Quins; back to the plan.

Been away again,

2 lb gain , 13' 2 ,

Back on plan tomorrow.

Yep, had a good time, back to keeping on the plan.

Green

B. sw Spanish omelette and beans

L. 3 left over roast spuds

D. Morrison's meat free mince made into a shepherds pie type thing, was lovely. Made with loads of diced carrots swede onions and some cauliflower , rich beef stock and tin of chopped toms. Mixed herbs, about 2 syns for mince?

Snack on small portion left over Quorn lamb strip curry., with mango and lime pickle, 5 syns.

About 7 or 8 syns.

liyah108 said:
can you use tinned potatoe to make spanish omlette

Sure, it would not be a problem using tinned spuds. Top tip is cook the omelette really slow on a low heat so that you don't burn the bottom it. It is really nice, I sometimes pop it in a whole meal hex b pita bread , co op one. I will use 3 eggs for 2 people for a Spanish omelette , onions, peppers sometimes, otherwise just eggs and spuds and seasoning like the ones you get in acrid, deep and rich. Yum.

Green

B. mushroom omelette , one egg in co op wm pita hex b

L. Quorn lamb curry left over with mushy peas, some pickle 2 syns

Snack 2 wm ww Danish synned, 6.5 syns a slice ? thats a lot , 13 syns laughing cow and tomatoe toastie

Muller lite Greek style yoghurt 1/2 syn, banana

D. Morrisons meat free mince turned into spicy by adding pataks madras paste 3 syns and 3 syns fir lie pickle

Hex b chicken leg.

21.5 syns?

Last edited:
Green.

Wed 31 oct

B. fresh air, planned to eat at work, got caught up in meetings...

L. Morrisons meat free mince , spicy, mushy peas, turned into a shepherds pie using instant mash, , 2 syns for brown sauce, 1 syn for the mince.
Yoghurt .5 syn muller lite Greek style, banana
D. Spaghetti , made sauce with passata , onion in fry lite and a fresh green chili, and a hex a of Phili lite.

Snacked on ice cream! 10 syns.

About 13- 15 syns

Thursday 1 st November

Red

B. wafer lean ham in omelette cooked in micro at work

L. Delicious spicy liver and wafer thin ham casserole, loads of chopped carrots, swede, onion, cooked in passata, rich dark knorr stock, chili , celery. 7 oz of jacket spud.

D. Ground hog day, same as lunch but delicious.

Snacked on home cooked ham and some left over sw wedges, 8 syns? Muller lite yoghurt mint choc at work and an activa no fat at home.

About 10 syns.

Friday 3 rd November

Red

B. eggs scrambled with chilis, tomatoes, mushrooms, lean ham ,6 ryvita whole grain cracker breads hex b

L. Left over liver casserole , tiny portion .

D. Chili con carne, deffo some syns , madeitbwithnjust lean steak mince and a Schwartz packet , was in the freezer and needed using... Will charge 10 syns to cover it.

Snacks, banana, activa yoghurt and later a small ramekin of total no fat Greek yoghurt withs tea spoon if strawberry jam, 2 or 3 syns?

13 syns in total.

Best of all back in range at 12'13, 3 lb loss this week..

Sat 4 th November

Off plan ish.... Up at 0530 to trek to Northampton to look at the uni with no.1 , throwing me well off

Intended to go green

B. tin of spaghetti, hot, cos t was bloody freezing!

Got to uni, cold and quite hungry, couldnt resist getting my daughter a breakfast roll and coffee for £2. , she ad 3 rashers of bacon in a roll with a hash brown in it!
She made me, honest, have sausages in a roll. Thoroughly enjoyed it, with brown sauce, a bargain to boot.

L. Having trapped around both campus sites, and had my eye on jacket and beans, was miffed to find they were out of jacket spuds, settled for their pasta and rocket. Pasta was deffo syn worthy could taste the oil and pesto. No1 had sweet potato soup and plate of chips, she made me share them honest !

D. Home made , sw style darks Hal and rice lovely. Banana, yoghurt

Syn city!

Sunday 5th November

About a year since joining this forum, It's been brilliant. Weighed again his morning, still 12'13' within range,

Took a look at a 2010sw mag and followed a plan for EE day. Took dog for training in fields, mile walk at least.

B. baked bean frittata thing with half a large baked tomato

L. Cross country coaching no.3, it was tough,, yoghurt and banana before run , managed lunch at about 4 pm
Sw mackerel pâté, 3 ryvita whole grain, gherkins ad silver skin onions, celery stick

D. Sw roast chicken, roast veg, swede spuds, carrots. Broccoli and brussels

Syn for gravy 2, syn for piece of stuffing 5,

Grapes, pink grapefruit activa yoghurt.

Mummyof2boys29 and suzyflo, thanks for your condolences, it's been a very emotional time. Something that I didn't think I would react so badly to. Miss the little fella terribly, wasn't my dog, he was my eldest daughters. However, we all had a relationship with him! We bought him for her when she passed her 11 plus 8 years ago or so. The raw emotion and grief it caused on my girls and wife has been immense. I managed to hold it back a bit, not totally, but got him to the vet with my daughter , got her home, she wanted to bury him at home, she brought him homein a box with his blanket over him, we all kissed him, the vet had positioned him exactly as he used to sleep with head n his front paws all tucked up. We buried him in a good spot. My mum and dad fell apart as did my girls and mrs. I shovelled the earth on him and then we all took a turn. He was such a character. Not a day of or lives went by without his interaction, from the second of waking to going to bed. A real companion in the house and on the farm. I realised today that we lived in his house, not the other way round. He knew every inch, protected the house and us, even ate the big spiders for the girls. We've watched him kissing lambs, playing as if he was one of our pigs... A very gentle Jack but still had the terrier in him to do his other jobs.

We've discussed the pain and cannot understand why it is so painful, he was a companion but a dog after all. I suppose we have lost a family member but I keep thinking of the poor Spence family, losing Nevin , his brother , his father and nearly his sister too. Unbearable loss. And to think that devastation was started by their dad trying to save their dog from the slurry pit.

It's helped writing this, I've taken Harley out for training and missed the company of the little fella. I named him too, Quin, he was the fith pup of the litter and it really suited him and my passion for Harlequins rugby club. Then we got my sons Springer, just had to name him Harley! Harley and Quin, pukka.

Thanks again.

Aww that post had me in tears!! You must be so upset its a huge loss losing a pet especially a dog as they are true companions especially when they pass in such an unfair way!'

I hope you can all come to terms with your loss soon. Do you think you would get another dog or is it too painful?

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Mummyof2boys29 said:
Aww that post had me in tears!! You must be so upset its a huge loss losing a pet especially a dog as they are true companions especially when they pass in such an unfair way!'

I hope you can all come to terms with your loss soon. Do you think you would get another dog or is it too painful?

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Thanks mummyof2boys29 , it was a tough weekend, doing the usual things but with one dog. My Spaniel knew that the little fella wasn't about, he searched every room and then took to his bed with a flop. He is missing the boss and play mate. We have discussed getting another Jack, our hearts say yes but we all know we would only be trying to replace Quin. Not the right time, perhaps in the spring. Even then my eldest will hopefully be going to uni in the September...... She needs to learn to drive and nail er A levels without distraction, horses are enough.

The photos were seen recently, Quin used to ill the oven glove off the oven door a doggy electric blanket equivalent. The photo of me on the action with both dogs, just about to take Harley for his training, 2 days before we lost Quin. Thanks for listening.

Attachments

• image-2839241342.jpg
    image-2839241342.jpg
    384.1 KB · Views: 44
  • image-1116084300.jpg
    image-1116084300.jpg
    343.9 KB · Views: 42
  • image-3057409809.jpg
    image-3057409809.jpg
    675.4 KB · Views: 39
  • image-178499735.jpg
    image-178499735.jpg
    688.4 KB · Views: 41
What a cute dog Quin was, and Harley looks cute too and, might I add, you are looking very slim! Keep up the good work :)

We had a Jack Russell many years ago when I still lived at home with my parents, Emma, she was a funny little dog, went a bit senile in her old age, she once took some yorkshire puddings into her basket and became very protective of them...wouldn't let anyone go near them!

Hi suzyflo, Jacks are such characters. We thought we would have Quin into his load age and fully expected that he would get old , infirm and senile etc. A friend brought her Jack butch round yesterday and it livened Harley up no end apparently. They played all the time. Harley licked her face so much that she looked like she had been wet washed , he cried when she had gone.

Green

Stayed the same last weekend, 12'13

B. magic porridge with frozen berries.. Porridge hex b 1 soaked overnight in muller lite yoghurt with frozen berries.

L. Wholesale spaghetti with Quorn mince bolognese sauce

D. Wm pitta hex b No 2 , stuffed with omelette, and salad .

Syns on salad cream, 2 syns, chicken strips 8 syns
10 sys

Back