Psyllium husks

I've been floating around this site for the past six weeks, and I've seen it recommended a few times, and never heard anyone say not... so I'm guessing it's a

YES!!!

s.. I went out looking for it.. chemists said whole food shop.. Holland and Barrat only had it in powder form (which defeats the object, cause I've got nearly a whole tub of fibre69 or whatever its called, in the cupboard anyway...).. so I gave up! Sounds fab though! Please correct me, anyone, if you've heard otherwise...

Vxx

Off to Holland and Barrett in the morning to get some, can't wait to make a nice thick strawberry shake. Mmmmm.....

..where can I get this?

H&B only sell capsules or fine powder.. they say that it is possible to get it in other forms, but couldn't say where???

ive found a shop on ebay that sells them thats where im going to get mine from on payday..(yes i really am THAT poor atm) lol ill post a link in a bit just need to pop out

Have I bought the wrong thing? I got some it H&B but it is powder I think?? x

i looked in holland and barret and could only find the powder with stuff added to it and that isnt allowd, check the ingerdients?

The ones I use are a big tub from Holland and Barratt called Colon Care.. its pure husks with nothing added. Was about £11.99 for a MASSIVE tub!

That's what I got crazylilblonde! Be gutted if it's the wrong stuff! x

OMG decided to try the chocolate shake and make it to a porridge consistency, it was awful (but I drank it anyway), I didn't think it was porridge consistency at all, more slimy like wallpaper paste, the next day decided to try it as a thick shake, but it still had the consistency of thinner wallpaper paste... definately wont be trying that again, much prefer my normal shake.

OMG decided to try the chocolate shake and make it to a porridge consistency, it was awful (but I drank it anyway), I didn't think it was porridge consistency at all, more slimy like wallpaper paste, the next day decided to try it as a thick shake, but it still had the consistency of thinner wallpaper paste... definately wont be trying that again, much prefer my normal shake.
This is what happens when I try it too :(

You are adding TOOO much water, i have been enjoying a thick porridge every day since I got those husks and I go to the toilet daily hoorah. I just simply put my shake in a bowl add my 2 teaspoons of husks get a wisk and add enough water to make a loose pancake like mixture then stir until is nice and thick if too thick add some more water, you deffo dont need as much water as it says on the packet. I will shoot a video of this tomorrow cos I already had mine today and will post it. M xx

Well done on your weightloss Monica, I have been waiting to find out how much you lost in your first week....

Well done on your weightloss Monica, I have been waiting to find out how much you lost in your first week....
Thank you Linda yeah I was really chuffed to bits, although I am finding it easy i am aprehensive on just how I will manage the maintanance bit :eek: but I guess I will cross that bridge whne I ll get to it , I am miles away for now.
How did you managed on your SS+ week?

leaving the fat suit the link i posted, is that stuff ok?

Kate they look just like mine do so they should be alright:)

Any one take the capsules - i have 2 x ready made shakes and 1 bar a day so don't want to thicken anything up etc but i do need help in the toilet department to help get things moving as i think that was the problem which lead to the bleeding when i had to stop the diet ! - so hoping if i take the capsules every day it might help ?

Back