Rosie's SW Journey

Woww those steps add up, don't they!! With your veggies, what about roasting them and putting what ever you're having with them on top etc.. I had that last night, then stir fryed steak strips, and made soem schwartz sauce up mixed that into the beef and chucked it all over the roasted veg and kale and that was really nice. Made a change and didn't need potatoes (didn't hae enough HEB's anyway) and didn't miss that on my plate.

I lover bread, too much ;), so limit it to 3 times a week now, or i'd just go mad with it and so love cereal bars, so red and green days work with that.

Good luck with the steps today, need to do mine and more then 6000, so stepometer on for work and will walk around the building me thinks while egg fried rice is warming through in micro, lol..

Have a lovely day hun xxx

Thank you Eternal - your ideas for roasting veg was a great one and one I used for tea tonight. For some reason my brain had totally forgotten that I can roast veg!!!!! :eek:

My day was rather stressful today - think there are going to be many more of those for a while yet!

Anyway brekkie again got skipped

Lunch was toast (HXB) cheese, scrambled egg, bacon and beans

Snack - had an apple

Tea/supper was roasted carrots and baby pots, fried (in frylight) cabbage and a KFC type of thing as well, I basically cut a chicken fillet into slices, threw the lot into an overproof dish, put some chicken bovril over the top and rubbed it into both sides of the chicken. Then I just put cous cous mixed with black pepper and garlic over the top and pushed it down with a fork and threw the lot into the oven.
Have to say that I really enjoyed it :eatdrink023:

Earlier in the day - tea time - I did go to KFC for the hubby and son's tea. I didn't get anything for them but when I got back and was serving it up I did have a few chips and some chicken :cry: and then I wanted to have that for my tea as well - I wasn't getting my tea till later due to having to take the dog to the vet and run some things to my sister and check on mum and dad's house. :sigh: lots of stuff to be doing this week!

But I did my own chicken thing instead so am quite proud of myself - although it really is a bit late for eating but I'm not going to worry about that at the moment

Steps today is 9355 so that's still over the limit - although from tomorrow that will go down as I won't be having my neice anymore as she's on holiday with her mum and my parents. :D

The KFC chicken thing was much nicer than the last time I made it so might have another go of actually trying it properly and maybe doing something like chicken strips. ;)

Feeling good at the mo and positive over getting a good loss this week at the moment anyway - stood on my sister's scales today and am down from the last time I stood on them.

Forgot to mention syns - I did have some KFC chips and popcorn chicken - was being nibbly!!

Not sure how to syn it but am going to put it down as 6 - 8 syns I think.

Last edited:
Hi Rosie

Roasted Veg is lush.. doing it again tonight, with peppers, butternut squash, asparagus, onions and musrooms in some mexican spice.

Well done on the steps, wowwww you are doing so well with those, and I do think that WI will reflect it too.

Can I say,:angeldevil:, that you did fab with the KFC and synning it to and then going back to make your own.. thats willpower, so what that you had a little, its allowed and you stopped before going any further.. Good on you Rosie :). Have a good day hun xx

Thank you Nikki - I was so chuffed that I did manage to resist and although I did eat some that I did syn it - approximately anyway. :)

Am so not sure that my pedometer is working right as I don't feel like I'm doing as many as it is saying! But I guess for next week I could up the number of steps that I need to do and just work off the pedometer as it is - if that makes sense.

Todays steps are - 11295 - but that includes 30mins on the Wii - before the Wii it was somewhere about 9500

Food today - managed a Red day

Breakfast - I had a pear :) - yay I managed breakfast :D

Lunch was a brown bread roll (HXB) with tuna and Peppers and extra light mayo - 1.5 syns

Dinner was broccoli, carrots, and stuffed chicken (with cheese - laughing cow light (HXA) and onion) and wrapped with bacon. The chicken was lovely and it didn't need gravy with it as the cheese turned into a cheese sauce type of thing - yummy :D

Have only had one HXB so am going to have a fibre plus bar as my other HXB

only had 1.5 syns as well so am prob going to have either a couple of other cereal bars - oaty bar 3.5 or alpen 3
or I might go for a kitkat 5.5 - will wait and see how hungry I get. :D

well last night i had the oaty bar and a kitkat so 10.5 syns in total for yesterday including the mayo at lunch.

shouldn't have had the kitkat really but not going to stress too much.

Ok it's sunday - it's been a stressful day but I'm proud of myself in that I have resisted chocolate and fast food!!! :D

Think I skipped breakfast again

Lunch was a brown roll (HXB) with egg mayo and beetroot 1 syn of extra light mayo

Dinner was boiled baby pots (HXB) carrots and a chicken and bacon frittata type of thing with onions in it - again had extra light mayo - 2 syns

Had some Birds custard for pud made with my HXA milk and custard powder - 3 syns I think for that one.

So far today I've had 6 syns

Edited to say that I've just had a muller light toffee yogurt and am about to have a skinny cow hot chocolate - 2 syns

means I've had 8 syns today :)

Last edited:
Monday

breakfast was skipped

lunch was brown roll with ham and fried egg

dinner was sw chips, fried eggs and bacon (1 syn extra light mayo)

also had a pink and white - 2.5 syns

not sure if or what i'll have for the rest of the day as yet

Hi Rosie

Sorry, not been about last cpl of days but now back at work and its hard to get online at home, especially with the kids always on the PC.. thats teens!!!

Sounds like you are doing well Rosie, my pedometer keeps gaining steps, lol.. said I did 15.000 the other day and did less then the day before, which was 7500, so might need to get another one. xx

It's ok hun - I've only been popping on to update my diary really as have a fair bit on at the mo.

Breakfast - special k sustain (HXB) semi skimmed milk (HXA) 2 nice biscuits (4 syns)

Lunch was ham, fried egg, and beans

Tea was chinese from the takeaway as I have just felt rubbish all day

ordered chicken and beansprouts in oyster sauce - which works out at 9 syns (4.5 syns per portion but my portion was heavier so have doubled the syns) had it with boiled rice so no syns there.
unfortunatley the husband had chips with his chow mein and chicken balls and then left them in front of me while we were all eating - I put 5 on my plate to start with thinking I'd add about 2 syns on for those - but then he left half the pack and as I hate to see waste I sat nibbling at them - I didn't really want them either :cry:

so I need to add about 6 syns for the chips as well

which means so far today it's been 19 syns

plus I had one chicken ball which I'm gonna guess at being about 5 syns which means today's syn total is 24

am so annoyed with myself as I started by only dishing out half my meal - the chicken and rice and was going to keep the rest for tomorrow rather than waste it but I ate what I had and then put the rest on my plate - at which point I didn't really want most of it but ate it anyway! :cry: When am I going to learn!

am just hoping that this doesn't kill my weight loss for this week! WI is on Thursday so it could well do

Hi Rosie

Don't worry about the chinese, you totalled it and know what you had wasn't on plan as such, but you can still get that loss on Thursday as you've been good the rest of the week. Lots of free food today and minimum syns to undo it from yest, will see you ok me thinks. I'm an emotional eater as well, lots of us do it hun, but you've got to feel so proud of yourself for how far you have come so far and its about 24lb, you've lost now isn't it? That really is good hun xx

Thanks nikki
I'm terrible as an emotional eater - will eat anything and everything in sight or not in sight.

today's food has been a bit rough

skipped brekkie again

lunch was a scrambled egg roll (HBX) with extra light mayo (1.5 syns)

tea was pasta n sauce (HXA) (0.5 syns) with cabbage
also a roll (HXB) with cheshire cheese (HXA) although i probably had more cheese than the 28g so there are a few syns there too (4 syns) with extra light mayo (2 syns)

so that's 8 syns for the day so far

Have decided that I'm gonna tell him tomorrow after WI so that's the plan - am chickening out from tonight as it took the boy ages to go to sleep and I didn't want to do it while he's about - my parents and sister are on holiday so there is no-one to take him for a day to let us talk about it as yet.

He doesn't have any support here - so I think it'll be easier for him if they are away - they are all back on Saturday anyway so it won't be long. And if things get too rough at home I can move into mum and dad's with my son as they do have a couple of spare rooms - although i'm hoping that it won't come to that.

Thank you Nikki - the deed is done and after discussion we will see what happens in 6 months time.

As for food wise today -

had a mint club
and a fibre plus bar (HXB)
lunch was 2 brown rolls with corned beef and cheshire cheese :cry:
Tea was McDonald's quarter pounder, large fries, a cheese burger and a chicken mayo burger. Also had a strawberry milkshake.

And then a magnum

Am not even going to bother working out the syns on that - will draw a line under it tomorrow morning

Am hoping that I will be able to stop the emotional eating for a while at least.

WI tonight - lost 3 lb's

However next WI is on Monday so only 4 days!!!! :eek:

Am regretting the McDonald's at the moment - the whole day really (food wise - nothing else)

But am hoping I can combat it by eating properly this week.

Have seen snuggles fishy week and am going to have a go at that till Monday in the hope that it will cover any damage I've done today!

Well done on the loss Rosie.. its a fab amount to loose :clap: :happy036:. I think Snuggle has set a trend on the Fish Week. I'm doing it all next week, although have had prawns and salmon this week already. But gonna stick with fish for both lunch and dinner. I'm sure it will boost our losses Rosie, tricking your body with diff foods, is supposed to kick it to loosing. So fingers crossed for your next weeks wi and mine too the following Monday xx

Thanks hun - are we allowed to eat the skin on fish do you know? It occured to me tonight when I had salmon

Brekkie today was an alpen bar - 3 syns

Was out and needed something to eat so had 2 fingers from a 4 finger kitkat - 5.5 syns

Lunch - scrambled eggs, beans, salmon, and a brown bread roll (HXB)

Tea - broccoli, cabbage, carrots, salmon and two baby pots - I didn't finish it as I didn't really want it

so I've had 8.5 syns so far today.

If I want anything later will try fruit or muller light's

Have only done 6500 steps today.

Hi Rosie

Yes, we can have the skin, I think it adds more fibre anyway. I totalled up 2500 steps on Thursday morning at work then went to the bank and dropped my cash card, as I bent to pick that up, the ped came flying off (how embarassing, lol), the assistant picked it up and looked at it and handed it back to me.. it was back to zero!! I couldnt be assed after that to keep it up, but did manage 4 km on the treadmill and 24 lengths as well. Need to get a new pedometer that stays on me, lol.

Hope you are having a good weekend, am working nights all weekend, but its not so bad and have planned to do Aqua straight after Wi on Monday so I don't treat myself to anything naughty, lol.. Then it'll be the start of the Fish week Tuesday.

xxx

Oh no - I hate it when the pedometer resets itself - I looked at mine today at lunchtime and it said 315 steps - I had already walked round town so knew it had been reset - think the baby caught it when he was playing. It's so annoying when it happens isn't it.

Good luck with the fish week next week :)

Today has not gone according to plan at all.

No-one had breakfast as the milk was off - couldn't even have my coffee! :(

The baby had to make do with just toast!

Lunch was a tuna and cheese omlette - didn't have beans or anything as I was planning on having a red day!

But then tea time went wrong - I held off on tea as I thought the travellers would be back and would call in - then got a phone call to say that they weren't coming to visit and ask if I could drop the dogs round

So I sorted the baby's tea out - then put him to bed, then took the dogs back and stayed to chat. Then by the time I got back I felt knackered -

so I bought chinese - chicken & beansprouts with oyster sauce - 4.5 syns had boiled rice so no syns there but I did have some of the other halfs chips - but it wasn't 10 syns worth so I'm still within syns for the day.

but I didn't manage a fishy day - on top of that tomorrow is EE as my dad is cooking sunday lunch for us all

and Monday is WI

I seem to have gone off all veg and fruit - need to try and get back into it again - just not sure how - am considering doing a green week next week just to try and get back into it again - but the problem is that I'm worried if I do that I could just go completely off track in total

I think I've worked out that the problem is that I'm not enjoying food anymore - just not sure how to get back to enjoying it again.

Hi Rosie

How about doing a Red week with 2 days Green? It'll give you the option to look forward to say pasta etc, but still within limits and not too many carbs either?

Sounds like we were both step'less, lol.. There must be one that stays put, will start looking this week.

Well done on choosing chinese that was on the plan and I'm sure those chips must be ok, it was within your syns hun :).

Have a good day and will catch up with you tomorrow. xxx

Back