Same flavour bar, different taste??

Lostris

Serena's title didn't fit
This is something I talked about with my CDC today. She recently got a new order in with the Peanut bars and I've noticed they taste differently..

Sometimes the wrapper is coloured differently or the bar is thicker/thinner...

Might be silly but; why is that? :s

sorry didn't like to read and run, wonder if they have revamped them slightly? i've only had one so can't compare

Hi,

Yes I thought they might.. I'm not from the UK but figure it can be the same out there so just wondered why there were different Peanut crunch bars hehe.

xx

hi there i love the peanut bars not noticed a change to them but will keep my taste buds alert x

I have even noticed a big difference between different batches of soups, especially the tomato.
My current order of Oriental Chilli has loads more bits in it, compared with the last batch.

i cant wait to go on to the bars next week - im not kidding... im ready to kill for them. Im hoping the toffee one is delish

YEs the toffee one is lovely, so is the choc one and the caramel - they have the texture and slight flavour of a very large cadbury's fudge finger!!! mmm

Can't say I've noticed a difference in taste recently - although the packaging is lighter coloured.

I too have noticed differences in batches regarding the choc coating and the texture of the middle.

Maybe if CD Counsellor looks at this thread she might be able to enlighten us?

Hi,

Yes it would be nice if CD Counselor could look at it.. Maybe it has something to do with different production places or........ something? I can't really think of anything else to be honest haha.

I like the peanut bars a lot less now.. they've got a strange after taste :(

Is it not just because they are different batches. I don't have the soups so can't comment. I bloody love those peanut bars though. I'm only allowed one a week after weigh in as I'm sensitive to them.

This is something I talked about with my CDC today. She recently got a new order in with the Peanut bars and I've noticed they taste differently..

Sometimes the wrapper is coloured differently or the bar is thicker/thinner...

Might be silly but; why is that? :s

Not noticed this. Important question: Is it is nice difference or a not so nice difference???

yes they did change them, they did smth to the packaging, but can't for the life of me remember why that was. i think it's more hermetically sealed or smth. the taste changed a bit with the cranberry ones, they're not as tasty as they were before, and the orange ones, even though still my favourite, are a bit more... hmm... floury??

Not noticed this. Important question: Is it is nice difference or a not so nice difference???

For me; not nice.. But I guess it's different for everyone. I liked the peanut bar I had friday more than the one I had yesterday.. :x It's not that it's terrible but there's something very distinctly different in the taste and I don't really like that lol.. maybe more saltish?? Don't know can't explain that well really...

xxx

The packaging recently changed on the bars to keep them fresher longer.

This was also circulated to CDC's recently in an elert:
Change of suppliers​
Our Technical Department are constantly reviewing the quality of the raw ingredients we buy from suppliers
and occasionally we have to change a supplier for commercial reasons. This in turn may lead to slight changes
in the flavours and colours of a limited number of products. However, if you or one of your customers have​
any queries about the taste or appearance of a product, you are always welcome to get in touch with us.

Hi,

Okido, thanks. :)

Though my counselor is not from the UK (as I don't live there) I'm not sure she received this ''note''. I am however, sure, we get our products from the UK so this could very well be the explanation I needed :)

Thanks !

eeew the peanut bar has a very awful aftertaste - gross. I only order a couple of choc bars now and have one cranberry to try out. I can't have one a day as they play havoc with my insides! so for me now its hot choc shakes and choc bars only! theres no porrige around so i hope i don't start hating the choc flavours.

Back