SaraC's Pescetarian Diary (SW & WW)

Good, not nice feeling out of sorts but glad your feeling better.
Hols was lovely, weather was fab and wasn't expecting that at all. Its our 4th time there and we've never had such amazing weather.
Were off the France on 19th for 3 days for my birthday, hubbie's pressie to me ( and some duty free perfume i hope lol )
xx

Enjoyed my foods today, especially my salad for lunch, was de-blummin-licious!!! ;) Felt completely better when I woke up this morning....really hoping the scales will pay off on Friday, here's hoping!!

Tuesday

Breakfast: 1/2 pot Onken FF Strawberry Yoghurt and 28g Special K Sustain (HEB) and Fresh Strawberries

Lunch: Linzi Inspired ;) Salad (Tomatoes, Red Onion, Spring Onions, Peppers, Beetroot, 3 New Potatoes, Boiled Eggs) with 1 tbsp Light Salad Cream (2 syns)

Tea: Quorn Stir Fry with Egg Noodles and 5 mini Spring Rolls (work out at 44cals each so 2 syns each = 10 syns) and 1 tbsp Hot Sweet Chilli Sauce (1.5 syns) and Soy Sauce

Snacks: 2 Alpen Light Bars (HEB), 4 Satsumas, punnet of cherry tomatoes, 2 Babybel

Drinks: 2l Water with NAS Squash, Tea

HEA: 2 Babybel

HEB: 2 Alpen Light Bars, 28g Special K Sustain

Superfree foods: Strawberries, Tomatoes, Red Pepper, Spring Onions, Red Onions, Edamame Beans, Beansprouts, Cabbage, Carrots, Satsumas

Syns: 1 tbsp Light Salad Cream (2 syns)
5 mini Spring Rolls (10 syns)
1 tbsp Hot Sweet Chilli Sauce (1.5 syns)
WW Chocolate Dessert (2.5 syns)

Total Syns: 16 syns

Leftover syns: 38.5/105 syns​

Last edited:
I'm glad you enjoyed your Linzi inspired salad :) haha.

Glad you're feeling better!

Question: which WW dessert is the one you had?! Only 2.5 Syns....is it tiny?! I'm in chocolate mode and comfort eating...need some low syn goodies as I have hiden away all my high syn goodies...!! x

I'm glad you enjoyed your Linzi inspired salad :) haha.

Glad you're feeling better!

Question: which WW dessert is the one you had?! Only 2.5 Syns....is it tiny?! I'm in chocolate mode and comfort eating...need some low syn goodies as I have hiden away all my high syn goodies...!! x

Yes I should have re-named my lunch my Linzi Salad :8855:

Yeah the WW is the "Rich Chocolate Dessert" and it is only tiny and tbh it wasn't that nice so I may donate it to hubby who doesn't have to worry about his weight, lucky bugger! :p

Sorry to hear you've had a crap day at work, hope it's a better one tomorrow x

Well I had Rice twice today (hehe that rhymes!! ;) ) as hubby didn't know what I'd had for lunch so did the "Beef"(Quorn Strips) Tomato with Boiled Rice bless him!! We had SW Quiche down with wedges but stoopid Asda didnt deliver the VLF Cottage Cheese with our shopping this week so hubby improvised, bless his cottons!! He didn't realise that sugar would be synned so he put some in and it's only now when I was asking him what was in it he said. 10/10 for trying though :p

Well I think I have done really well this week, I have had lots of Superfree and Superspeed foods so I am really hoping for a good loss on the scales on Friday, I really don't want to have to give SW up as I enjoy it so much but we will have to see.

Wednesday

Breakfast: 1/2 pot Onken FF Strawberry Yoghurt and 28g Special K Sustain (HEB) and Fresh Strawberries

Lunch: Asda Chickpea Dhal and Uncle Bens Express Long Grain Rice (1 syn)

Tea: "Beef" (Quorn Steak Strips) Tomato (Tomatoes, Mushrooms, Carrots, Peas, Sweetcorn, Green Beans, 1tsp sugar (1 syn), Knorr Stock Pot) with Boiled Rice

Snacks: 2 Alpen Light Bars (HEB), 4 Satsumas, punnet of cherry tomatoes, 2 Babybel (HEA)

Drinks: 2l Water with NAS Squash, Tea

HEA: 2 Babybel

Superfree foods: Strawberries, Tomatoes, Cabbage, Carrots, Satsumas, Green Beans, Mushrooms

Syns: Uncle Bens Express Long Grain Rice (1 syn)
1tsp sugar (1 syn)

Total Syns: 2 syns

Leftover syns: 36.5/105 syns​

Thanks hun, me too!! I deserve it for being so good!! ;) I said half jokingly to my Hubby that if I don't lose this week I am going to have a Dominoes, lots of wine and chocolate, his face lit up and he said "I can't wait for that!!" bless him :p

Tea for One and One for Tea!! Hubby is out practising with his band tonight and my sister who lives with us is out so I have been able to pick any tea I wanted so picked my Ultimate Comfort tea of Fishfingers, Chips, Cheese & Beans, yummmy!!! :p

Finished my 35 hours over 4 days in work at 5.45pm today which means that I have all tomorrow with my little girl, we have so much fun on our Fridays together but I tend not to eat too well as I'm more concerned about getting her to eat than me!! I am going to take some Frozen Berries out of the freezer to defrost and have them with some Onken Vanilla FF Yoghurt in the morning and Special K Sustain and hopefully that will keep me going until we get home from Baby Group in the afternoon :D

Thursday

Breakfast: 1/2 pot Onken FF Strawberry Yoghurt and 28g Special K Sustain (HEB)

Lunch: Baked Sweet Potato with melted Babybel (HEA) and 150g GFY Pineapple Cottage Cheese (1.5 syns)

Tea: 200g McCain Rustic Chips (2 syns), 4 Fishfingers (10 syns), 28g Cheddar (HEA) and Baked Beans

Snacks: 2 Alpen Light Bars (HEB), 1 Satsuma, punnet of cherry tomatoes, punnet of Strawberries

Drinks: 2l Water with NAS Squash, Tea, Diet Coke

HEA: 2 Babybel, 28g Cheddar

Superfree foods: Strawberries, Tomatoes, Satsumas, Baked Beans

Syns: 150g GFY Pineapple Cottage Cheese (1.5 syns)
200g McCain Rustic Chips (2 syns),
4 Fishfingers (10 syns)
Total Syns: 13.5 syns

Leftover syns: 23/105 syns​

Completely gutted :( Despite me being 100% for the past few weeks and recording everything that has passed my lips, that godforesaken lb came back to haunt me this morning :( I really don't know what to do? Call Target now or try again this week maybe with a few off plan days to see if that kickstarts my loss?

Been really, really down today which really isn't like me, I'm so pee'd off with making so much effort and not seeing the results on the scales, off out to my friends birthday party now so I am going to have a few vodka's!! I am going to take Allie's advice and try and do a full week of Red Days from tomorrow, wish me luck!!

Friday - Green Day

Breakfast: 1/2 pot Onken FF Strawberry Yoghurt and 28g Special K Sustain (HEB)

Lunch: Strawberries and Cherry Tomatoes, Boots sushi (2.5 syns), half pack PomBear Crisps (3 syns)

Tea: Cod Fillet (HEB), SW Chips and Mushy Peas with 1 tbsp Reggae Reggae Sauce (1.5 syns)

Drinks: Tea (0.5 syn for milk), Diet Coke, 3 double vodka & Diet Cokes (15 syns)

HEA: None

HEB: 28g Special K Sustain, Cod fillet

Superfree foods: Strawberries, Tomatoes, Mushy Peas

Syns:Boots sushi (2.5 syns)
Half pack PomBear Crisps (3 syns)
1 tbsp Reggae Reggae Sauce (1.5 syns)
Tea (0.5 syn for milk)
3 Double Vodka & Diet Coke (15 syns)
Total Syns: 22.5 syns

Leftover syns: 82.5/105 syns​

Last edited:
This is the plan so far for my Red Day, it's not the best day to start it to be honest as we're now having an Indian Takeaway tonight courtesy of my sister & her hubby, I am going to go for a King Prawn dish and share Pilau Rice with my hubby to try & get my syns down.

I was planning to do Surf & Turf tonight with Quorn Peppered Steaks, King Prawns and salad but my sister doesn't really like Surf or Turf so I got a bit unstuck as our weekly shop doesn't arrive until between 7-9pm tonight :8855: We are also going to be having a few drinks watching the football but I am going to stick to single vodka's instead of doubles!

Saturday - Red Day

Breakfast: Mixed Berries, 1/2 pot Onken FF Strawberry Yoghurt and 28g Special K Sustain (HEB)

Lunch: 198g New Potatoes (HEB) with 1/2 can Tuna and 56g melted cheddar on top (HEA*2) with loads of salad (Lettuce, Carrots, Peppers, Onions) and 1 tbsp Salad Cream Light (2 syns)

Tea - King Prawn Dhanksak (6.5 syns) with 1/2 portion of Pilau Rice (4.5 syns), 28g Chapati (3 syns)

Drinks: , NAS Squash and water, Diet Coke, 4 vodka & Diet Cokes (10 syns)

HEA: 56g Cheddar (*2)

HEB: 28g Special K Sustain, 198g New Potatoes

Superfree foods: Lettuce, Carrots, Peppers, Onions, strawberries, blueberries, redcurrants, blackberries, raspberries

Syns: King Prawn Dhanksak (6.5 syns)
1/2 portion of Pilau Rice (4.5 syns)
1 tbsp Salad Cream Light (2 syns)
4 Single Vodka & Diet Coke (10 syns)
28g Chapati (3 syns)
Total Syns: 26 syns

Leftover syns: 56.5/105 syns​

Last edited:
I must admit I am really not enjoying Red Days :wave_cry: It is second nature to me doing Green Days and I seem to go hungry on Red Days (it is probably mostly my fault for not coming up with things to eat) but I did myself proud at lunchtime and teatime today, I think I just need to get into the zone! I went and bought some veggie hairbo-style sweets which I have wrapped up into 6 syn clingfilm wraps, to treat myself at the end of the day, do you like the way I am psychologically gearing myself up ;) ! Despite me not enjoying doing Red Days I am determined to see them through until Friday!

Sunday - Red Day

Breakfast: 2 Pieces WW Thick Bread (HEB), 2 Dairylea Light Triangles (2 syns) and Vegemite

Lunch: Sort of a Ploughmans!! Peppers, Tomatoes, 56g Cheshire Cheese (HEA*2), 2 Quorn Burgers (1 syn), 1/2 tub GFY Red Pepper & Chilli Cottage Cheese (1 syn), 1/2 tbsp Salad Cream Light (1 syn), Sweet silverskin pickled onions (yumyumyum! ;))

Snacks: Blueberries and Strawberries, 1 Giant Strawberry sweet (2 syns)

Tea - "Surf 'n' Turf (Quorn Peppered Steaks, King Prawns, 198g New potatoes (HEB - made into wedges), Broccoli, Cauliflower, Cabbage, Roasted Red Onions with 1 tbsp Horseradish Sauce (1 syn)

Drinks: NAS Squash and water, Diet Coke, Tea (0.5 syns for milk)

HEA: 56g Cheshire Cheese (*2)

HEB: 2 pieces WW Thick Bread, 198g New Potatoes

Superfree foods: Tomatoes, Peppers, Onions, strawberries, blueberries, cabbage, broccoli, cauliflower

Syns: 2 Dairylea Light Triangles (2 syns)
2 Quorn Burgers (1 syn)
1/2 tub GFY Red Pepper & Chilli Cottage Cheese (1 syn)
1/2 tbsp Salad Cream Light (1 syn)
1 Giant Strawberry sweet (2 syns)
1 tbsp Horseradish Sauce (1 syn)
Splash of milk for Tea (0.5 syn)

Total Syns: 8.5 syns

Leftover syns: 48/105 syns​

Here is a pic of my tea tonight (hopefully!!)

Attachments

• DSC01686.JPG
    DSC01686.JPG
    58.4 KB · Views: 35
I have come to the conclusion that Red Days don't make me hungry, I just think that they make me hungry and if I plan enough and fill up on free foods I will be ok!! Needless to say my body is protesting about so much fruit and veg and I am feeling rather flatulent :8855: (TMI!!)I was also reminded by my current craving for anything sweet and sugary that * week is waiting for me at the end of this week, I don't know whether this will impact on any possible weightloss this week but I damn well hope not!! :mad:

We have salads for lunch every day this week so I am trying to do different extras with it each day!

I must resist the sweets......I must resist the sweets......I must resist the sweets....

Added - I was about to go & raid the cupboards when I took inspiration from Linzi's post and used my other HEA for some semi-skimmed milk and made myself a milky Cadbury's Fudge Highlights hot chocolate, at only 2.5 syns, I don't know what damage I would have done to those sweets if I would have started! ;)

Monday - Red Day

Breakfast: Onken Vanilla Fat Free Yoghurt with 28g Special K Sustain and fresh strawberries

Lunch: Tuna Salad (Tuna, Lettuce, Carrots, Peppers, Tomatoes, Cabbage, 28g Cheshire Cheese (HEA), 1/2 tub GFY Sweet Chilli & Red Pepper Cottage Cheese (0.5 syn)

Snacks: 3 Giant Strawberry sweets (6 syns), 2 Alpen Light Bars (HEB), Cherry tomatoes, Apple, 3 satsumas

Tea - Quorn Peppered Steaks with Roasted Veg (Peppers, Onions, Green Beans) with 2 Iceland Yorkshires (which were smaller than the Aunt Bessies batters so 4 syns for the 2) and 1tsp Bisto (1 syn)

Drinks: 2l NAS Squash and water, Diet Coke, Tea (0.5 syns for milk)

HEA: 28g Cheshire Cheese, 250ml semi skimmed milk

HEB: 28g Special K Sustain, 2 Alpen Light Bars

Superfree foods: Tomatoes, Peppers, Onions, strawberries, cabbage, Green Beans, Lettuce, Carrots, Satsumas, Apple

Syns:
3 Giant Strawberry sweets (6 syns)
2 Iceland Yorkshire Batters (4 syns)
1tsp Bisto (1 syn)
3 tsp Highlights Fudge Hot Chocolate (2.5 syns)
Total Syns: 13.5 syns

Leftover syns: 34.5/105 syns​

Last edited:
Seems like you're doing good on a red day Sara :) how are you feeling? Are you enjoying eating more fish with lots of veg/salad and fruit? Hope it pays off :)

I know what you mean about the chocolate/sweets...I just ate a curly wurly, a funsize flake and had an options hot chocolate (at least it's all in plan I suppose lol)....I hate being a girl!!!! x

Seems like you're doing good on a red day Sara :) how are you feeling? Are you enjoying eating more fish with lots of veg/salad and fruit? Hope it pays off :)

I know what you mean about the chocolate/sweets...I just ate a curly wurly, a funsize flake and had an options hot chocolate (at least it's all in plan I suppose lol)....I hate being a girl!!!! x

Hiya, Thanks for dropping by!!

Yes well at least I am making an effort, I find on Red Days that I am using more syns for "normal" food things whereas on Green Days I fill up on pasta etc. It has certainly showed me how many carbs I usually eat but I must admit I am planning in my head all the scrummy carb laden SW friendly foods we can have from Saturday ;) Hehe :)

I really really want sweet stuff but I can't possibly eat any more fruit or veg, I think I am heating up the house with my flatulence at the moment :8855:

Note to self: don't visit Sara's house or anywhere near on a red day :p ;) x

Save on your gas bill so no worries ;)

Haha, I wouldn't mind but I have been freezing in work all day, came home and got my most unsexy but warm & comfy jamas on and have been keeping myself warm with my own central heating system ever since, nice ;) I often wonder why my husband married me ;)

Note to self: don't visit Sara's house or anywhere near on a red day :p ;) x

If you hear of sudden gale force winds on the Wirral or Liverpool you know where it's come from ;) xx

Back