Rachel's Maintenance Diary

Hiya. Been following your refeed diary and its making my mouth water. I am now seriously considering investing in a slow cooker now. Sometimes I think the George Foreman can make chicken a bit dry. How long does it take to cook a chicken breast in a slow cooker? Well done on your loss by the way. You have done so well. x

Thanks glammam, bargain Slowcooker Ada Value range about £9 I think, although mine is eons old (used to be my mums!)On high a chicken breast takes about an hour and 40 to cook but the beauty is that you can leave the slowcooker on when you go out completely safely and it only uses the energy of a lightbulb. I do all sorts in it - casseroles,stews, bolognaise, chilli etc etc and you van get some great recipe books purely for slowcooking. I would highly recommend getting one!

To be honest today has been my hardest day in my LT journey so far I have found myself 'picking' (albeit mainly healthy things). One of the girls at work brought in the remainder of an easter egg (wont go into detail but was hotel chocolat and absolutely gorgeous!) Only had a very small piece compared to the other girls but it has given me a banging headache and my blood sugar must have plummeted since about 3pm I have felt awful - the worse I have felt since the days before ketosis, so tired and headachey! To make it worse In a min I am going to a friends who's off on hols at the weekend and having 'nibbles' I have brought some sushi, houmus crackers and those mikado stick things (only 11 cals each)

Brekkie Strawb shake

Lunch Salad hommous, a few mussels in vinegar, bit of choc

Orange and apple

Dinner pasta,cottage cheese,salad,some mussels, 3 oatcakes, few crisps :( tiny bit of my carrot cake!!!!!
Need more water!!!

I have cut down my water intake since the first couple of weeks, I really must try to up that again as its a great habit to be in.

Brekkie - half a bagel, v low fat cott cheese with pineapple, half an orange some pineapple tea with milk

Lunch - mussels in vinegar, small salad, 2 oatcakes with cott cheese, slice carrott cake!

Snack piece of Pineappple

Dinner - spag bol 2 sponge fingers

Okay so I weighed in Friday...stayed the same!!! Yay quite happy with that!! Bought some caramel maintenance bars as thought they'd help me when at work!

Friday 8th May

brekkie fruit seeds and low fat yog

Lunch Caramel Maintenance Bar

Dinner Turkey breasts in 5 spice, sweet pot, mixed salad

2 Jaffa cakes
half a cider.....first alchohol for months!!! yummm

Today...

Brekkie:Fruit,low fat yog, seeds and fruit topping 2 pecans

half cider (not for brekkie :D)

Lunch /Dinner... i live next door to pizza Express and my daughter bday treat!

small glass rose wine -pinot grigio blush mmmmmm

New type Pizza with hole in middle - only 500 cals total and totally gorgeous!!!

Latte

Well done on your stay the same Rach, are you still trying to lose a few more pounds or are you maintaining now?

The alcohol is also tasty lol, just like the meals. Welcome to my world, the alcohol world, hehe.

:7834:Oh Mary-isn't it nice being able to have a little drinkie! I wanted to lose a few more lbs but to be honest I'm happy around 9'10 think thats my 'natural' weight really if I lose a few more then thats a bonus but I'm not gonna fret about it. I need to step up the exercise a little more now!!! Enjoy the rest of your weekend!

Yes Rach, its lovely having a drink after being on TFR, I try to drink once out of my 4 days off, but last time it was twice.
As long as you are comfortable at your current weight then thats great and like you say, if you do lose a few more lbs, its a bonus.
I am exactly the same, happy to maintain, but if I do lose 1lb here and there, I am not going to grumble as long as it doesnt go down too much.
Working nights tonight and tomorrow, so not much doing here. Have a great Sunday.

Sunday 10th May

Brekkie, Bacon and tomato in pitta....yum

Lunch Chicken Salad and log fat yog in pitta
2 oatcakes dipped in strawberry yoghurt

Dinner Salad with Turkey roll and slice of homebaked wholemeal bread

Slice of homemade (healthy low fat ) flapjack
1Peach
3 Strawberries and 3 marshmallows toasted over my newly opened up (real) fire!!!
Soda water with raspberry
1 coffee with milk
2 teas with milk
Water

Mmm toasted marshmallows, yummy.

I know and fat free!!!!!

Monday brekkie:

Pineapple,peach and strwberry yog

Lunch: Maintenance Bar

3 Reeses piece thingy (my friend just got back from the states -yummy!)

Piece of my healthy homemade flapjack

Dinner: Salmon done on the George with Paprika and thai 7 spice
Stir fried veggies with chilli falkes and Udon noodles....It was absolutely delish even tho I do say so myself!

1 white coffee
Loads of water

I bought loads of goodies from the Chinese supermarket yesterday, I had some of the spice today on my chicken, its lovely. Looks like chicken chow mein on my 4 days off.

Seems to have embedded an extra "/x" at the end of the link.

Click on it then delete the "/x" and it works fine Mary.

Alternatively, copy and paste my link below:

Code:
http://www.morrisons.co.uk/Food/Recipe-search/Index/C/Chicken-mango-skewers/

Thanks for that Rach and well done on the refeed so far - enjoy the drink, you've deserved it getting so far....it's like a little reward for the effort! :)

Thanks Mark, do you work in IT?

I love the look of that recipe, might also do something like that, but change from the coconut milk, I think thats quite high in calories, but I havent checked it. Looks great.

haha that was probably me putting x's (kisses) on the end of everything!!!

Tuesday

Brekkie - mixed fruit and yog topped with healthy seeds

Lunch - Mixed salad topped with LF yoghurt and schwartz salad sprinkler stuff(has anyone else tried this? -its great!)

Mixed Fruit
3 pieces of hersheys cookies and cream choc - OMG this is bloomin' amazing

Dinner
Salmon fillet on the george
Stirfried veg
Sweet Potato

1 jaffa cake
1 coffee with skimmed milk
lots of water

LOL at you putting kisses at the end of everything.

No, never tried the schwartz salad sprinkler, what is it?

Back