Re-Start 1st January 2010 - buddy group

Yes Yes:party0049: finally got through day one after failing over and over!
Well done jazz thats great
Oh and wanted to ask if anyone has had a ketosis head for more than 1 day, i seem to have had a very dull headache since day one and its starting to bother me now? Its kind of like a fuzzy hangover head :D
Mine always last until day 4ish I think it's just one of the down sides :(

well done every one on staying strong , you did well emma only to have chicken, and so did you sass. Ketosis head normally lasts about 4 days I still feel it a bit today, but I've also got a remains of a cold so its probably a combination of the 2 for me.

Last edited:
Restarting CD this week after a 6 month break, so hope you don't mind me joining (I've been lurking while getting my mind into gear and ready for the restart)! Well actually I didn't ever really get going first time around :cry:because I had severe hives as a response to ketosis and it was so uncomfortable and persistent that I gave up.

Have been spending a lot of time googling the response and it appears I'm not the only person on a VLCD to experience that particular side-effect, although my CDC had never heard of it. Am going into town to buy some Spirulina which some people have said may minimise the hives, and keep me going. Have my first appointment with my CDC on Tuesday, with a Wednesday start! 6 stone to lose, one day at a time!
:)

Hi Jazz sorry for such a delay in reply but yes protein is a safe bet if feeling like you need to eat.

Morning Peeps,

Day 6 :banana dancer::banana dancer::banana dancer: for me and i really didn't think i would get this far, so excuse that mad bananas but i'm over the moon to be still here.

Welcome to the thread Mandy, good luck with the restart and if your feel like you need support we are always here for you. We are doing this together :D

Welcome Mandy. Day 6 for me too! can't believe I've made it this far! off out walking with dh soon, just had first shake hot vanilla with a touch of coffee, just like a vanilla latte from starbucks :) I think I could become quite addicted to them! More snow forcast for later today and tomorrow :( but I expect school will be open as there are GCSE exams this week, might have to walk, if our road gets blocked again.

Yummy your vanilla shake with coffee sounds delicious. I might have to give that a try when i go to see my CDC and get some vanilla. I normally stick to strawberry but i'm going off it a little bit now.

Think i will write my shake shopping list in a mo.

Morning everyone, day 7 for me today. Had a blip yesterday and went a bit crazy on no/low carb proteiny foods...won't go into detail as you're all SSing and it doesn't help when people talk about food. I probably ate about 500kcals worth of food, and for some reason I only had one pack - yesterday was a bad day! Back on track today, no going off-plan for me. I am still in ketosis due to my selection of low carb food, and I suppose as my total calorie intake was only around 650 so it makes sense why I haven't gained... but still, it's not on-plan and it's not helpful to cheat. So it won't happen again.

Phew, glad I got that off my chest. Am seeing CDC for WI tomorrow. I hopped on wii fit this morning and have lost 9lbs so far now, hoping to make it 10 tomorrow... you never know, although my WI is in the afternoon and I always weigh more then, so i'll probably still be 9, or maybe even 8. But I know I have lost 9 so that's the main thing, and I'm going to use that as my week one WI as today is the end of my first week, so tomorrow marks the start of a new one.

So, 9lbs lost in 6 days :D

xxx

Well Done on a great week one 1 wannabslim. I am having a day today like your day yesterday. Don't really know where this need to eat is coming from but i will just make low carb choices and get back to 100% ss tomorrow and at least i will still be in ketosis.

Day 7 for me.
Its been a hard few days as my daughter is with her father, and having her at weekends, normally keeps me nice and busy and having no time to think about food, but seeings as I havent got her, its been so difficult.
I was supposed to weigh in yesterday but couldnt make it, thankfully I have enough to keep my going until Wednesday so should be ok. I certainly noticing a difference in my stomach. I weighed myself and think ive lost in the region of 8lb but im sure my CDC scales will be different as she weighs on carpet!!!

Day five for me and I am finding today very hard - in ketosis as got the dreaded breath but craving food constantly.....

might have to have something no carbs though..just given son the last chocs in house as they calling me and dont know how long I could have gone on looking at them but not touching..

Hello people, what a hellish weekend, it is insanely difficult!

I am still in the game but hanging on by the skin of my teeth!

Week 2 here we go!

Oh I just cant seem to get going. I cant get past day 2 :eek::( Today is a new day though and I will catch you all up. I have too! I need a good :whoopass:

Morning all,

well yesterday was a write off. So heres to day 1 again :D not going to quit just going to take the ruff with the smooth and it was one day out of 6 so hayhay and like my partner said i have only failed if i don't get back on plan today,.

So lots of water for me today and hoping the the gained 3lbs from eating yesterday will fall off by tomorrow ( not sure they will though) but that's the punishment for letting the food win me over yesterday.

Hope your all having a good day so far? well done to all those who got through a cold, snowy weekend, that's really something to give yourself a real pat on the back for. Weekends are tough without the added sprinkle of snow and the calling of warm comfort foods.

Miss J.T - Hope you manage to get through today but really you have got to be abit kinder to yourself, i know how frustrating it is not being able to get your head in the right place but it will come, just be patient with yourself and in the mean time if you cant get on plan just follow a healthy eating plan to minimise any more gain. I do however hope that this time is your time. Now that i'm back on day 1, we can do it together!

Hi guys,

Hope you have room for another re-starter! ;)

I started CD in 2007 weighing 184lbs. I got down to 145lbs and was absolutely delighted with myself. I never looked or felt so good.

Here I am in 2010 back up to 170lbs. Today is the day I begin my journey back down the scales. Yay!

Now that i'm back on day 1, we can do it together!
Thanks Sass any encouragement is great. I always find day 2 as the hardest but luckly I'm in keto by morning of day 3 so I know alot more people have a harder time than me.

Great Kila is on day one too. :wavey:I really thought I would be on my own struggling.

Everyone else your doing great :D:D I need to pratice what I preach)

hi everyone, almost slipped up myself yesterday but managed to stop myself, just in time don't know how though!

Sass and missj just put it behind you and like your partner says sass you've only failed if you don't get back on plan its only a blip.

hi kila welcome to the thread

Back