Red's food diary - advice very gratefully received

Wow what a great loss! Congrats xxxx

Wow! Well done you!! I wish I knew your secret... 6lb is incredible! Xx

I know. I keep wondering if there is something wrong with my scales. Not that I'm complaining right now but it seems like lots.

Thank you everyone for your support - you are all fab as always x

This is today:

Thursday 10th March - Red

Breakfast – .Black coffee, banana, jazz apple

Lunch – .Large bowl of tomato, carrot and basil soup (superfree) with toasted wholemeal pitta (HexB) filled with spinach tomato, spring onions and crumbled feta cheese (42g HexA) – Satsuma

Tea –.Salad, tin of tuna, 2 boiled eggs, Tiger Tiger dressing (1syn), wholemeal pitta (HexB)- Shape Zero yoghurt.

Snacks - .dessert spoon fat free cottage cheese with 1 pagen krisproll (2syns) and spinach , bowl superfree vegetable soup. Dark choc Highlights drink (1.5) 1 finger Drifter (5 syns)

Syns – 9.5

HexA – .42g Feta cheese
HexB - .2 wholemeal pitta bread.

I'm so tired. Didn't get to bed until 2am and I have 3 hours tutoring to do tonight *yawn*

Today's food so far:

Friday 11th March - Green

Breakfast – .Black coffee, 1 small banana, 1 Jazz apple, 1 satsuma. 2 Quorn sausages baked beans.

Lunch – .Carrot, tomato and basil soup (superfree) salad: spinach leaves, tomato, spring onion and 8 black olives (1syn) and a wholemeal pitta bread (HexB)

Tea –.Quorn sausage jambalaya. (contains quorn sausage, rice, veggies)

Snacks - .Highlights dark choc (1.5syns), Weetos bar (5syns)

Syns – 7.5

HexA – .42g Feta cheese
HexB - .wholemeal pitta bread. Alpen Lights

Last edited:
hiya......just thought id add to your post if you dont mind, im after some inspiration, i am very new to SW and my 2 WI's so far have been a bit......well.....rubbish really lol......i noticed you have had some fab losses, well done :D:D

do you have any tips/advice you could possibly pass on to me ??

without looking at all your diaries right now (have to get ready for school run) could you let me know what you snack on generally ???? i am so trying to make this plan work for me lol...thanks, and well done :):)

hiya......just thought id add to your post if you dont mind, im after some inspiration, i am very new to SW and my 2 WI's so far have been a bit......well.....rubbish really lol......i noticed you have had some fab losses, well done :D:D

without looking at all your diaries right now (have to get ready for school run) could you let me know what you snack on generally ???? i am so trying to make this plan work for me lol...thanks, and well done :):)

Have got the school run too - but I'll definately come back and give you some ideas once I'm done :)

Weighed this morning and would you believe I've lost 6lbs! I'm not sure where these big figures are coming from as I eat a lot but there you go. I always weigh several times to be absolutely sure and in the same place. So that was nice news this morning. After tonight am hoping the business will calm down. It is a very busy week in the world of tutoring (final draft folio works due in) so I've been working non-stop. Also (and typically) had a large card order from a gift shop and a couple of commission pieces so this week has been stressful.

Last night was a Body Shop party, I resisted both the wine and the nibbles - I had to plan a tutorial once I got back so the avoided the wine for 2 reasons. Spent slightly more than I had planned though. Tsk.

I am waiting to go on a Snowdrop walk I have organised for playgroup (lots of work for them this week too - it's staff appraisal week and I do them and the paperwork). So I am going to do a quick diary tour now.

Wow wow wow wow wow wow wow wow wow wow wow wow wow wow!!! That is so amazing!! I'm very proud of you!! You wonder where these big losses are coming from, but it's because you're FOLLOWING THE PLAN!! It is incredible how it works when you can eat so much- it took me a long time to get my head around it!! You are living proof that followed properly it's a fantastic plan and one for people who love their food, and very workable around a busy lifestyle!! Yippee!! You'll be a skinny minny before you know it!X

Thank you Dizzy, Mia and funcurls. Funcurls you are so motivational and Dizzy you have such a way with the smilies and you know how much I love my smilies!

Sorry I wasn't on yesterday, life just got in the way. Was tutoring most of today so anyway this is today and yesterday's food:

Saturday 12th March - Green
Breakfast – .Black coffee, 2 Quorn sausages, egg, beans, mushrooms, onions, cherry tomatoes , garlic and tarragon – A banana
Lunch – .Mugshot , 2 babybel, Pagen Krisproll
Tea –.Quorn bolognaise with wholemeal spaghetti (reduced fat cheddar grated on top (HexA) – French toast (2 slice ww brown thick slice bread – HexA) 1 banana, strawberries and maple syrup (2syns)
Snacks - . Jazz apple, green tea, Highlights dark choc drink (1.5syns), Weetos bar (5syns)
Syns – 8.5
HexA – . reduced fat cheddar, 2 Babybel light
HexB - .2 slice ww thick slice wholemeal bread, Pagen Krisproll.

Sunday 13th March - Easy Extra
Breakfast – .Omelette with 1 Laughing cow (HexA) and smoked salmon, tomato and basil salad.
Lunch – .1 cup superfree tomato and carrot soup, 3 slices of ham
Tea –.Fish pie (whole pie 5.5 syns) I had half so 3syns used 4 Laughing Cow (HexA)
Syns in pie were 28g Reduced fat cheddar and ½ a tbsp wholemeal flour. Served with broccoli and spinach.

Snacks - .1 Jazz apple, 1 Highlights drink dark choc (1.5syns) Alpen Light (HexB)
Syns – 1 glass red wine (6syns) + 3+ 1.5 = 10.5 syns
HexA – .Laughing cow light
HexB - .Alpen Lights

I made 2 fish pies becasue I was just fiddling about with the recipe to make mine SW friendly and the boys (all of them) wanted my normal fish pie. As a result I made one large one (non-SW friendly) and a small one for me. I am freezing the other half for a handy 3 syn ready meal when I can't be bothered cooking. OH will be away a few nights soon as he has to work elsewhere so it might come in handy then.

I'm so so sorry I didn't come back and answer your question camogirl. It's been a frantic week for me. Anyway, I think everyone is different and different things work for different folk but I sometimes like to save my HexB Alpen lights as an end of day thing with an Options/Highlights drink, I always have a choc drink being as I was a chocoholic and I find that works for me and it is something to look forward to.

I ALWAYS have a superfree soup in to have a cup of becasue sometimes fruit just isn't enough so a cup of soup with maybe a Pagen Krisproll as part of the HexB can be much mre filling. I have in the past made homemade hommous which I then have with chopped up veg (carrots, peppers, raw cauliflower). If it is a red day I sometimes snack on slices of ham, or whatever meat I have cooked and if you are really feeling hungry and it isn't just a habitual snacking thing and none of those are working I think I'd have an egg in some form as I find eggs very filling. I think having some of the SW quiche would be quite helpful but I havent got round to making it yet. Oh and bananas - despite the controversy I find bananas a bit of a life-saver.

I'm not sure how much help that is but you can ask any questions you need to about my diary. :) And once again, my apologies for the delay in my reply. x

So I couldn't decide red or green today (I wanted 2 Hex so one or the other). My list of evening meals to try this week decided me because OH is back late from work so I decided to make the Quorn pilaf from an old SW mag. Reading Britmum's diary reminded me I haven't used the millet I bought so I'm going to use that instead of rice. So it will be that and lots of finely diced veggies and we'll see what it's like.

This is today so far then:

Monday 14th March - Green

Breakfast – .Banana, Satsuma, 2 quorn sausages, BBQ baked beans, egg fried in frylight, Black coffee

Lunch – .wholemeal pitta (HexB) 42g Feta (HexA) 8 olives (1syn) ,spinach, lettuce, tomatoes, radishes, spring onions. Cup of superfree tomato, carrot and basil soup. – Jazz apple.

Tea –.Quorn Pilaff made with millet and vegetables. Shape Zero yoghurt and strawberries

Snacks - .Hmmm a cheeky Thai mugshot sneaked in (the alternative was worse believe me!) (0.5syn) and 2 pagen krisprolls (HexB) and 2 Babybel lights (HexA)

Syns – 1.5

HexA – .42g Feta, Babybel Lights
HexB - .Wholemeal pitta, Pagen Krisprolls

Last edited:
Mmm.. your Greek-style salad sounds lovely! x

I'm so so sorry I didn't come back and answer your question camogirl. It's been a frantic week for me. Anyway, I think everyone is different and different things work for different folk but I sometimes like to save my HexB Alpen lights as an end of day thing with an Options/Highlights drink, I always have a choc drink being as I was a chocoholic and I find that works for me and it is something to look forward to.

I ALWAYS have a superfree soup in to have a cup of becasue sometimes fruit just isn't enough so a cup of soup with maybe a Pagen Krisproll as part of the HexB can be much mre filling. I have in the past made homemade hommous which I then have with chopped up veg (carrots, peppers, raw cauliflower). If it is a red day I sometimes snack on slices of ham, or whatever meat I have cooked and if you are really feeling hungry and it isn't just a habitual snacking thing and none of those are working I think I'd have an egg in some form as I find eggs very filling. I think having some of the SW quiche would be quite helpful but I havent got round to making it yet. Oh and bananas - despite the controversy I find bananas a bit of a life-saver.

I'm not sure how much help that is but you can ask any questions you need to about my diary. :) And once again, my apologies for the delay in my reply. x

hiya, thanks for the reply, im slowly getting used to this site :D taking me a while........

your menus always look very varied, which i think i probably key to not getting bored etc, im seriously thinking of starting a food diary up myself, as im sooooo worried about quantities etc, i know ive not eaten more than usuul in the meal department, but im still not sure if what i eat is too much/too little....

thanks so much for your advice, i have made myself a huge pan of veggie soup, leek, carrots,BNS with mixed lentils/pulses and barely in, very tasty, very filling and as far as im aware "FREE"

thanks again (oh and i just noticed the freind thing, didnt even know this site done that lol.....really should get on here more and "practice" :))

hiya, thanks for the reply, im slowly getting used to this site :D taking me a while........

your menus always look very varied, which i think i probably key to not getting bored etc, im seriously thinking of starting a food diary up myself, as im sooooo worried about quantities etc, i know ive not eaten more than usuul in the meal department, but im still not sure if what i eat is too much/too little....

thanks so much for your advice, i have made myself a huge pan of veggie soup, leek, carrots,BNS with mixed lentils/pulses and barely in, very tasty, very filling and as far as im aware "FREE"

thanks again (oh and i just noticed the freind thing, didnt even know this site done that lol.....really should get on here more and "practice" :))

I felt just the same in the beginning, I worried that I was eating too much. Sometimes, like today, I have a snack that isn't fruit or superfree (I was feeling hungry and I wanted bread or something) and I had a Thai mugshot (I love the flavour) and 2 krisprolls for some crunchiness - not the most healthy or the best snack but I feel better now I've had it and it wasn't off plan and I didn't eat something worse at least!

Yes that Greek salad really does sound sensational!! I have feta cheese in the fridge and will be concocting something similar!! Thanks for that tip!!X

One of my favourite baguettes I used to get back in my Uni days (which was a good few years back now). Was a multigrain baguette filled with feta, red onion, salad and mint yoghurt. Omg it was the best. The mention of feta made me think about it lol. Might have to do something similar on wholewheat toast one day this week.

How did you find the millet?

Last edited:
Back