Quins; back to the plan.

Green

B. 2 fry lite egg on beans and 2 ww wm toast

L. Tin spaghetti with low at soft cheese run through it, much less than hex a amount

D. Slow roast pork, hex b amount, syns for gravy 6 , half jacket spud, some mash, carrots greens, peas.

Apple banana activa yoghurt

Hot choc options Belgian 2 syns.

About 10 syns to be safe.

Feel so rough , got laryngitis .

Green

B. wm pitta egg omlette onion peppers

L. Mugshot sweet and sour

D . Chinese style noodle soup with hand full of peanuts crushed in, hot and lubricating on my throat. 5 syns for small amount if nuts?

Later felt v hungry for sweet things, ate a apple, couldn't sate it, activa yoghurt, nope, 1 chocolate 2 syns, 2 ryvita whole grain with smear of jam, How many syns?

Walked over a mile after horrendous commute to Londin by train (s).

34 miles walked and jogged , 1 today 35 done

Last edited:
Thanks Suz, feel v rough and absolutely no voice.

Green

B. sw rosti 2 Morrison meat free burgers beans 1 syn

L. Fry lite egg on 2 ww wm Danish and salad, syns for bread as not hex any more, bothered!

D. Morrisons meat free chicken pieces stir fried in veg , fry lite, boiled rice, garlic ginger soy sauce and Thai 7 spice

Snacks , ryvita whole grain cracker breads 6 with Phillip lite and gherkins , toms and cue, hex a and b. banana activa yoghurt

2 syns for options hot choc

Green

B. hex b 35 gm porridge water banana 2 t spoons ( 1 syn?) Belgian choc options , no truvia or Splenda in cupboards and I wanted comfort food for manflu

L. Left over meat fee chicken rice veg thing

D sw carbonara made with hex a of lo fat soft chees arlic herb, leeks, carrots, onion all finely sliced, 2 eggs beaten into tub of quark and poured over spaghetti. Everyone loved it, kids and mrs added grated cheddar to theirs.. I had seconds...

Apple and banna. Even measured out my milk allowance to see if I'm over he top, 350 skimmed was hard to use up , but I did best as it said to aggressively hydrate for laryngitis....

1 syn? Blimey.

Feeling a lot better but not there yet, everyone still saying I look rough, nice.

Red . Lean bacon some toms fry lite egg

L. Chinese chicken soup, shredded cabbage , carrots, onions 5 spec, cayenne, fresh ginger, chicken stock. Just what I needed, mrs Quin loved it. Hex b of ww petit pan

D. Lean steak mince chili on 8 oz jacket, 2 syns for chili , one for it being morrisons lean steak mince and the other fir the 2 t spoons of options that went in in , 500 gm packet of lean mince between 4. Hex b for jacket and hex a Phili lite gali herb

2 nd hex a was 350 skimmed milk that I couldn't get through, maybe I will change to semi.

Banana activa yoghurt

2 syns

Red

B. 2 morrisons meat free burgers , fry lite egg, toms, mushroom 1 syn

L. Shredded chicken , cabbage , carrot, leek Thai soup with hex b ww petit pan

D. 8 oz sw wedges skin on, 2 meat free burger again ( discovered that the gammon steaks were 4.5 syns each) mushroom, toms, egg, but of an all day breakfast theme going on..

Banana, options Belgian hot choc, 2 syns.

Milk 350 skimmed hex a
Hex a might have some cheese later
Hex b ww petit pan & 8oz wedges

so got to admire your determination, only wish I can stick with it too

so got to admire your determination, only wish I can stick with it too

Thanks missus72, I would normally write this sort of stuff in my training schedule or diary , I keep it going because I'm determined and I feel so much better. I can tell you that it's not easy and I have temptation everyday, mates at rugby and work who love a social . I am vey sociable and usually go with the flow otherwise I would be fighting all the time. However, I do have my own goals to achieve and I have to work at them to make them happen. This diary helps to keep me on track with the support of others on the forum. Susyflo keeps a regular eye on me and its great when someone pops in. The consequences are, I would not feel good about myself if I went back up over 13.5 stone ( even though I carry it ok) that makes me at dis ease with myself and it has further consequences on my health and general well being that also affects others. It's the leverage I get on myself, it works for me. Take a look at suzyflo's diary too.

Weighed in this morning, 2 lb off, 13'1, chuffed.

Pleased with 2 lb loss, but after today I feel 2 lb heavier! I went EE but it seemed more like green......

B. 2 meat free burgers, 1 syn, fry lite egg, tomatoes and mushrooms. I love this brekkie

L. Small amount of left over rice and meat fee chicken and veg pan Fried in fry lite with an egg, egg fried rice stylie, with salad

Banana, activa yoghurt

D. Home made lasagna, extra lean mince passata, onions, frozen spinach, v small diced carrots and swede ( more than a third veg) tin of toms. Made white sauce from tub of quark, Greek yoghurt, no fat from frais, a beaten egg, sweated leeks, black pepper, veg stock cube, grated Parmesan ( much less than a hex) salt and grated nutmeg. Layered up ragu , white sauce and pasta sheets, topped with a hex a 30 gm of cheddar and some more Parmesan between 5 with leftovers . Maximum of 1 syn for EE surely. I had 2 lots hence feeling heavy, 2 syns buy worth it.

Hot choc options 2 syns and 1 choc 2 syns

Total 7 syns?

Green

B. 2 wm ww Danish , whatever syns they are instead of hex b, 1 fry lite egg in spaghetti .

L. 2 pints of Guinness at rugby... Loads of syns.

D. Slow roast prk, hex b amount, jacket spud, carrots cauliflower broccoli and greens. 3 syns for gravy. And 5 syns for some crackling.

Belgian choc options 2 syns. Banana and activa yoghurt.

Thanks suzyflo, I'm sticking with it, I have my moments going off plot but then get back on track. This diary does help. So is the brown bread same as the wholemeal? Am I being daft?

Green

B. tin of spaghetti , in a hurry

L. Portion of homemade lasagna from Saturday that was free on EE, free today as using the extra lean mince as a hex b, even though probably wasn't enough... Plus a salad. 2 syns for jalapeño sauce , just a squeeze.

2 mini toblerone , how many syns?

Banana, snacked on a couple of small baked potatoes

D. Bubble and squeak made with leftover veg and roast spuds that mrs now tells me were not cooked in fry lite! Will charge 5 syns . Another syn for a squidge of brown sauce.

Tried to use up another hex A and B, managed 3 ryvita whole grain cracker bread things with some home made Phili no fat cheese, couldn't eat any more.

Probably about 10 or 12 syns

Happy with that.

Last edited:
I imagine the w/m would be the same as the brown, just that it's listed as brown in the book, also the book says 2 slices of w/m bread from a 400g loaf is a hexb, therefore w/w whole meal would be a hexb as would any other w/m bread, this is how bread appears in new handbook - 60g of any w/m bread, 60g w/m roll, 2 slices w/m bread (small 400g loaf), 1 slice Allinson w/m batch bread (800g sliced loaf), 2slices hovis nimble malted whole grain bread, 2slices hovis w/m bread (400g loaf), 1 slice hovis w/m bread (800g thick sliced loaf), 2 slices warburtons w/m (400g medium loaf), 1 slice warburtons w/m rye bread 800g thick sliced loaf) also in there free branded foods book the w/w brown as mentioned earlier and 1x 50g w/w petit pain, I haven't looked at any other brands but there's probably loads - hope you follow all that and hope it helps.

The tiny toblerones are 1.5 syns each.

I agree that minimins is a big help and I need to make more effort to keep updating than I have been lately, I don't want to fall off track :)

Sent from my iPad using MiniMins

34 mile done , 4 more walked , 38 total ( 500 completed last year)

Thanks suzyflo, very helpful , now I know where I sand with the bread.

Green

B. hex b porridge and water, truvia

L.Quorn mince curry , pataks madras paste, tin tomatoes , flageolet beans, onions , boiled rice , 2 syns for sauce and squidge of jalapeño sauce, salad.
Apple

D. Linda McCartney sausages 3 syns, smash, fried onions , mushy peas

Some lean pork hex b, some cheese, hex a

5 syns

38 done, 3 more miles today, 41 miles completed (500 miles last year)

Green

B . Hex b porridge, water, banana , truvia , mini dark choc toblerone melted in, wow! 1.5 syns

Snack mugshot before meetings all through lunch

L at 4 pm , starving, 2 tins spaghetti with a desert spoon of Phili lite garlic herbs

D. A bit of a pasta fest, but ... Boiled spaghetti with fry lite mushrooms and onions and the other desert spoon hex a of Phili lite

Activa yoghurt, Belgian choc options,2 syns half a rock cake, 5 syns, Hex b of lean pork leg 3 oz.

Syns 9.

41 miles , another 3 walked today , 44 miles total (500 miles last year)

Red.

B. 2 fry lite eggs, mushrooms and some cherry toms on 1 slice of ww danish wm toasted syns for bread? (2.5?)

L. Co op wm pitta ( from last year in freezer, hex b?) filled with tesco chicken tikka pieces (value) and salad

A welsh cake , 6 syns.

D. 8 oz of sw wedges skin on hex b,, chicken breast pan griddles in fry lite, mashed swede and carrots, Greek beans and cauliflower .

Activa yoghurt, Belgian options 2 syns

Syns 10.5

Last edited:
The mini toblerone was a gift from a visitor there's always sweets and biscuits around, I will deffo do that again, the choc was lovely. Your house purchase sounds fantastic, so exciting. Glad you opened that letter!

Had a bit of end of the week lack of focus today, I did make choices in the pub though....

B. 2 egg tortilla, chopped sw wedges, mushrooms and tin of beans

L. Smash, 2 tesco meat free burgers 1 syn, mushy peas and salad

Gin and slim line tonic x 4 at pub

D. Sw wedges, big salad, 2 more burgers and petit pois ( lazy, loads of rugby on the box, start of Rugby League Season and 6 nations U 20s, etc) 3 syns for ketchup and squidge if salad cream

Activa yoghurt and a pc of rock cake 5 syns

9 syns plus the g&ts

The mini toblerone was a gift from a visitor there's always sweets and biscuits around, I will deffo do that again, the choc was lovely. Your house purchase sounds fantastic, so exciting. Glad you opened that letter!

Might have to get some in, definitely worth using 1.5 syns on. I certainly was a good job about the letter! I expect there will be more of the same in the near future, there was a huge pile of post that I have got ready to 'return to sender' as the main letter box was sealed up they got posted into a kind of outhouse which has a bit of a leak after all the snow and rain - this resulted in them being all wet and soggy so I've dried them all on the radiator - I now have a lovely big pile of crispy letters to post! haha. :)

Oh and I almost forgot, well done on choosing gin and slimline at the pub, imagine what the synnage would have been if you'd opted to have pints of beer/lager!!

Last edited:
Back