Quins; back to the plan.

IMG_3311.JPG
@BrokenMirrors thanks for popping in Laura. I'd love to cook for you! I do enjoy it. I've been really busy last few days so have reverted back to very quick old school SW stuff.

Monday
B. Overnight oats

L. Tesco meat free style burgers 2 syns , home made kitcheri ( spicy rice and lentils )

Banana

D. An take in Ikea Swedish meatballs and mash, was tasty , needs a couple of tweaks to make it look better.
Quorn Swedish meet balls, morrisons instant potato (1 syn butter) peas. Cooked meatballs with onions in fry light, added some water to stop sticking then a chicken stick cube , loads of black pepper and then mixed in low fat yoghurt. Was lovely.

Muller light yoghurt.

Last edited:
Thursday
Stressful dealing with buyers solicitor for house move...,

B. Bran flakes muller light yoghurt frozen berries and chopped banana

L. Another old skool dish, instant smash made with water, 1 syn for butter, 2 meat free burgers 2 syns, curried mushy peas , salad

D. Chicken and lentil slow cooker curry.

Had a couple of beers after work. Hoping my syn count over the week limits the damage.

Attachments

• IMG_3319.JPG
    IMG_3319.JPG
    781 KB · Views: 6
  • IMG_3321.JPG
    IMG_3321.JPG
    1.8 MB · Views: 6
Ah sometimes it's worth putting syns aside and having a drink on a stressful day. After all, stress apparently inhibits weight loss so having a drink and unwinding may have in fact been beneficial... :D

IMG_3328.JPG
IMG_3331.JPG
@BrokenMirrors , thanks Laura, I like that!

Friday

B. Branflakes hexb , muller light, frozen berries and chopped banana

L. Old skool again , instant mash 1 syn butter, quorn balls , salad 2 syns for mayo light and BBQ sauce.

D. SW chicken tikka masala on a jacket spud , salad and mint raita no fat yoghurt.

Snacked on ww yoghurt, 2 pretzels 4 syns.some chicken breast.

About 7-8 syns today.

Well blow me, 1lb loss! It's taken 3 weigh ins...., but, that's 5lbs for the August challenge. I've never had a big first week loss then practically nothing, have to heed my own advice that it's better to view the results over a month rather than weekly, you get a better bigger picture. 13'1. Next milestone is into the 12s then 12'10 ( my old maintaining target). Not far off and considering the stress I'm Under with house move and other things I'm chuffed.

Saturday
B. Fry light baked new potatoes , seasoned with spicy paprika and season all, poached egg , beans LMc red onion Rosemary sausages.

L. Sweet potato , roasted BNS , lentil onion soup . 2 bowls , it was yummy, even in a baking hot day . Made in slow cooker while we loaded up t
He horse box with loads of stuff for moving.

D. Quorn stir fry , tonnes of speed veg. 1 sysn for coconut oil shared between 3 as was 2 syns worth of blue dragon Blackbeard sauce and 4 syns for Maylfower curry sauce. All with noodles.

4 sysn for peanut butter. 1.5 syns for options shared with Mrs in quark with frozen berries.

12.5 syns. Not bad for a Saturday having sweated buckets all day loading and unloading 2 full horse box loads.
image.jpeg

You should have a few beers every week, thought you where going to stay the same forever haha. Congrats on the loss!

Are you making sure to take your full HEXA? I doubt you're having your bran flakes dry but are you making sure to use the correct measurements of milk? :p

@Trefoil eeeeeeeeh! So good to hear from you Ruth! Xxx . Hope all is good with you, you've been sorely missed!
It went v quiet on here, a few of us dipped out for a bit. I'm back on it, only a few pounds to lose post a long trip to Oz... it'll soon be off , although my losses have slowed down, probably due to lack of cycling big miles while we move, stressful enough though.

Are you just popping by or keeping a diary, either way it's great to here from you.

Quins

@Trefoil eeeeeeeeh! So good to hear from you Ruth! Xxx . Hope all is good with you, you've been sorely missed!
It went v quiet on here, a few of us dipped out for a bit. I'm back on it, only a few pounds to lose post a long trip to Oz... it'll soon be off , although my losses have slowed down, probably due to lack of cycling big miles while we move, stressful enough though.

Are you just popping by or keeping a diary, either way it's great to here from you.

Quins

Hello @Quins it's been lovely to read your fab diary I am going to plod away with mine it makes for some useful reading as to how I was successful before! Wow Oz that sounds amazing I'm sure you'll have the most wonderful time!

Yes it does seem very quiet I hope that it picks back up! I'm sure it will. Hope that the move has/is going ok and that you're having a good Day!

Ruth
x

Wednesday Thursday and today Friday

Intense moving operation. Desperately trying to clear out Farm House, Lodge, stables , the life belongings a quarter of a century and 3 generations.... into a bungalow and old caravan pluscoyt buildings.

Been trying to keep on track where I can but succumbing to others needs as well.

Enjoyed cud and chips, made a choice last night to have chicken in black bean sauce with boiled rice while the rest had passanda and korma... breakfasts have been dry bran flakes, small wm toast, lunch has been left over chili or chicken.

Complete on the move today. Really sinking in how up in the air we will be. No heating, gas in caravan yet, no weighing scales, no idea where cooking utensils are yet..,,,, it will evolve in time.

Friday night post leaving our old home...

Mum let us use the kitchen in the bungalow, cooked SW spag carbonara. Washed down with some gorgeous red wine, followed by cheese, biscuits and port. We deserved it!

Saturday
B. 2 fry light eggs on normal toast. Haven't done a shop as we have nowhere to put it yet... Fridge freezer us in one if the pig stys, the internal shelving has cooks sped in transit...

L. While I was still moving stuff from the trailer to various barns or burning rubbish my dad offered to make me a beef sandwich. It was 2 slices of sift white bread, loads of spread and a slice of lean beef, I'm sure that even during the war they might of had a tomato in it? I took it back to the caravan and tore if some crispy lettuce and sliced a tomato, it was gorgeous .

D. Got a rusty camping 2 ring gas stove working and cooked turkey mince curry with onions, fennel seeds, cumin seeds, corriander cumins turmetuc powder, diced fresh ginger 4 cloves garlic all finely chopped, tomato paste, chicken stick cube, 2 syns Lucy bee coconut oil. Well p,eased with the result, enough for 4 people. Shared a nan, 2 popodums, pre cooked tasted oily, home made yoghurt and mint sauce.

Piece of cake and cuppa pre 33 Mile bike ride for sanity.

IMG_3421.JPG
IMG_3453.JPG
IMG_3456.JPG
IMG_3458.JPG
Worked like dogs again on Sunday, moving cr@p around trying make space in the caravan, mowing and shifting 30 bales of straw and hay.

B.,Heck paprika sausages and poached eggs beans

L. Actifry fry light chips

D. Then it went all off plan with a lovely roast leg of lamb dinner cooked in the bungalow, washed down with beers wine peanuts , apple pie and custard.

Monday

A bit stressful, couldn't get out of our Farm, gates were all picked , we haven't got our own keys...had to wake D1 up so that we could get out and drive to the station for work

B. Nothing prepared , ended up having peanut butter on toast - bad start

L. Left over turkey thigh mince keena curry and rice with cucumber red onion and cherry toms

D. SW chicken tikka masala with extra okra and spinach on jacket potato

2 left over popdums.

Not v happy with today.

Monday

A bit stressful, couldn't get out of our Farm, gates were all picked , we haven't got our own keys...had to wake D1 up so that we could get out and drive to the station for work

B. Nothing prepared , ended up having peanut butter on toast - bad start

L. Left over turkey thigh mince keena curry and rice with cucumber red onion and cherry toms

D. SW chicken tikka masala with extra okra and spinach on jacket potato

2 left over popdums.

Not v happy with today.

Hello @Quins well food looks lovely, bad luck about the gate etc but I don't think you have done too badly at all. I hope that things get better for you!

Ruth
X

Back