Sara Phoenix's Quit Smoking Diary

saraphoenix

I'm starting this purely to keep me focused; if it gets subscribers then that's an added bonus :)

Tomorrow is day 1. Have prepared myself a lot better this time, and am determined to make it through the day. I've got posters of positive quotes on my wall, to look at if I'm struggling. I've saved all the housework to keep myself busy. I'm enjoying a relaxing day today, and mentally preparing myself to take on the challenge!

The only thing that worries me is that I'll replace cigarettes with food... but, I have plenty of fruit in the house, so if I reach for that instead of a cigarette then it can't be a bad thing, right?!

I'm on a journey to be fit, healthy and smoke-free! Wish me luck? lol....

So, day 1 is nearly done; I'm feeling okay, not great, but not bad either.

I've encountered some really tough cravings today, but have rode them out and got through them. I used the 4 D method:
Delay - It will pass
Deep Breathing - x 5
Drink Water - sip slowly
Distract - Do something!
Seems to work!

Will soon be off to bed and day 1 will be complete. Here's to day 2, and it's going to be a busy one so should be easier!

Yay I got through day 1. And here I am, day 2 and doing fine so far!!

I think once you get past the first day, each day after that becomes easier. You know what to expect in regards to cravings and you're more prepared for them in a way. Or at least I feel more prepared. I'm handling them a lot better too it seems.

1 day, 10 hours and 24 minutes smoke free and proud! :D

I'm a regular smoker but i'm limiting this to the occasional cigarette if i'm out and about or stressed out about something. I always found quitting something straight away is the hardest thing to do with urges getting in the way. Keep up the good work though. Longest I lasted was about 3 weeks before having one.

I'm a regular smoker but i'm limiting this to the occasional cigarette if i'm out and about or stressed out about something. I always found quitting something straight away is the hardest thing to do with urges getting in the way. Keep up the good work though. Longest I lasted was about 3 weeks before having one.

I'm an all or nothing kinda girl, so had to go cold turkey with it or not at all lol. It's proper hard, but as each day passes I get stronger, and healthier! That's what matters to me.

Day 3 is almost done, and am feeling so proud of myself. Today has been pretty tough going, purely because it's the last of the nicotine leaving my body and it's really fighting it. But, I've remained strong and distracted myself whenever I've felt a craving, so all is well! Loving being a non-smoker :)

After a hard day yesterday, today has been a walk in the park! I'm quite surprised, but am feeling great! Day 4 is officially a good day :)

Well done, it will continue to get easier x

Day 5 has gone well; had a few bad cravings, but managed to distract myself and they soon passed. I'm feeling really good physically, and mentally too. So proud of myself and what I've achieved so far. :) 5 days down, 16 days to go. It takes 21 days to make or break a habit, so am aiming for 21 days smoke-free, then I should be all set to be smoke-free for life. Fingers crossed!!

I caved last night after two weeks smoke free. ...I don't even know why I did it. ...

totally not worth it either, all I could taste was fire, it was horrible! !!

deffo put me off having another one! !!

I caved last night after two weeks smoke free. ...I don't even know why I did it. ...

totally not worth it either, all I could taste was fire, it was horrible! !!

deffo put me off having another one! !!

Bless ya; I'm struggling today...

Day 6. Hardcore. That is all.

Day 7 almost done...

Today has definitely been a lot better compared to yesterday. I'm so glad that I didn't give in last night, I would of been so cross with myself and disappointed too.
But I stayed strong, despite it probably being the worst day for cravings so far!!! It was a proper hardcore day. Was so glad to get to bed last night, because I can't crave in my sleep lol.

1 week down....I CAN do this.

Day 8 has been a complete nightmare.

I've been an emotional wreck; constantly breaking down in tears for seemingly no reason!! Have nearly caved a couple of times now... desperately trying to hold out until bed time and hopefully get a good nights sleep and see things differently in the morning.

Day 9 and I caved and had 2 cigarettes. Tried to vape today and start again with a different approach, but all it's done is given me a fuzzy head and made me feel ill. So have smoked again :(

Day 1 again tomorrow!!

At least you have owned up to it and are straight back on the wagon. ... It's like your diet. ... If you do slip up get straight back on it and you'll soon find it easier x

Today hasn't gone so well either. Smoking again. I don't think I can do this :(

I noticed in your other thread that you're not well at the moment, I can totally understand that your will power will have gone out of the window. ... Have you tried any other nicotine replacement other than vaping? x

I noticed in your other thread that you're not well at the moment, I can totally understand that your will power will have gone out of the window. ... Have you tried any other nicotine replacement other than vaping? x

I've set a new quit date, Monday 9th Feb, and am going to use patches this time. I was prescribed them by my GP a couple months ago, but never used them. So going to give them a go and see how that goes. I don't think cold turkey is ever going to work long term for me! And yeah, not very well at all at the moment....

Hey Sara. How's it going? I am planning to quit smoking end of this month. I quit a few years back and stayed smoke free for almost three years. Don't ask me why I got back to smoking. But after smoking again for two years I am ready to quit again. I am smoking at least 30 a day. I really need to quit now. :(

Back