again but with honey instead of sugar .. Hope it tastes ok lol have family coming tomorrow .. If not will have to make again with sugar lol ;) it looks good tho

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Mmm... I'm saving that one to try on a special occasion as I know I'll just want to eat it all up! Hope the honey works well. :) have you ever tried coconut sugar? Think it's meant to be healthier than the regular kind altho can't remember why anymore, lol!

Back