Rachels road to slimdom weight loss diary!

No you won't hun - you'll be absolutely fine. Next week you'll feel even better because you would have had a nice loss! Remember to drink lots and lots of water.

*the more you drink, the more you shrink!*

Have a fab day x :)
Jess xx
Thank you!! and oh yes,a good 4 litres a day im having!
xx

So Im on day 5 and have just finished my first shake.I have had a cheeky peek at the scales today and accoring to the scales I have lost 12lbs BUT we all know how different it is on the CDC scales and by the time I go for my WI on Tuesday I will have guzzled an awful lot of water which may put on a couple of pounds!
I am currently 14st 12(when I weighed myself the day before my initial WI on my own scales I was 14st 7!!!)I really hope I have lost at least 10lbs this week.I know its a tall order especially as I was dieting 5 weeks before,cutting out carbs and had lost a bit of weight before I started CD but if I loose 10lbs then hopefully by WI 2 I will be in the 13's which will be fab!!My aim is to have lost 2 stone by my holiday(6 weeks on Monday)Taking me to 12st 12lbs.....anything more is a bonus!!
I have found this week to be really quiet straight forward and I hate to say it ...easy! I think this is for a number of reasons.....

1.I cut down on food and practically cut out carbs 4-5 weeks before starting CD,so I believe this has helped me to not feel hungry.

2.Ive had a some intense upset this week so Ive gone the other way of not reaching for food rather than eating for comfort.

3.I have been planning this diet for 5 weeks,getting myself in "the zone". I have CHOSEN to do this diet because I WANT to rather than doing it because I have to.I think this makes you see the diet in a much more positive way.

4.I know that by the time I go on holiday I will hopefully be 2 stone lighter and feeling alot lot better about myself .

5.I know that when my holiday comes I will be able to eat and drink but have the restraint to pick sensible things.I have planned the exact day I come off the diet and the exact day I go back on it.I think this is best for getting back on track!!

So roll on Tuesdays WI! Seeing the scales so near the 13's is so so exciting!!!!

Oh and another thing...Im feeling poorly.Yesterday my hayfever felt quiet bad,I was sneezing and rubbing my nose for England and my throat was really sore and puffy.....BUT this carried on till the evening(the throat bit).I wanted to take a lemsip but then though!oh my goodness I dont know if im allowed it!" Tried to call CDC but it was quiet late and she didnt answer.
I decided to go to bed watch some 24 and forget about it.Woke up this morning still the same.My CDC called me and advised me not to take lemsip but if I was really poorly to take it as my health comes first and then......she suggested to eat!!YES EAT!! Obviously no carbs but she said to have 3 protein meals with veg to help me get better!!I said to her that I would just deal with it,pop some pills and ride it out.There is no way im going to jeopardise my weight loss!!
Im currently watching The Biggest Loser USA,its incredible how different these people look!!Granted I dont have as much weight as them to loose but it bought a tear to my eye and the people on it are so awe inspiring!!
Anyway,im sure this weekend may be a little bit of a struggle seeing as I am not at work and I tend to associate the weekend with going out for dinner and heading to some bars afterwards and getting merry with my OH! But not this weekend! Im using my culinary skills tonight to cook him a chinese curry with egg fried rice! I will get through this weekend,my WI day is insight as is my size 12 bikini....!
Have a fab day guys and stay strong!!
Love Rachel
xx

Last edited:
Well,I have just had my last shake of the day and can quiet honestly say that I feel full...Me and my OH went shopping in Sainsburys today and a lot of the food looked so yummy....but I kept saying to myself 6 weeks till holiday!
The curry I cooked for him smelt devine!I did a chinese pork curry with egg fried rice....I love cooking and the hardest part was remembering NOT to test the food!You do it naturally(trying it as you cook to see if you need to add to it)but I managed it!
Need to neck 2 more pints and Im done for today...!
End of day 6 :)....go me!
Hope everyone has had a fab Saturday!
xxx

Last edited:
well done . I hope your having another good day.

Well done on what you have achieved so far! You're very brave cooking for your OH haha I would end up having a little taster at least...

Good luck for your weigh in :)

10.51pm,I have had all my shakes and water.I am officially at the end of day 7!!!!!!!!!yay!! 100% ALL WEEK!! YAY!
Today has been good.Had a chilled out day,me and my OH went bowling at 7 and I got the highest score!!!!They had a pizza hut,nandos,maccy d's and chimi changa there.....oh man I am so craving savoury stuff...its ridiculous!Do you know what id like?I massive spoonful of marmite!!Im such a freak!Im definately going to have a couple of soups this week,im just worried ill pick some gross ones!Ive had tetras all week and as much as I have a sweet tooth,I am definately after something savoury!
I feel a teeny bit grrrr today as I want to eat.Nothing a sleep cant handle,I will be absolutely fine.Its the weekend and this is totally normal.We all know the weekends are harder,back to work tomorrow (boooooo!)so will have any thoughts of savoury things out of my head.
Weigh in is on Tues and I am on a major count down,im curious to see how much I've lost and im hoping so so hoping its double figures,this would just boost my weight loss target!!Im lucky ive already started to notice a difference in my clothes and underwear. Once im in the 13's,man i'll be mega happy :):)
Right im going to make a cuppa hopefully it'll rid me off my "i want marmite" head.
Good night everyone and have a strong day tomorrow.
Love Rachel
xxx

Hi honey,

You’ve done so well, well done on a 100%! Snap! :)

Good luck for your WI tomorrow, You deserve a fab loss and I’m sure you’ll get it. It’s great that you’re already noticing a difference.

WI no 3 tonight for me. Eeeek! I feel really nervous for some reason. I think it’s because I’ve tried really hard this week!!

RE Cape Verde, you’ll definitely have to let me know what it’s like when you get back. Me and OH are looking into it for our honeymoon next July. :)

Have a great day,
Love Jess xx

Thank you Jess!Good luck for tonight!!!I will definately let you know what Cape Verde is like,im so excited and only 6 weeks away,hence the CD!
XX

Just a little evening blog.So day 8 of 100%. I have my first WI tomorrow at 5.30pm,feel a bit bummed that it is at that time as my weight does tend to fluctuate throughout the day.I really really really really want it to be in the double figures but I will have to wait and see!Im so excited eeeeeeek!!!!
Im just in bed,I was aiming for an early night as I have been so tired and faint today to the point where I had to hold on to my OH after charging up the underground station stairs.He was very worried about me when we were on the underground as it was really hot and I looked peeky,but I guess that is part and parcel of the CD.I have been feeling extra out of sorts today though....
Im laying here thinking about how much I cant wait to spend a whole to weeks with my OH with no distractions of work,constant ringing phones,traffic jams,public transport,commuters and general arrogant people and hopefully 2 stone lighter!
On that note,im off otherwise this will turn into a major long blog!
Good night everyone.Sweet dreams.
Love Rachel
xxx:nightf:

Good morning everyone!
I feel like absolute crap this morning,physically and mentally.I had a (usually 15 minute) 20 min walk to the train station and literally had to push myself there as my legs wouldn't work,I feel sick,light headed and my heart is constantly racing.As per my post a week or so ago my boobs are getting progressively worse,painful every day.I have to hold on to them getting in and out of bed.Im just an average booby size 34D so its not like its because they are massive.This all sounds like pregnancy symptoms but I have now done 4 tests all of which have come back negative. Well I am due on this weekend so we will see....
On a positive note its my WI at 5.30pm today so heres hoping i've lost double figures!I'll be honest if its anything less than 9lbs,I will be slightly disapointed.Sorry if my post seems a bit negative....!Hopefully i'll out weigh it with a positive when I get home after my WI!
Love Rachel
xxx

Stick with it, your symptoms sound more like ketosis. Don't forget CD can muck around with your oestrogen levels that are usually stored in fat and cause a surge when you lose fat. Giving you symptoms. I hadn't had a totm for 6 months as I think my fat was affecting me. Week 1 on CD I had a totm with tender boobs etc and one 4 weeks later. I had so much energy couldn't sleep etc. Never had the headaches at day 4-5 etc but felt lousy at day 7-8 which were the worst hence why I say stick with it :D. Jayne x

Stick with it, your symptoms sound more like ketosis. Don't forget CD can muck around with your oestrogen levels that are usually stored in fat and cause a surge when you lose fat. Giving you symptoms. I hadn't had a totm for 6 months as I think my fat was affecting me. Week 1 on CD I had a totm with tender boobs etc and one 4 weeks later. I had so much energy couldn't sleep etc. Never had the headaches at day 4-5 etc but felt lousy at day 7-8 which were the worst hence why I say stick with it :D. Jayne x
Thank you hun,although I had the painful boobs before starting CD so starting to feel little concerned..and am deffo 100% sticking with it,I know in a few days ill start to feel ok again xxx

Evening primrose oil tablets can help with sore/tender boobs but check with CDC if ok with plan as I am not sure. J x

Ok so I semi avoided posting last night for the simple reasons.
1.I was very tired and wanted to spend time with my OH (my last night at his until Saturday)
2.I had my 1st weigh in after work yesterday and I can honestly say I was gutted!
I had a 7lb and 3/4 weight loss after my home scales said a clear 11-13lb loss :( and to top it off,I came on before I left work.Not sure if this may have some effect. My CDC said it could be a number of factors and that I am more likely to have more consistent higher weight losses.....
I hope she is right.So im 7lbs down,I have 1st 7lbs to lose in 6 weeks which averages out at 3.5lbs a week.Lets hope I can do that.Anymore is a bonus!!!
Oh man I was such an emotional wreck yesterday.I had the sh*ttiest day from sh*tsville! Dealing with A hole old male solicitors (well ok it was only one) he complained that I wore to much make up and that my eyelashes were too long.Yes you heard right,he complained that my eyelashes were to long.I was very mad.Very mad indeed.I turned up at my interview as "me" and now im being moaned at for being "me"!! I find this man very contradictory because in the next breath he is saying that im not fake enough with clients.I am very outgoing,chatty and polite.I am a hairdresser by trade so its in my nature ;)! So this is a load of pants too.I say its contradictory because hes complaining about me wearing to much make up(being fake)and then he's wanting me too be fake with clients.
Im sorry but people can see right through fakeness and pretentiousness.I don't think people like being patronized!If it was me id want to be greeted with a nice down to earth happy polite girl that was well groomed!!
I have sworn more in this post then I have in the last 12 months I think!
Excuse me for ranting but this on top of a lower than expected weight loss,made for a bad day!
I decided to get some chilli soups as I had been really craving something savoury.I'm glad I did.It was just what I needed.I was so stressed yesterday I got back to my OH house and realised that I hadn't had my second shake! I wasn't hungry but ate it any way because I didnt want my body to think I was starving it and then subsequently have a pants WI next week!
Don't be fooled,my negativeness and rubbish WI has in no way impacted the way I feel about the diet.In fact on the contrary.I am more determined to not give into the fat.I want to smash that fat!!!! It wants to stay on me to make me feel horrible and fat does not want me to buy several new bikinis.Fat can go swivel as far as I am concerned!!!!!
Oh and I spoke to my CDC re my concerns about going on holiday and putting back on all the weight that I had lost. She said...impossible!She said when she goes away she never puts on anymore than 5lbs, although everyone is different of course and she advised to steer clear of carbs if at all possible.
Thats all for now!
Love Rachel
xxx

Last edited:
Don't be glum -7 lbs is ALOT! That's an amazing amount. My home scales weigh nothing like my CDC's, and remember your TOTM can make you store water, and make you feel like poo!

You are doing so well, don't beat yourself up :)

Morning!So its day number 10 and I've remained 100%. I'll be honest,I feel like absolute cr*p.I've had no energy for days now.Im usually a right old fast footed walker and I am finding im walking at a snails pace because if I walk any faster I'll pass out!I am feeling so weak,pathetic and energyless.I could stay in bed for a week-no joke!I am detesting getting up at 6am everyday for work,I can't stand that feeling!
I was getting so annoyed with myself last night,I was having a real self loathing couple of hours.Im so excited about my holiday and the prospect of wearing a bikini,then I caught sight of myself in my underwear in the mirror and in bright light and wanted to vom.I was literally in front of that mirror for half an hour thinking that even when I have lost 2 stone(my goal for holiday)I am still going to look disgusting and white and wobbly...I dont think my OH realises how gross I am going to look.I was talking to him about it last night.He must be so bored of me going on about fat this fat that,goal this goal that,cellulite cellulite cellulite! My one plus is for some BIZARRE reason I have none on my bum :eek:....Not complaining there! I can't ever see me being how I used to be.I'm not aiming for my old 9st 7,that was a couple of years ago now and being that bit older I think it is definately hard to maintain for my height.I would love to get my old figure back but that to is unlikely,but who knows-pigs might fly.
You know the strange thing?When I was 9st 7 I still thought I was fat!!Going on diets for a couple of weeks and coming off.I guess I've been like it since I can remember,I remember I couldn't have been any older then 10 and asking my mum about loosing weight and going on a diet.I think back and look at old pictures and think "you deluded silly girl!" Now I really am fat and look back at photos and CRRRRINGE!!!
Ok so enough self wallowing.I am on this diet,I am doing something about it,I have remained 100% and very very determined!!!!
I think to help me along the way I'm going to make a 2stone holiday ticker!That way I can see progress sooner!I WILL get there hopefully before the summer is out!
Sorry guys for the dreary post!!!! You want to hope that I have a minimum 5lb weight loss next week otherwise goodness help my diary....It will get a bashing!
Love Rachel
xxx

I am on SS+ (milk only +4 shakes, not meals) and have had substantial losses. I wonder if you go up a plan or include more calories, you might feel better?

I am on SS+ (milk only +4 shakes, not meals) and have had substantial losses. I wonder if you go up a plan or include more calories, you might feel better?
The thought has crossed my mind for a split second but I think I will wait until my second weigh in next week and then decide after that.If I get anything lower then 4lbs I will be so annoyed!!!!
Thank you for the advice!
xxx

Back