Race for life

lardass

Silver Member
I hope this is ok with everyone here but i am doing the race for life in aid of cancer research this year and would like to ask if any of you would sponsor me.

Race for Life - Dawn's sponsorship

It is a 5k race and at the moment i can't run to save my life but i hope that this will give me the incentive to get fit (or fitter)

My grandad dies of cancer and mt stepdad has been through it so it a charity close to my heart.

Thanking you all in advance

P.s if this message needs moving to a different section please do.

I'll take that as a no then !!!

Morning Lardass,

Just caught up with this thread. I think that, because this site is so popular, it's only possible to dip into a small number of new threads at a session. I am aware that I must miss loads to good stuff, but, short of giving up my job to surf full-time, there's nothing I can do!

It caught my eye because three years ago I did this race and it is great fun. There are hundreds and hundreds of women of all ages, sizes and fitness. Some walk, some walk/jog, some run all the way. There are kids running alongside their mums, prams pushed, laughing and joking, and support everywhere.

You say you can't run - but you don't have to run, you can walk. It's a great incentive to train and get a bit fitter though, and see just how far you can run, on the day.

I can't do it this year because it is the same day as my holidays (same last year), but I am sponsoring two of my work colleagues and one neighbour, who are.

You'll have a great time Lardass,let me know how you get on.

AJ

Thanks i'm doing it with 8 friends some runners, some walkers so i should fit in somewhere. can't wait

Hi Lardass i was considering it as my dad died of cancer in 2005.i need to get a move on though, However i will sponsor you aswell. Good Luck

Hi Lardass i was considering it as my dad died of cancer in 2005.i need to get a move on though, However i will sponsor you aswell. Good Luck

Thanks, i got my pack today and in there you get a number to pin on and you get a blank one to write for who or why you are doing it, and apparently some of them are really moving to read on the day (better pack some tissues, bit of a softie) if you did it you could dedicate it to your dad.

xx

Hia Lardass, guess what, I am running in the Race for Life. We were discussing it in work at lunchtime today. A couple of colleagues were saying that it would take place in June and I said that I'd thought it was July (which I can't do). They seemed to think it was June so were looking for other people interested in joining them. I said "yes, count me in!"

One of my colleagues has just last week been diagnosed with breast cancer - a terrible shock for her, and us too. She is having treatment next week... we are all rooting for her.

Hia Lardass, guess what, I am running in the Race for Life. We were discussing it in work at lunchtime today. A couple of colleagues were saying that it would take place in June and I said that I'd thought it was July (which I can't do). They seemed to think it was June so were looking for other people interested in joining them. I said "yes, count me in!"

One of my colleagues has just last week been diagnosed with breast cancer - a terrible shock for her, and us too. She is having treatment next week... we are all rooting for her.

Well done you !!!

Hi Lardass,

My sister n law and I are running it too where are you doing the race? Its a scary prospect, I've never run anywhere willingly in my life!! HAving lost 9st on Cambridge last year I wanted to start doing all those things I haven't been able to. Will check out your sponsor page. Here's mine!!!
Race for Life - Can they do it? Or will the lycra chafe?
Love Louise x

Love Louise

Doing it at basildon and i'm the same never run anywhere if i can drive !!!!

We should all post afterwards our times and experiences.

Walked 5k yesterday took me 43.45 mins, i hope to get it down into the 30's

I'm doing Blackheath on 15th July........ have done it before and run it in 25mins, hoping to beat that time this year!

I know, I know, there are loads of people doing it, and we are all asking for your hard earned cash...
redface.gif

Seriously folks, its such a great cause, please dig deep and sponsor whoever you can that is doing this great event - wherever they are doing it!

For myself - there are a group of a dozen (so far!) ladies all running together in Carlisle this July.... I am a very persuasive group leader
biggrin.gif

Please, sponsor us Race for Life - Dieters Unite! Slim and walk for charity

Hi there all you fellow 'race for lifers'.I am doing Wigan on the 20th June with my old friend Sheila who was diagnosed with Breast cancer in August last year and is a true fighter recovering from surgery, chemo and radiotherapy. If she can do this then, I will not let the blubber stop me! I wondered if you coud tell me how I do with my sponsor page what you have done and posted a link. Not sure how to do it , bit of a techno phobe, this is the first and only forum Ive ever used too! Hope you dont think I am cheeky or stealing your donations,I would really appreciate your help as its all going to the same cause. Minimins Gals are great! (Oh and the fellas too! )
Love and Luck to you all
Carole

Hiya Heaven (not a Meatloaf fan by any chance? :rolleyes: :D )

when you 'reply to thread' there is a button you can click to 'insert link' (its the first picture one on the second line!!)

Just put the link that you had in your email from your sponsor page.... worked for me anyway!!!

hope that helps!

dig deep everyone! Every little helps...

Thanks Debbiemac,

I have done what you kindly suggested and heres hoping it worked!
Hi Everyone,

Just to let everyone know I will be partaking in

RACE FOR LIFE ON 20TH JUNE AT HAIGH HALL IN WIGAN !

Along with me and two others will be a very dear friend of ours who was diagnosed with breast cancer a few days before her 50th Birthday last August. She is a great fighter and has never spent one moment feeling sorry for herself or complaining in the last six months. She has undergone surgery, chemo and radiotherapy and remains strong and positive, and is truly inspirational. When I asked her if she wanted to join the race as a survivor , without any hesitation she said YES as long as I dont have to RUN! So we will be walking, which is quite a relief for me and my blubbery thighs that will be challenged quite enough with walking 5K thankyou.

I will be doing the event for her and my lovely brave sister
Viv who was also diagnosed with breast cancer recently and will be having a masectomy on 18th April. These are people I love and could not imagine for one moment my life without them in, so please help me and everyone else who is partaking in Race for Life to raise much needed funds for Cancer Research.

I know its asking a lot but if you would like to donate just follow the link to my sponsor page where can pledge on line direct to Cancer Research where every penny will go to help us beat this terrible disease and its devastating effects.

THANKYOU FROM THE VERY BOTTOM OF MY HEART
Heaven can wait Carole XXX

http://www.raceforlifesponsorme.org/sharrock

Is anyone doing any training or has a training plan they are going to start.

I must look one up as i dont seem to be able to do it myself.

Back