Sarah83's Tasty Food Diary

Well I had an AMAZING time canoeing at the weekend - totally different and so much fun, even if we did all get very very wet!! The B&B was really nice too.

Although I was paying for it yesterday - I think every muscle in my entire body was acheing. Luckily a lot better today with just my back and arm hurting now!!

Food-wise I wasn't so bad... Saturday breakfast at home was good, then had totally SW friendly picnic - chicken drumsticks, cous cous, HB eggs and mini quiches. Then dinner in the B&B was a fishy platter for starter between me and hubby - grilled sardine, clams, prawns and (not so good) whitebait and oily dipping sauce :eek:
Main I had crab linguini in a tomato sauce which did have a bit of cream in but not too much. Then I tasted a couple of other people's desserts (which obviously doesn't count!!)

I did drink so much wine though through the day...

Yesterday had a healthy breakfast at the B&B too and we were home by 12 so stuck to SW meals while watching the appalling footie yesterday.

Now with no obvious obstacles coming up I am going to try a 100% week sticking to my 15 syn limit each day rather than carrying over... here goes!

100% - Day 1

Monday 28th June - Green

Breakfast: (At home) 1 coffee with dash of milk (part of HexA) Quorn sausage toasted sandwich (HexB) with brown sauce (1syn)
(at work) green tea

Throughout the morning: 750ml bottle of water, Alpen Light Choc fudge (half HexB) and toffee muller

Lunch: Pasta salad made with leftovers from the fridge!! inc green pepper, spring onion, cucumber and EL salad cream (2syns)

Throughout the afternoon: 750ml bottle of water, fruit salad from Boots, Shapers Blueberry and yoghurt nougat bar (4.5syns) tried after seeing on here - was very sweet though and I feel a bit sick now - probably good if you were really in the mood for something sweet!

Dinner: Had a stunning dinner!! Made a lentil dahl curry with olive oil (half HexB) and served with rice - absolutely stunning, will post recipe in the recipe forum.

Through the evening: 2 coffees using HexA milk, SF squash and small glass red wine (4.5syns)

Total Syns: 12

Last edited:
Glad you enjoyed the canoeing and had a fab time, I canoed when i was at school and loved it, not sure i could manage it now but you never no!! loving the diary :)

It really was fab but ouch I hurt (I can be such a baby)!!

We're going to do it again next year when hopefully our canoe will be an awful lot lighter than it was Saturday!

You should try it again - it was dead easy. I was really worried about it but it really was easy peasy - definately more fun with more of you though x

100% Day 2

Away to Bromley with work today so had a Mix2Max day as didn't know what lunch would be...

Tuesday 29th June - Mix2Max

Breakfast: 2 egg omelette with Quorn sausage and baked beans

During meeting: 1 Alpen Light (half HexB), M&S Mini milkshake lolly - like a mini milk so counting 1.5syns

Lunch: 2 quarter triangles of chicken salad sandwich on wholemeal (HexB). Don't think there was any spread/butter but will count 2 syns just in case. With a banana and orange wedges

On the way home: Apple, pear

Dinner: Tesco healthy choices chicken in tom and basil sauce, topped with cheese (HexA) 100g new potatoes (half HexB), carrots and green beans. Followed by loads of cherries

Other HexA used for milk in 4 coffees

Total syns: 3.5 :D

That's what I did - had loads of fruit, Alpen lights and yoghurt just in case!! Luckily our lunchtime buffets always seem to be the same so I pretty much knew what to expect and saved my HexB's

100% - Day 3

Wednesday 30th June - Green

Breakfast: A coffee with part of HexA milk, 'fried' egg on 2 slices wholemeal (HexB) with some Clover Light (1 syn)

Throughout the morning: 750ml bottle water, French Fries (4 syns), a very small handful of dried bluberries - 12 to be precise ??? Wasn't much and they're 4.5 syns for 28g so I'll count 2 just in case

Lunch: Salad of lettuce, carrot, red cabbage, spring onion, tomato, red pepper, cucumber, HB egg and cottage cheese

Throughout the afternoon: 750ml bottle water, celery sticks, vanilla and choc sprinkles muller, 2 plums

Dinner: Decided to stick with my green day and have 1 syn Quorn burger (first time I've tried) served in 2 slices of wholemeal (HexB) - aaagh no rolls topped with cheese, onion, lettuce, tomato and a bit of relish (0.5 syns)
Served with SW chips, baked beans and ketchup (1syn)

And my rice pudding is in the oven yum yum yum yum using my HexA milk

Total Syns: 9.5

Last edited:
Oooh thanks haven't tried those. These are the first meat free burgers I've tried (think I was a bit scared before even though I love the sausages!!). But thought they were really nice and even hubby liked them shock horror!

Where can you get these ones from? I'll try them out

100% - Day 4

Eek - WI later at work slimming club, not sure how it'll go as although I canoed and been really good since Monday. Friday wasn't great (oops Dominos pizza) and I did drink an awful lot on Saturday too...

Really need to start incorporating some excercise into my routine - trouble is me and hubby are both lazy and feel we're entitled to chill out time after working hard !! ;)

Think I'll try and get on the Wii fit tonight or do one of the excersise routines I've sky plus'ed from the excersise channels...

Thursday 1st June - Green

Breakfast: 2 coffees at home with milk from HexA. Fibre plus bar (HexB) when I got to work

Throughout the morning: 750ml bottle of water, S&S mugshot (starving as I didn't eat b'fast at home :mad:)

Lunch: Same as yesterday as really yummy - mixed SF salad with cottage cheese and HB egg

Throughout the afternoon: another 750ml bottle of water and half again (lots of water today!), 2 plums, 1 pear and a vanilla muller

Pre-dinner: 2 quarter-ish pieces of delish cupcakes (9syns) with a coffee

Dinner: Change of plan again... as I didn't actually have any risotto rice left!! So I still made risotto but with a black truffle mix I got from Lidl (very exotic!!) all the ingredients were free (rice, mushroom, truffle, onion) so guessing the mix was free. Made with HexB olive oil some wine (2syns per portion), chicken stock and HexA parmesan with a couple of drops truffle oil on top (made sure I didn't use the full 2tbsp for me and hubby to cook with!). mmm was very tasty

Supper: Made SW crisps in the microwave. I know they can be classed as food abuse but I'm really not going to have them often - too much effort. Plus I keep burning them...

Total syns: 11

Last edited:
Well I STS

Not gutted though as I could have had a gain after my escapades at the weekend - I think I managed to limit the damage.

And tbh I feel much better today - my clothes feel looser and I feel less bloated so I definately think my 100% week will give me a great loss next week (just got to hope I don't blow it on the weekend!)

Onwards and Downwards!!
:party0019:

Cupcakes are evil

AAAAGHHH came home to find 2 beautiful cupcakes which MIL dropped off after going to London for a couple of days - from somewhere in Covent Garden.
So... I worked out that most cake is 5.5syns per 28g and cut about a quarter of each which worked out as just under 9 syns.

And they were SCRUMPTIOUS

Good job I'm on my 100% week I'm sure I would have given in otherwise... and worked out they were 20 syns each :eek:

Hubby was happy enough eating the rest of them though ...

Oooh thanks haven't tried those. These are the first meat free burgers I've tried (think I was a bit scared before even though I love the sausages!!). But thought they were really nice and even hubby liked them shock horror!

Where can you get these ones from? I'll try them out

Js - Sainsburys :)
xx

Diary's are looking good, love reading other peoples, get some good Ideas, I can get a bit samie and can lose intrest, so trying to vary my days, must also go to Sainsburys and get some of these burgers!

100% - Day 5

Well I am feeling pretty excited this morning as I'm going to watch the X Factor auditions tonight yay yay yay

:bliss:

Does mean I'm not going to have time for dinner, so here's my plan:

Breakfast: 2 coffees with HexA milk, 'fried' egg on toast with some Clover light (1 syn) - I think I'd forgotten how good toast tastes with butter on!!

Throughout the morning: 750ml bottle water

Lunch: Jacket potato with beans

Before I leave work: S&S mugshot

While queuing tonight and on the train home: 2 Alpen Lights (HexB), 4syn bag of french fries and a couple of pears.

When I got home about 11.15 I had 3 light babybells (HexA) and a glass of wine (6.5 syns)

Total syns: 11.5 syns

Last edited:
Hope you have a fab evening!! and well done for not going to the Mackie D :)

Well the X Factor auditions were fab (apart from queuing for 4 hours to get in!) and there were a couple of great acts and a couple of funny ones.
Was great to see Simon, Cheryl, Louis and Dermot, plus Pixie Lott was a guest judge and she was really good too.

BUT... ... Yesterday was a BAD day - well it was actually a very good day but not for the diet ;)

Me and hubby spent the day in Cardiff Bay. Had a good 2 course lunch, then drank lots and lots of wine in the sunshine and had a very BAD 2 course dinner (it was an Italian and involved lots of bread based products... need I say more?)

We did have a lovely day though and it was completely unplanned so I don't feel bad at all

Back