Psyllium husks

yay :) will be stocking up on them, anything to stop this darn hunger thats come back xxx

My problem is that its not hunger it's just force of habit!! I get the odd hunger rumble but its not like feed me or im going to die hunger! its just out of habit the slightest twinge and ooo the belly needs fed! fed it!! really annoying!! the porridge does help me last longer tho!! fills me up just fine!

Mind you i got to start the bars this week as i ve been on CD before and my weights not shifting going by my scales!!! i just want 3.5 lbs off this week something about seeing a 10lb loss is exciting me!!

I will get there slowly but surely!!

Anyway!! hope you enjoy the husks when you get them!!

Cx

Just tried them and quite liked them! I reckon they wouold be most palatable in soups - is that allowed? x

I think you can have one of your shakes/soup with added husks aslong as you dont do it in everyone........not that i think it would have affect on any of the CD shakes but i think too much of the stuff could possibly bung you up!!

Glad you like them tho!! nice added bonus i think!! :D change of texture!

Cx

Cheers! I am just looking forward to actually going to the toilet!! (soz if TMI! Lol!) x

isn't it weird!! looking forward to a trip to the toilet !! haha!!! :giggle:

we all think the same on here so its never TMI!! lol!!

Cx

just finished my vanilla porridge with husks. I really enjoy it!! It certainly helps with the loo too. no more ducolax for me. Yeah!!! LOL

God help us. Who would have thought that one day the highlight of our lives would be having a poo? x

Two questions regarding the husks as I'm thinking of trying them - firstly will they/could they slow weightloss? and also if I don't like them in shakes as 'porridge' can they be drank just in water on its own kinda thing?

Thanks in advance x

Thank you thank you thank you for this thread!!! All the time I have been doing cambridge I have really suffered from hunger..... I'm one of the rare people that ketosis has hardly any effect on... anyway... for the 1st time after having the husks in a choc shake I actually feel full.... and feel very positive about getting this last couple of stones off. I've read about them before but never got round to buying them.... but this time I did and so glad of it.... thanks again....

Jules xx

p.s alexsmummy... it says on the tub you can drink it just in water x

I just tried them in leek and potato soup and it was great! Tasted just like thick soup! Had some yesterday in a shake, which was ok..
Just waiting for the end result now..if you know what I mean..lol! x

yes i know what you mean!!! lol!!

I cant stand the soup so i'll not be trying it in them.....but i do like it as the porridge or just in a cold shake!

your doing fab on your journey! great weight losses!!! are you ssing or ss+ing??

Cx

yes i know what you mean!!! lol!!

your doing fab on your journey! great weight losses!!! are you ssing or ss+ing??

Cx

I am SS+ing mostly, but have had some days without the extra meal - my CDC says this is fine!
I am really pleased with where I am up to so far - just know I need to ramp up the exercise!

Never dreamt I would stick to this diet! I am amazed! x

grrrr i tried them tonight in the toffee and walnut shake and i got greedy and and added 3 TEASPOONS :O and omg it was terrible could only eat about half :( do you use the blenders with yours because i did?? bf also didnt like them in his soup but he didnt blend it hmmm another try is in order tommoro possibly lol!

Morning,

No i dont use a blender with mine......... i add in the husks spoon at a time and i use a hand whisk., just giving it a good stir.

Cx

I am pleased to report that the psyllium husks have worked!! Lol! At last! x

woohoo!!! lol!! :D

im hoping for a movement before weigh in tomorrow!! Itmight drop a couple more ounces on the scales haha!!! TMI!!! lol!!

LOL! After a week of not going, there must be at least 2lbs in there! x

Back