Quins; back to the plan.

I'm beginning to understand how the physical attributes work for the riders too. I'm short and stocky ( I'd like to think like Cavendish, lol!) so the hills kills me, power to weight ratio going up hill not good ( Alps ? Doh! ). Did a 51 miler today and it felt like a stroll round the park. However, on a couple of the challenging climbs I was passed by 3 other riders. A young lady triathlete who must weigh about 45kg dripping wet, she just flew by me up hill. The others were just skinny, long things, skeleton like. But I did manage to come home in 3rd place today, even feeling quite fatigued from Wednesday's 122 miler. I can hold a high pace, usually longer than the skinnies, when we are on relatively flat roads.

I'm upping my intake of food/energy when I'm riding. More gels, proper breakfast ( which is a struggle sometimes).

Friday

Green

B. Bran flakes , porridge, crunchy nut milk handful of each

L. Tin spaghetti , cottage cheese, 3 Quorn sausages, ,drizzle olive oil, pepper sauce, brown sauce

D. Lmc red onion Rosemary sausages, French stick butter, saw chips, peas

3 pints lager, peanuts , snack some crisps .

Saturday

Snack pre ride , soft bake bar, coffee, milk

B, scrambled egg brown toast buttered, brown sauce

L. Slices lean topside beef, French stick

D to come.

So, it's been since May? Wow, no wonder I wandered off track, lost focus and have gone up to 13'7! What with a heavy run into Xmas , beers, liaison, curries....it's no wonder.

The focus is coming back, I'm exited to get back in control and get to the maintaining stage. I'm going to give myself a new target of 12'7. A stone to come off. Wishing everyone a happy and successful 2016.

Was doing very well, lost a coupe of pounds, did a sneaky peek. Then back to work and straight into a leaving party on Wednesday..... I feel completely bloated and fed up of undoing the good work. So it's back to the drawing board.

Tomorrow is another fresh start. The desire to lose the extra weight is coming back. I know the rewards of losing the weight outweigh the shirt term pleasure of over indulgence.

Forgive myself and give myself permission to start again.

Saturday

B. Pre bike ride White toast peanut butter 10 syns

50 tough miles, hilly

At coffee stop, scrambled eggs on toast , chai tea

Post ride , chicken thighs no skin , live of salmon fillet

Options hot chocolate 3 syns
Snack 1 piece thin white bread toasted and spread. 6 syns?

D. Quorn chicken pieces curry made with pataks hot paste. 3

Yoghurt no fat, with Splenda and banana, some morello cherries, 2 syns

A yoghurt and satsuma

A beetroot.

Last edited:
Monday

Red

B. 2 slices toast

L. Left over soup turned into curry sauce ( added curry powder) and made quorn chicken and spinach with fresh ginger curry. 2 microwaved plain popadums 4 Syns? Envy of the office again!

D. Chicken drumstick while waiting for delayed train! Some chicken when I got home, shared a pre cooked pork chop , half a v small jacket spud

1 hour turbo session in bike.

3 miles walked commuting.

January has been the opposite of dry January; work functions, welcome do, 50th birthday bash. Now February's here I can start again. I really would be happier losing the extra baggage.

I missed cycling for 10 days, did 41 miles last Saturday, the ride finishing in pitch black and very cold, feet like blocks of ice. I didn't even do my commute walking for 5 days. Hopefully the January blues are gone.

So here goes. A bit of focus and leverage over myself.

15 miles to add plus 3 today on top of the 6 total 24 miles walked to date.

Monday

B. Banana

L. Chicken thigh curry, 4 syns for sauce, small amount of white rice , curry packed with carrots swede and onions plus spinach.

D. Shepherds pie, swede carrot and potato topping, cabbage and peas, 3 syns.

Activia no fat yoghurt, satsumas. 7 syns

Hi HappyHolidays. Glad you're still around!
Still with the club, I started a new group for those that wanted a faster paced ride than the intermediates but not as pacey as the Fast Inters. The mileage generally comes down a bit in winter , we've had some very wet and windy days and a bit of ice. So some rides are done in one hit without a coffee stop, just to tick over, then add a bit of turbo training in during the week , keeps the mileage up. We've got 80 miler planned for Easter weekend and a 103mile sportive in April. So the mileage will gradually increase. I managed to get in over 120 miles over Xmas, was v pleased with that. Don't think I logged it in here though.

Wednesday

27 miles walked , 3 more , 30 miles total.

B. 2 egg omelette and 2 wm bread

L. Last of the chicken curry no rice 2 syns

D. Busy , snack time, hens laying we'll so scrambled eggs on 2 wm Danish, LMc red onion Rosemary sausage, bacon mushrooms.

Snacked on soft bake bar post turbo session and glass of milk , activists no fat yoghurt.

1 hour turbo 16 miles, sweated buckets again, feel v tired post that effort

Thursday
V pleased , weighed in a 13'3 bang on. I know I was 5lb heavier at the weekend, it drops off with a bit of focus.

Green
B. Eggs on toast

L. jacket spud beans

Beers at a function more syns than I can manage

V late D. SW pasta

Friday

Green
B. Eggs toast

L. Jacket spud beans

D. Left over SW pasta, SW chips, salad. Syns for sauce 4

Activists yoghurt and 10 syns for biscuit.

Back