Question for the long-termers: Plateaus?

Pinksparklybirdy

Hi All

I've been doing S&S for 4 months now, and up till now my losses have been good (see my signature). However, I am now completely stuck at 18 stone 2lbs and the scales aren't really budging. I have been tracking everything that goes in my mouth over the past 3 days, as I'd let a few extras sneak in, so I've cut those out and I've been tracking at approx 750 cals and 48 - 50g carbs per day but still no sign of the scales budging even a single ounce!

Today I'm drinking water like it's going out of fashion, and have been for a quick walk at lunchtime to see if that does any good, but I just wondered if plateau's are possible on VLCD's, and if so, have any of you ever experienced one and how did you break it?

So disheartening, particularly as I'm so close to the next stone barrier!

Pinksparklybirdy said:
Hi All

I've been doing S&S for 4 months now, and up till now my losses have been good (see my signature). However, I am now completely stuck at 18 stone 2lbs and the scales aren't really budging. I have been tracking everything that goes in my mouth over the past 3 days, as I'd let a few extras sneak in, so I've cut those out and I've been tracking at approx 750 cals and 48 - 50g carbs per day but still no sign of the scales budging even a single ounce!

Today I'm drinking water like it's going out of fashion, and have been for a quick walk at lunchtime to see if that does any good, but I just wondered if plateau's are possible on VLCD's, and if so, have any of you ever experienced one and how did you break it?

So disheartening, particularly as I'm so close to the next stone barrier!

Can you give us your food diary for a few days? Are you doing 3 packs or 4 packs? Are you doing lots of exercise? Has this changed recently? What are you drinking? How much are you drinking? Is it your TOTM? How long has the plateau lasted?

Give us a bit more info and we might be able to help. To add to the questions above, what did you eat on break week?

Back