Santa Claus' Little Helpers Christmas Challenge 2013

Hi, Lexie! I've had a revisit of my goals, and would like to increase my target in this challenge to 10lbs, if you don't mind? From my recorded starting weight of 12st 5.5lbs, that will take me down to just under 11st 10lbs which is my magic BMI of 25 weight, lol. I need that focus to keep me motivated when I'm recovering from my gall bladder removal, which is scheduled for 10th October, gulp!

I probably won't update my weight for a few weeks, as I'm just starting a week's holiday with some very naughty treats planned, so it'll probably go up a few pounds initially, lol. So don't think I've run off! :D

Good luck, everyone!! :) xx

Hi, Lexie! I've had a revisit of my goals, and would like to increase my target in this challenge to 10lbs, if you don't mind? From my recorded starting weight of 12st 5.5lbs, that will take me down to just under 11st 10lbs which is my magic BMI of 25 weight, lol. I need that focus to keep me motivated when I'm recovering from my gall bladder removal, which is scheduled for 10th October, gulp!

I probably won't update my weight for a few weeks, as I'm just starting a week's holiday with some very naughty treats planned, so it'll probably go up a few pounds initially, lol. So don't think I've run off! :D

Good luck, everyone!! :) xx

Ok honey I'll change it now. If anyone can do it Mrs you can xx

Aww, thanks, Lexie! I've ummed and aahed and decided I might as well go for that "normal" BMI now I've come this, even if BMI is generally thought to be a load of old tosh nowadays, lol. :) xx

It might be thought as a load of old tosh it's surprising how many GP's still use BMI when they weigh you!

Good Luck everyone!
Liz x

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

LizB said:
It might be thought as a load of old tosh it's surprising how many GP's still use BMI when they weigh you!

Good Luck everyone!
Liz x

Oh, I know, lol. Did you see that programme the other night called The Men Who Made Us Thin? It was saying that up until the 1970s the top end of the normal BMI range was 27 but, based on some fairly insubstantial evidence, they dropped it to 25, thereby making millions of people around the world instantly overweight! :) xx

It's amazing what they will do to suit their own plans! I've not seen them yet. Is it any good or has it just been really annoying. I might try and catch up with it on iplayer! xxx

LizB said:
It's amazing what they will do to suit their own plans! I've not seen them yet. Is it any good or has it just been really annoying. I might try and catch up with it on iplayer! xxx

It was very interesting, actually. I'm now struggling to remember whether it was The Men Who Made Us Thin or The Men Who Made Us Fat that had the bit about BMI, but both programmes were interesting - they were on the same night on BBC2. Makes you realise how much harm the food industry has done in their pursuit of profit! :) xx

I can't really comment on that as I work for the soft drinks industry and I know we aren't always any better lol!

Sent from my iPad using MiniMins

LizB said:
I can't really comment on that as I work for the soft drinks industry and I know we aren't always any better lol!

Sent from my iPad using MiniMins

Lol, I know drinks can be a problem for some, but I prefer to eat my calories, not drink them, so I only drink black coffee and fruit tea really. :) xx

Hope I do better on this one :)

Well done! I'll check again later but I think I'm staying the same for last week. The birthday day turned into a birthday week. And although I've not had side effects from the xenical I wasn't as careful with calories etc and I think this is why I've sts. Back on track for this week though!

Good luck everyone :) x

Back