Sarah83's Tasty Food Diary

Wednesday 23rd June - ended up having a red day

Breakfast: 2 coffees at home using milk from HexA, 2 Quorn sausages and tinned toms on toast (HexB)
A green tea when I got to work

Lunch: Superfree quiche made with sauteed peppers and spring onions, Roasted butternut squash, cottage cheese and eggs topped with sliced toms.

Dinner: Really not hungry so made a chicken and cheese (HexA) salad with HM coleslaw, but ended up eating about half the chicken, all of the cheese and just picked a bit at the salad and coleslaw

Syns and snacks: Pear and Carrot sticks at work, couple of pickled gherkins when I got home. Then I went and ruined it all by drinking a bottle (yes a bottle) of wine and eating a curly wurly - Aaaagh 30 syns!!!

Total Syns: So much for keeping to a minimum!!! Not quite sure why I like to sabotage the night before WI!!

Last edited:
Hi Sarah

Sounds like you had a plan! Hope it worked out ok for you.

Never made the Quiche did it taste nice - might have to have a go and that or do the fritta thingy, just for free food to snack on if hungry.

Hope when you've WI it's a good result.

Keep up the good work!

Kats:character00238::talk017::happy096:

Hi Kats thanks for popping in!!

Just ate my quiche - was really tasty actually but one problem - I'm still hungry!! I had it cold so not sure if it might be better hot? Will let you know if I have it for tea tonight too.

Oh dear at least I have an apple and a pear to keep me going until I get home at 6!!

Thursday 24th June - Green

Thought I'd better start putting all my drinks on here too...

Breakfast: 2 coffees at home before work using HexA for milk. Green tea and 2 choc and fudge Alpen Lights when I got to work (I LOVE Alpen lights but they're way too expensive to have all the time...)

Throughout the morning: 750ml bottle of water

Lunch: A salad with mixed leaves, tomato, cucumber, pepprer, red onion, radishes, roasted BNS and coleslaw I made last night (1syn for EL mayo). Was really good - absolutely stuffed now!!

Throughout the afternoon: 750ml bottle of water

Dinner: Rest of my SF quiche topped with cheese (HexB) with SW chips and carrots and runner beans and 1tbsp brown sauce (1syn)

Bad Bad girl - the wine bug got me again - aaagh!!

Total Syns: 26 - eeek (promise I'll be good from now on)

Last edited:
I weighed in early today as I think our work weekly slimming club is going to be a bit busier today as a few new people are joining so not sure if I'll get chance then as I'll be weighing everyone else.

Well... I stayed the same. (well in fact I actually lost a quarter of lb as the scales go into that much detail!!)

Pretty good considering I've been very very naughty esp at the weekend.

I do have several food related hurdles this weekend though... A few of us are going canoeing near Hay on Wye on Saturday - really looking forward to it should be great fun!! But it will start with a picnic on the side of the river Saturday - should be ok as I'm going to be helping prepare it. There will also be lots of booze while lazily floating down the river but I'm going to stick to water/SF fizz while canoeing and have some wine prob during the picnic.

Then... there's a pub at the end where we finish, so we'll be having a few drinks there - will stick to vodka I think

Then... we're staying at a B&B so will be having dinner and more wine - just have to make sure I choose wisely, probably will go for something fishy

Then... breakfast at the B&B - again I will choose wisely so will prob just go for poached egg, beans, mushroom on wholemeal

And finally... we're going to a Mongolian restaurant on the way home Sunday. Hopefully should be ok as you fill your bowl with the meat/fish/veg/sauce you want, and they cook it for you so should be ok.

So a couple of hurdles... ... but hopefully the canoeing itself should counteract the extra syns!!

Scrap the above. I DID have time to weigh at my work slimming club so did it in normal place and normal floor and I've lost 1lb!!

So I'll take that! Woohoo

I know - apparently (so the others joining me have told me) it's really easy!! Me and hubby in a canoe together so I can always get him to do all the work and I have said under no circumstances am I going in the river!! Also it was my idea to stay in a B&B - the rest wanted to camp in a cow field!!

Where abouts in Wales do you live knitter?

I'd not do the camping either. Glad you got your way. I live in Blackwood by the way.

Have a great time.

I know - I was thinking imagine if we're all wet coz we fell in the river!! I managed to persuade them luckily

I'm in pontypridd so not far from you at all...

Hi Sarah,
Can you carry your syns over if you do not use them all, i thought if you didn't use them that was your bad luck and you started afresh every day can you enlighten me please.

I do SW on my own and don't go to class, but following all the support on this lovely forum a lot of people do work against weekly syns rather than working against syns per day and have good losses.

Working against weekly syns suits me better so that's what I'm going to try as I want SW to be a lifestyle change so don't want it to stop me having a drink or a nice meal out... even if it does take me longer to get there!

Friday 25th June - Green

Breakfast: My fave - beans and cheese (HexA) on toast (HexB) with a coffee (milk part of other HexA)
Green tea when I got to work.

Throughout the morning: 750ml bottle water, Toffee muller

Lunch: Salad of everything left in my fridge - leaves, tomato, cucumber, pepper, radish, red onion, pickled onion and cottage cheese

Throughout the afternoon: 750ml Bottle water

Dinner: Spaghetti bolognese (HexB for the EL beef mince) with a rocket salad

Cheating a bit as bolognese came out the freezer so not sure exactly how much meat is in there, but as I did a batch cook I'm hoping it's around 85g. Unfortunately needed something dead easy to cook tonight as I'm going to be preparing tomorrow's picnic all night tonight!!

Last edited:
Hi

Beans and Cheese on Toast - thats sounds Gorgeous!

I'm pubing today for lunch but have chosen wisely.

You menus sound like mine LOL - as much free food as I can have.

Enjoy picnic.

Kats:):talk017:

Mmmm I wish I could have a nice lunch in a pub beer garden instead of being stuck in the office all day!! Very jealous...

I do SW on my own and don't go to class, but following all the support on this lovely forum a lot of people do work against weekly syns rather than working against syns per day and have good losses.

Working against weekly syns suits me better so that's what I'm going to try as I want SW to be a lifestyle change so don't want it to stop me having a drink or a nice meal out... even if it does take me longer to get there!

Ok, thanks, I was getting a bit confused, I also do not go to a class, due to not working at the moment and every penny counts but I do find this site a real boom its like going to a class 24/7 great menu's I also had beans on toast with an egg on top, but must try it with the cheese!!:)

I'm the same - I think I'm completely addicted to this forum! I just can't afford to spend the money on class every week and you don't need it with all the super-helpful people on here!

Mmmm I could eat beans on toast again for lunch but will have to stick to my unimaginative salad :(

Hi

Well Pub was good lunch abit disappointing 2 small and I mean small bits of chicken wrapped around a cocktail stick and the side salad wasn't much too write home about either - left me hungry and pinching chips from someones else plate!

Still just going to have some fruit and yogurt now..

Can't wait for hols - yippee

Kats:)

Have an AMAZING time... at least I don't feel too jealous about your pub lunch (just jealous about your hol!!)

Am very tired after spending 2 hours making the picnic for tomorrow - phew!

Back