Sarah83's Tasty Food Diary

Although the weight hasn't really been coming off at any speed, I am starting to feel a bit better. I bought 2 size 16 tops in Evans last week in the sale which fit beautifully and some 16 trousers which I can get on but they're a bit tight. I know Evans sizes are quite generous but I'm still pleased with that.
Plus yesterday I wore one of my old size 16 skirts (I never wear skirts!) so felt really good, and quite glam!

Anyways on with today...

Sunday 4th July - Green

Brunch: 2 coffees with HexA milk and Leek, cheese and Ham pasta & sauce (1syn) made with part of HexA milk

Dinner: going to make a beef curry, prob one from the curry feast book, using HexB for beef and served with rice

Well done getting into the 16's clothing. I'm a fairly slow loser, I never lose 5 or 6 lbs like some people can. So it's important to have other little feel good factors.

Your X factor auditions sound fun as did your lovely lunch with hubby. This is about eating for life and life will send us unplanned events, hope you enjoyed it and are back on plan and winging your way to being in 14's!

Q

Glad you had a nice day at X factor, and even better a lovely day in Cardiff Bay, as for the meal as long as you enjoyed it theres always tomorrow to start again, if you don't have a day off now and again, whats it all for!!!:)

Thanks girls but I managed to ruin yesterday too... not even sure why but I prob ended up having 30-40 syns AAAGGGHHH. And although I didn't regret Saturday's indulgence one bit, yesterday was a different story - there was just no reason for it other than no self-discipline or will power!!

I always do this, if I mess up one day I have to turn it into two.

Oh well, never mind a new week is ahead and the sun is shining...

Oh, and today I have woken up feeling rotten spending most of the morning on the loo TMI, managed to make it into work but don't think I'm going to be up to facing food today (might make up for some of the weekend escapades)

Monday 5th July - ?? - Depends what I feel I can face food-wise tonight

Breakfast: Eaten at home first thing when I was feeling ok: Quorn sausage sandwich on 2 small slices wholemeal (HexB) with some brown sauce (1syn) & 2 coffees with HexA milk

Lunch: As well as the shooting pains in my tummy, also started getting some hunger pains so I chanced a bag of plain Walkers (9 syns)
Just couldn't face the yoghurt/fruit/salad I'd brought with me

Home from work: although still feeling yucky also starving so had 2 babybell lights from HexA before going to bed for a couple of hours

Dinner: Managed to stomach some beans on HexB toast with some HexA cheese and a couple of syns for Clover light. Not sure why but also had a Tunnocks caramel chocky bar to try and cheer myself up.
yuck yuck yuck - I don't make a good patient :jelous:

Total syns: approx 17 - I know it's over but really didn't eat much so don't feel so bad

Decided to go for weekly syns this week as failed miserably at daily syns last week with the amount I had on the weekend! Hopefully this way I can keep control next weekend.

Syns used for the week: 17
Syns remaining: 88 / 105

Last edited:
Sorry your not feeling the Mae West, hope you feel better really soon! :wave_cry:

Well I feel a bit better than yesterday... didn't spend the morning on the loo for a start!! But I've still got shooting pains in my tummy which hopefully will pass. So going to try and eat as normally as possible today to get back to normal as I think my tummy is angry at me for not feeding it too! Was just too scared to eat yesterday though :p

Tuesday 6th July - Green

Breakfast: A coffee with HexA milk, 2 slices toast (HexB) with Clover Light (2syns) and marmite

Mid morning: 2 green teas, 2 cups water, banana, muller

Lunch: Pasta with passatta, herbs, spring onion, tomatoes and peppers. Figured would be better on my tummy than salad

Mid afternoon: Carrot sticks

Dinner (WOAH my appetite came back with a vengeance!!): Made a risotto/rice hotpot type thing which is an old recipe my mum used to have when she was a girl round her friends house.

Is basically: fry off onion and garlic, add long grain or basmati rice (actually used a combo of 2 as end of the packet!) plus a tin of toms, some water and seasoning (used herbs, lea and perrins, salt and pepper, as well as a touch of splenda).
Simmer until rice cooked then add HexA cheddar, and a bit of butter (2syns)
Yum yum yum

Then for pud I made the 0.5 syn roulade from the recipes thread. OMG it's AMAZING! I've never really understood quark before now lol!!

Drinks at home: Coffee, diet lemonade and camomile tea before bed!

Total syns: 4

Total syns for the week: 21
Syns remaining: 84/105

Last edited:
Glad your feeling better, :)

Thanks hun, hopefully will be back to 100% well-ness tomorrow!!

Thought I'd be best doing a red day pre-WI tomorrow, not holding out much hope after the weekend though :cry:

Wednesday 7th July - Red

Breakfast: 'fried' egg on toast (HexB) with clover light (1syn), 2 coffees with milk from HexA. Green tea first thing at work

Throughout the morning: My fave Muller - vanilla and choc sprinkles yum yum yum, 750ml bottle water, banana

Lunch: Salad with tuna and EL mayo (1syn)

Throughout the afternoon: banana, pear

Dinner: Ginger prawn cakes out of 30min meals book with salad and new pots (HexB) Absolutely delish!! With some EL mayo (1)
And some more roulade yum yum

Total syns: 3

Syns so far this week: 24
Syns left for the week: 81/105

Last edited:
Wow I'm in a real cooking mode at the moment!!
Yesterday with my roulade then tonight I made the ginger prawn cakes for tea (scrumptious), afongitas (spanish meatballs from the mag) for tea on Friday, plus I made a spanish omelette for my lunch tomorrow too.

Feeling quietly confident about my weigh-in tomorrow... hopefully I'll lose the lb for my stone :cross:

Thursday 8th July - Green

Breakfast: Forgot to do magic porridge last night and really wanted to try it :mad: Must remember tomorrow
So instead I had Oat So Simple (HexB) with some sweetner and milk (HexA)
2 coffees

Throughout the morning: 750ml bottle water

Lunch: Spanish omelette

Throughout the afternoon: banana, pear, nectarine, mugshot

Dinner: Was really stuck as I wasn't going to really be home for tea so couldn't make my mind up...
Ended up having a brocolli and cheese pasta and sauce, with garlic, spring onions and green peppers with my HexA cheese (0.5 syns)
Also finished off the roulade (0.5syns - although over 3 days!)

Drinks: 2 x vodka lime and sodas (5syns)

Total Syns: 6 syns

Syns remaining for the week: 75

Last edited:
You must try the magic porridge, I love it, but I do sometimes forget to make it the night before, which is annoying when I really fancy it, I left a note on my fridge the other day, to remind me to make it, is that sad or what! :8855:

Yipppeeeee

:talk017:

Wowwwweeeee I lost 3lb!!

I'm so pleased, just hoping the weekend won't catch up on me next week, although I have been really good every other day so fingers crossed this is the kick-start I need!

:party0038:​

Well done!!!!!!!!!!, Its a great feeling when you have a good loss, go girl, as for the weekend, you'll be fine, by the looks of things your on top of it by getting straight back on plan :)

Thank you! I hope so, I haven't got anything coming up this weekend or next week so should be able to stick to it 100% (fingers crossed)
But... I'm going camping with my Dad on the 16th for 3 nights to a VW camper festival. Should be great fun, but need to make sure I take loads of SW friendly food... and I'm thinking of ditching the wine for vodka for the weekend, will have to see...

hi,
what's magic porridge? sounds interesting :)

Thank you!
Can't wait for tonight, just hope I don't spend too much money... all their products are at least around £30 each. Last time I went I picked up some bath salts and they were gorgeous... made the bathroom smell like a spa.
Why oh why didn't I leave my credit card at home lol!!

hi,
what's magic porridge? sounds interesting :)

If you have a search on the recipe thread you'll find the full recipe.
Basically you mix your HexB amount of porridge with yoghurt and leave it overnight, then you can add fruit to it. It means you can have cereal but save on your HexA as you don't use milk.

I haven't tried it but it's supposed to be really tasty and you can try all sorts of flavours using different yoghurts.

I'm going to try it tomorrow morning...

Back