Sarah83's Tasty Food Diary

I have a weekend of temptation ahead of me.
Visiting my Dad on the Isle of Wight and I've told him I'm dieting so he'll try and be good food-wise but he does like to show off so I'm not sure it'll be as good as it needs to be!
Also there will be lots of wine... and I've managed to forget my trusty pad I write all my syns in and my SW book - Aagghhh

And to beat all that I won't be able to come back on here until Sunday night.

Wish me luck!!
xx

Good luck and have a nice time away.

Q

Thanks Queenie, I'm really looking forward to it!
Just hope the weather holds out - I haven't even packed any proper shoes only flip flops and don't have a jacket
I'm counting on sunshine

Well I had a lovely weekend - and travel to and from was full of festival goers!!

Don't think I did too badly foodwise - all meals were pretty SF. Did drink quite a lot of wine though!

Got a first aid course for work Monday to Wednesday this week. Lunch is provided but no idea what it will be. I'll try it out on the first day but if it's all sandwiches and crisps then I'll be taking a salad in Tuesday and Wednesday...

Monday 14th June - Mix2Max

Well today was day 1 of my first aid course - really good but scary how much you need to know in case a situation does come up. Food not too bad - had choice of baguette, panini or sandwich. So saved my HexBs for wholemeal bread and managed to have a syn free lunch.
Trouble is I'm not used to having bread during the day, as it plays my IBS up. Thought I'd be ok as having a bit more active day but no... have been in agony and all bloated all afternoon :mad: so hopefully they'll do me a salad tomorrow

Here's what I've eaten today:

Breakfast (green): Tomato and red onion omelette with baked beans and sauteed mushrooms

Lunch (Red): Ham salad sandwich (2 x Hex Bs)

Dinner (Red): Chicken salad with SW coleslaw (1 syn) and cheese (HexA)

Snacks and syns: Grapes, milk in coffee (HexA), 2 finger kit kat (5.5syns)

Total syns: 6.5

Syns remaining for the week: 98.5 / 105

Last edited:
Tuesday 15th June - Mix2Max

Breakfast (Green): Beans on toast (HexB) and a little bit of cheese (half HexA)

Lunch (Red): Chicken salad

Dinner (Green): Pasta with leeks, carrot, garlic, passatta and haricot beans, with cheese (HexA)

Snacks/Syns: Milk in coffee (half HexA), pear, Fab lolly (4syns), Fibre plus bar (HexB)

Total syns: 4

Syns remaining: 94.5/105

Last edited:
I just figured it would work best for me this week when I'm very restricted on what I'm eating on this course.
I've decided to try and go for Green or Red mainly now - looking at the other threads on here I think red definately gives the best losses so going to try and incorporate it more into my diet - it's so expensive though compared to green!!

I'll probably just have a couple of extra easy days maybe at the weekend... it's the third superfree I struggle with - esp at breakfast, but I'm going to try and have a third superfree whichever plan I'm following as I reckon that might be key...

Woo Hoo I passed my first aid course - I am now qualified to help save lives!! :bliss:

Trouble is as the course has now ended I feel like it's Friday...

Wednesday 16th June: Red

Breakfast: Sauteed mushrooms and fried egg on toast (HexB)

Lunch: Chicken salad

Dinner: 'sausage' patties made from lean pork mince, onion and parsley, served with wedges (HexB), carrots and runner beans

Snacks & Syns: Pear, 3xBabybell lights (HexA), Milk in coffee (HexA), leftover chicken and brown sauce (1syn)
Bottle of dry white wine (24)

Total Syns: 25

Oops what happened??? I think a combination of yay I passed the course and the mental exhaustion of it led me to drink a bottle of wine the night before weigh in - AAAGH! Still I didn't have too many syns Monday & Tuesday so not beating myself up over it...

Syns remaining for the week: 69.5 / 105

Last edited:
Thursday 17th June - Green

Breakfast: Fibre Plus when I got to work (HexB)

Lunch: Pasta salad with mixed leaves, haricot beans, red pepper, tomato and spring onion and salad cream (1 syn)

Dinner: Made Swedish style pork (HexB) meatballs - worked out at 3 syns for the whole thing. Served with crushed new potatoes (4syns for the lot), runner beans and peas. Total syns for my serving - 3.5

Snacks & Syns: Milk in coffee (HexA), apple, grapes, Kit Kat (5.5)

Total Syns: 10

Syns remaining for the week: 59.5/105

Last edited:
Yay just weighed it and I've lost 3lbs!! (that same 3 I put on while having my 'time off plan'!!

Made me really determined to carry on now

Thanks Claire, I'm so pleased, it's really given me the boost to try even harder! Just wish I could catch up with you - you're doing really well! Well done!
x

Yay it's Friday!!!

... And it's payday - even better!! :bliss:

Friday 18th June - Green

Breakfast: Beans and cheese (HexA) on toast (Hex B)

Lunch: Spanish omelette made with spring onions, pepper, new pots and tomato (and eggs obviously!)

Dinner: Right... I'm going to cheat a bit here, but only because I need to eat through some of the freezer.

I'm having a syn free chicken and potato curry which I made last month and counting the chicken as a HexB choice - there wasn't that much chicken in there so I'm hoping it's about the right amount!!
Served with rice and maybe some SW chips...

Syns and snacks: Milk in coffee (HexA), apple

Oops, ended up going to the pub after work which involved some wine (14syns) and some vodka (7.5syns)

But instead of something naughty on the way home I had a mugshot when I got home...

Total syns: 21.5

Syns remaining for the week: 38 / 105

Will probably use most of my remaining syns on Saturday as out for dinner, then keep to a minimum on Sunday

Last edited:
Saturday 19th June- EE

Breakfast: Tomato pasta mugshot

Lunch: Salad with mixed leaves, radish, tomato, red onion, calamari and prawns - YUM YUM

Dinner Dillemma: Am going to TGI Friday's for a friends birthday...

I know I'm not going to stick to plan as it's not the healthiest place to go!! BUT I've had a look at the menu and am prob going to go for: Jack Daniels sesame chicken strips and a Jack Daniels chargrilled salmon salad... hopefully won't have too bad an affect at WI!!

Snacks/Syns: Vodka lime and soda with my lunch in the garden (2.5syns)

Well yesterday didn't quite turn out to plan... in the end we went to Jamies Italian which I have been dying to go to for Months and months and months :eat:

... so clearly I was going to eat whatever I wanted!! On the plus side I had saved 1 HexA and 2 HexBs to use for cheese in the starter and all the oil it would have been cooked with!!

Here's what I had:

Starter: To share we had mixed breads - ciabatta, foccacia, grissini and snap bread (wasn't a lot of it all thank god) and mushrooms baked in thyme and smoked mozarella

Main Course: I had scallops, which I thought would be a salad but turned out to be 4 amazingly fresh scallops wrapped in pancetta sitting on some tomato in their shells and a 5th shell with a small fennel and lemon salad. Very Grand... very delicious... very small.

So I was still hungry and went to the dreaded dessert menu
Dessert: Lemon curd tart served with pistacios, raspberries and orange creme fraiche.

To drink I had a lemonade (non diet) and 2 glasses of wine.

So Yes I completely blew it but the food was AMAZING so I definately don't regret it :cool:

Yesterday was a BAD day :break_diet:

It started off well with a good brekkie, then 1st mistake was not having any lunch so from 3pm it all started going rapidly downhill

I won't go into detail but I definately went over and over and over my syns by about a trillion!!

Anyway I'm drawing a line underneath the weekend and starting the new week as a fresh week.
Although I will try and have more red days, plus eat lots of speed food to try and help me out!

Monday 21st June - Red

Breakfast: 2 coffees with HexA milk at home, 2 Alpen light bars when I got to work. Also going to start from today having a green tea when I get to work each morning... taste will take some getting used to!!

Lunch: Salad made with lettuce, toms, cucumber, onion, celery, red pepper, radishes (All Speed foods) plus FF cottage cheese and turkey S

Dinner (what was supposed to be yesterday's dinner!!): Roast chicken S, roasted new potatoes (Hex B), runner beans S, boiled and roasted carrots S, roasted butternut squash S

Snacks & Syns: Banana & Custard muller, pear S, carrot sticks S, 1.5Lts water at work, damn that half bottle of wine in the fridge!! 12 syns

Edit - oh no why did I buy those curly wurly's on the weekend???

Total syns: 18 syns - doh

Syns remaining for the week: 87/105

Last edited:
I must resist the cakes...

Today I have a challenge - I'm selling cakes in work for charity and I must not eat any of them.
""I can do this I can do this""

Tuesday 22nd June - Red Edit - had to change to EE as my lunchtime salad bowl I ordered turned up with pasta in it!!!

Breakfast: Coffee using part of HexA, Quorn sausage, 'fried' egg and plum tomatoes on 2 WM toast (HexB) -
all went horribly wrong though this morning, managed to burn the toast, forgot to turn the sausage so all burnt on one side, the egg stuck to the pan and my tomatoes exploded in the micro!! Not a good start to the day
:sign0007:

Lunch: Turkey pasta salad with lettuce, tomato, cucumber and onion

Dinner: Ended up making a stir fry with chicken, noodles, mushrooms, spring onions, mange touts and baby corn with garlic, ginger, 5 spice and sweet chilli sauce (1.5syns) on 2/3 of my plate, with stir fried peppers on 1/3 (OH doesn't like peppers so easier to do seperately)

Snacks & Syns: Vanilla and choc sprinkle Muller Light, grapes, strawberries, nectarines

Total Syns: 1.5

Syns remaining for the week: 85.5/105

Last edited:
Back