Working Solutions Russian Doll - One Day at a Time

Well done Russiandoll,
3lbs is a great weight loss, you are bang on for a Stone drop per month (4.33 weeks ;)), so whatever you're doing, just stick to your guns and you'll be blitzing those stone markers.

It's nice to see the BMI figure dropping also, so every pound off is one step closer to a healthy weight & lifestyle

Conor

Diet-wise today was ok ... no cravings and no problems sticking with it. I found out that the Russian Doll necklace I ordered from Avon won't be coming as they're out of stock and not getting any more in - I was gutted. I was going to use it as a talisman throughout my journey. I think I may have found one somewhere else so fingers crossed.

I'm starting my second job on Monday and am having a rethink on how I can do the diet efficiently. At the moment I have half a bar before work, half a bar at break time, a shake for lunch and soup for dinner.
As from Monday, I'll be at work from 8am - 12.30pm then at job #2 from 5pm - 10pm. I want to have my bar during my evening job (a desk job) which means I can't have it in my morning job. As I don't want to take a shake to work, I've decided I might incorporate another bar into the diet (The Biggest Loser does one @ 132 cals).
Then I could have a shake before the morning job, a TBL bar with coffee when I get home at 1pm, a soup at 4pm just before I leave for the evening job and my bar in two halves through the evening.

I want to keep my blood sugars fairly level (being diabetic) and I think having just 3 packs over a working day that spans 14 hours might be a bit of a struggle. I plan to only have 3 packs if there are days I don't find it a problem.

Even with the BL bar, my calorie intake would be under 800 cals which still qualifies it as a VLCD and hopefully I'd stay in ketosis.

Any thoughts on this plan?

Did my first long day as I started job #2 (a day that stretches between 8am and 10pm). Not sure how this is going to affect things diet-wise - I think it'll take a week or so to find a routine that works.

I guess Friday's weigh in will show whether my '2 bars in a day' plan is working or has failed spectacularly. My plan is to still have a shake and soup for full nutrition so, basically, I'm having an extra meal with all that implies. Like I said though - we shall see :)

4 packs a day is SS+ technically isn't it? So in theory it should be ok, as long as you are able to remain in Ketosis (thinking bars have more carbs??). Anyway, we shall see on Friday as you say! I have my fingers crossed that it works for you. I hope you settle into your new job well xx

Well done RD! Thats brilliant x x x

4 packs a day is SS+ technically isn't it? So in theory it should be ok, as long as you are able to remain in Ketosis (thinking bars have more carbs??). Anyway, we shall see on Friday as you say! I have my fingers crossed that it works for you. I hope you settle into your new job well xx

If I remember rightly, the threshold for a VLCD is 800 and Exante TS is 600 so I think 4 packs still counts as a VLCD.

One of the bars is a Tesco one though - but it's still low carb (although not as low as the shakes I accept). Thing is, I'm trying to keep my diet low key and also spread the meals out so the bars are convenient for that. I know I may tip out of ketosis but the main impact of that will be I could get 'hungry' and it may slow my losses down marginally. I'm hoping it's only marginally anyway. I'm having the bars about 8 hours plus apart so I'm hoping that's enough time for my body to metabolise the carbs.

I'm basically trying to get through what is a very long working day as a diabetic on a VLCD so I'm willing to tweak things here and there (within reason) to get me through and keep my blood sugars stable - if it works and I still lose a couple of pounds then I'll carry on with it. If not, I'll have a rethink.

The acid test will be my weigh in on Friday morning :rolleyes:

I think it sounds very sensible and very workable. I used to do a diet led by Curves gym (the women only one) which was low carb led, and our carb limit per day was 80, which is more or less what 4 bars/packs a day add up to, so i think you should be fine. Even if you aren't in ketosis, you are still eating low calorie, so will still be in defecit x

Exante say 3 or 4 packs a day so you'll be fine ;)

Good luck Debs, I think you are taking a very balanced view and of course the diabetes angle is vital to consider.

I think the new work regime is going to be tough on you but I know you are determined and there is no stopping you!

Take care of you though, please!

If I remember rightly, the threshold for a VLCD is 800 and Exante TS is 600 so I think 4 packs still counts as a VLCD.

One of the bars is a Tesco one though - but it's still low carb (although not as low as the shakes I accept). Thing is, I'm trying to keep my diet low key and also spread the meals out so the bars are convenient for that. I know I may tip out of ketosis but the main impact of that will be I could get 'hungry' and it may slow my losses down marginally. I'm hoping it's only marginally anyway. I'm having the bars about 8 hours plus apart so I'm hoping that's enough time for my body to metabolise the carbs.

I'm basically trying to get through what is a very long working day as a diabetic on a VLCD so I'm willing to tweak things here and there (within reason) to get me through and keep my blood sugars stable - if it works and I still lose a couple of pounds then I'll carry on with it. If not, I'll have a rethink.

The acid test will be my weigh in on Friday morning :rolleyes:

You should be ok then I reckon! As long as it is getting you through the day and you still lose, that's all that matters :D How has today been? xx

Hi everyone

Thanks for your concern Barb. I think things are a little different this time around because I'm actually considering my daily lifestyle and balancing it against how I lose weight effectively. It's not worth making myself ill over but obviously I still want to stay on track.

So far, I'm finding it's working really well. I'm used to being satisfied with just half a bar ... a few mouthfuls and some coffee and, voila, hunger pangs gone for a few hours.

Today was a mixed bag. I had a tutor group to supervise through assembly, then a 'reasonably' good year 11 girls PE theory class followed by a blissfully well behaved sixth form study class. The final class of the day was year 9 Art. One lad made me want to tear my hair out ... he just doesn't know when to 'shut up' and argues the toss at every turn. The final straw came when he said 'you aren't using good sense' when I said I wanted a word with him after class. I turned and almost in a whisper said 'What did you just say?'. You could've heard a pin drop lol
The rest of the class made a hasty retreat (the bell had gone) and I did, indeed, have a little 'chat' with the young man concerned!

It was then home-time ... I did some laundry, cleaned the bathroom, nipped into town to pay in a cheque and do some food shopping ... home again ... changed .... and off to the office for five hours. My head is now brim full of numbers and acronyms!

So now I'm having some down time before bed. Then it starts all over again in the morning :rolleyes:

I'm glad to say that I'm managing to stick quite happily to my 'little and often' plan. Result on Friday :)

Hi Rd, best of luck juggling all the facets of your busy life. Might I suggest that you prioritise a short list, and prepare yourself for the possibility that you may have to sacrafice one of your priorities, especially for the first week while you aclimatise to the new regieme.

I wish you every success in your endeavours.

Best of luck,

Conor

Hi Rd, best of luck juggling all the facets of your busy life. Might I suggest that you prioritise a short list, and prepare yourself for the possibility that you may have to sacrafice one of your priorities, especially for the first week while you aclimatise to the new regieme.

I wish you every success in your endeavours.

Best of luck,

Conor

Thanks for your input Conor- I'm open to the possibility of having to shuffle things about in the early days. I have a busy life but I don't want a miserable one! :)

Thanks for reading and commenting - it's much appreciated

I think your doing amazingly well RD! So focused on the diet which is a real inspiration for me. Im sure the results on Friday will be good :) x

Gooooooooooood Morning RD! xx

You're sounding busy busy busy :) I'm sure your new plan will be working, the advantage of being busy is that you have less time to think about hunger/food/dieting, you just get on with it.

You also must have the patience of a saint being a secondary school teacher - my sister taught p.e and history for a year at secondary level, then had enough and moved to the south of france lol!!

Hi all - and thanks for the encouraging comments.

I had three HORRIBLE Spanish classes today. By the end of them I felt both physically and mentally exhausted. Being tired is a major trigger for me and when I got home, I just lost the plot and munched my way through a fair amount of sliced sandwich beef and the same again of sandwich chicken.

I feel pretty bad about it and have convinced myself my diet is trashed. In reality, it's not as bad as going berserk with the biscuit tin. Chances are I'll STS this week though. Time will tell.

I'm going to see if I can get a 30 minute power nap before I leave for my second job at 4pm.

Hugs to all

x

Well done Debs - that could have been sooooooooooooo much worse. See, even though you were wound up you still put your sensible hat on, I think that shows so much determination.

Kind of chuffed we are both Friday weighers too! Good luck to us!

I TOTALLY lost the plot at work tonight. Got there and realised I'd forgotten my bar.

By 8pm I was ravenous and all they have there is a vending machine. I should've just stayed hungry and had a soup at home but no - I had a special K bar ... full of carbs and sugar! So then my teeth were on edge because it was so sweet and I craved something savoury. So had a packet of crisps :cry:

And because I was so bloody annoyed with myself I thought I'd make matters even worse using logic ONLY a food addict can and had a bar of chocolate (well, I'd blown it - I might as well make the crater I was digging the size of the Grand Canyon!)

My only saving grace is that I was so bloody angry with myself that I nearly went for the hat-trick and stopped off at McDonalds on the way home but didn't.

I'm annoyed and I now KNOW I'll have gained by Friday. You can't eat that many carbs on this diet and not whack on a fair amount of glycogen. But - I'll just have to get back to it and take the consequences of my actions square on the chin.

Naughty, naughty me!!! :break_diet:

Back