Really need some advice :(

abigailsweetie

Ok, so....I haven't dieted for a year, I used to be about 20 stone, dropped to 15 via combination of a VLCD and just walking lots etc.
Put 7/8lbs back on. So I was 15 stone 8 (am 5ft9) when I found out I was pregnant.

So since February I have eaten utter crap. Pizza Hut and Dominos are good friends of mine. I'm now 17stone 2 roughly (can't weigh as at the parents)
So that makes my bmi over 35 again, dammit not been this weight for ages.

Problem is, I can't give birth at my local hospital if my bmi is over 35. I'm only 26 weeks so I have 14 weeks to maybe lose some weight. Otherwise I will have to endure the stressful trip from the Lake District to Lancaster and be in a loud busy horrible ward. Whereas the ward in Kendal is nice! The midwives are lovely.

I was considering having a meal replacement shake for breakfast, and eating healthily for the rest of the day I just don't know what to do I am so upset!

I struggle with food, the only way I can lose is via meal replacement as it removes my dependency on food. But I obviously thought, hey your pregnant eat the bloody house if you want!

Slimming world, teaches healthy eating rather than weigh lose, contact ur doc, sometimes u get free access to slimming world

Agreed. Try slimming world. I know it seems a big deal atm but when you have you baby in your arms you won't care where you give birth and you'd be really annoyed with yourself for compromising baby's well being by using meal replacement shakes. Slimming world is great and will allow you keep enjoying your pregnancy. Good luck! xxx

Low gi/gl is very healthy during pregnancy and after the first few days your cravings drastically diminish which really helps! Good luck. Personally think any meal replacement should be avoided while pregnant to be on the safe side.

Back