Rachel's Maintenance Diary

Its just a spice I think with a bit of 'crunch' but marketed specifically to put on salad funnily enough hehe!!, In the spice aisle or with croutons etc. Low fat/cal tho cos you only sprinkle a small amount on.I've got spicy/tomato flavour and adds a bit of texture to your salad.Today I had low fat yog on my salad today with that on top, I also love balsamic or light vinegar with maybe lemon/lime juice on my salad ! x !!!!!

I love balsamic vinegar too, and lemon juice is great. I had lemon juice on my salad and salmon tonight, its beautiful, loved every mouthful.

Ok, deffo off to bed now...........nite xx

Weds 13th MAy

Gave blood today so thought it best to 'up the carbs' a bit purely not to feel lightheaded etc...

Brekkie:Slice Wholemeal toast (no spread), low fat strawberry yoghurt

Lunch: Caramel maintenance bar, peach

after giving blood: small packet cheddars

square of hersheys choc and a few reeses pieces...gosh these are peanut heaven!!!

Dinner; breast of chicken cooked in orange juice in slowcooker with added fresh mango and pineapple (Mary this was my variation of that recipe i pointed out!) wholemeal rice!! This was absolutely yummy!!!

Tiny bit of Rachels low fat Rhubarb bio yoghurt (everyone must go out and buy this - it really is delicious!!!) x

3 white teas, 1 white coffee (all skimmed)
shed loads of water

I have been shopping today, so made a mental note to look for the Rachels yogurt the next time. I did buy WW fruit layered fromage frais today (Yasmine had this too) and it was so tasty, really nice.

Might speak (creep) with OH to get me a slow cooker, would be great for my 12 hour dayshifts - or would 12 hours be too long to slow cook for?

Not at all just keep it on low... I normally chuck something in at about 7.30am and then dont have dinner til at least 6.30 so thats 11 hours! I must say I didnt add the fruit til I got in tonight (5.45) otherwise It would have been mush! My s cooker is really old (my mums when I was a teenager so at least 20yr old!) but Asda even do a smartprice one for £9. I'm sure its fine. I bought one of their smart price blenders and its great! x

There is an Asda opposite where I work - I might have a peek in there on Saturday when I return to work.

Thurs
Brekkie: Porridge made with water,skimmed milk and splodge of golden syrup! Yummmy!!

Lunch: L/T Choc shake (I forgot my salad!)

Dinner: Bolognaise in pitta with masses of salad, Rachels low fat rhubarb yog
Snacks:Few Reeses pieces, 2 peaches, 1 banana x
2 White teas with skimmed milk
1 white coffee with skimmed milk
Water water water! x

I went to dinner last night with dh. We went to a country pub that I used to go to with my family when I was a little girl in the 70's! It was great brought back loads of memories and the food was great!

Brekkie; Apple and Rachels
rhubarb low fat yog

Lunch; Mixed salad hommous and pitta

1 orange
2 squares dark choc
2 white teas

At pub:
Shank of slow roasted lamb in redcurrant gravy
Mash and fresh veg. It was perfect and i was really full so just had a coffee. Prior to Lt i would have had a starter and pudding too!
1 glass rose pinot grigio mmmm. ( I drove but I dont mind - I havent got back to drinking 'properly' and I like that fact!
No so much water yesterday and didnt get weighed as I was maxed at work :(

x

Oooh Rach, your dinner sounded lovely. I love lamb, its the choice I usually take when I eat out.

I only started eating lamb recently really - realised you have to get a good bit but when you get a decent piece its delicious! i. I have done a couple of cheaper cuts in the - yes you guessed it! - slow cooker prior to lt!!!, with rosemary, mint, gravy etc, which have proved to be ok , quite fatty but not as good as the shank I had last night!

Shanks are simply the best.

Somerfield regularly have half price legs of lamb, I love to slow cook them (not in my slow cooker) in my oven turned down low......lol, delicious.

Saturday

brekkie; smoothie mad with pineapple, mango, orange, orange juice and water

Lunch Wholemeal wrap with houmous chicken and mixed salad
slice of sorreen

Dinner -Pork spare ribs in chiili bbq sauce and chinese 5 spice, oven roasted veg and salad (will let u know ahat its like!) x

I never cooked before LT - well not with enthusiasm and imagination like I do now! I was a bit of a takeaway addict to be honest! This has made me appreciate food so much more, I LOVE cooking and baking now...hoping to get a new kitchen this year cos I'm actually using my tired old one so much more now!!!

Rach, do you toast the wraps or do you just have them straight from the packet? I looked at them last week, but didnt pick any up.

Either Mary - today I just bunged one in the toaster, quite nice to break up and dip in homous/youghurt dip. Or put the filling in and toast on the George.Get the wholemeal ones in the mexican aisle (84 cals) opposed to the ones in the bread aisle (bigger but about 160 cals). Oh by the way the ribs were amazing!!!! My dh loved 'em too!!! x

Cheers for the info on the wraps, I will try them for a change next week.

Glad the ribs were nice, I cant wait to have them, but I probably wont have them until after the holidays now as we are trying to use up everything thats in the freezer - looks like chicken and fish for 2 weeks lol.

Sunday:
Brekkie - one 50% less fat sausage, poached egg, grilled tomatoes, in a wholemeal wrap

Lunch - piece of Gillain McKeiths love bar, 4 squares of green and blacks, bite of OHs meatball panini

Dinner - Salmon on the george with pesto on top. Potatoes and Sweet Potatoes with green beans

Pudding - homemade summer pudding with rhubarb and gooseberry lowfat fool - if anyone wants the recipe let me know its easy peasy x

Back