Sarah83's Tasty Food Diary

Thanks guys, was really pleased with my loss this week, but definately want at least 2lbs this week... fingers crossed!

I know how cruel for me to be forced wine!!

Feel exhausted this morning - slept really badly last night so probably going to be dozing on my desk come 2pm!!

Monday 2nd August - EE

Breakfast: 2 LC extra light (part HEXA) and sliced tomatoes on toast (HEXB). 2 cups coffee with milk from HEXA

Throughout the morning: 2 x 750ml bottle water, vanilla muller, banana

Lunch: Egg salad with Extra Light salad cream (1syn)

Throughout the afternoon: 2 x 750ml bottle water, apple, pear, 3 toffee revels (1.5syns??), HB egg when I got home

Dinner: KFC style chicken (See recipe below) served with new potatoes, carrots and runner beans. With sweet chilli sauce and a bit of EL salad cream (4 syns in total)

Total Syns: 6.5

Syns remaining for the week: 48/105

Last edited:
Dinner: Going to do kinda KFC chicken, although don't have any chicken bovril so yet to decide how I shall make it...
Going to use Paxo dried breadcrumbs (5syns per 28g??).
Will serve with a huge salad, and some new potatoes or chips and prob a splodge of salad cream!!

Hey Sarah,

I did the KFC chicken at the weekend...found it a bit salty...I thought of maybe using chicken stock cubes next time but only a little bit of water to make it more of a paste than watery stock....

Not sure if it would be any good though!

Becky x

Hey Sarah,

I did the KFC chicken at the weekend...found it a bit salty...I thought of maybe using chicken stock cubes next time but only a little bit of water to make it more of a paste than watery stock....

Not sure if it would be any good though!

Becky x

I did make it with chicken bovril before and thought it was ok. I've had a trawl through all the KFC threads and think I might go for a variation on Eternalflame's recipe - dipping the chicken into the egg, then into the breadcrumbs mixed up with spices or maybe stock cubes... I'll let you know afterwards what I decided to do and whether it was any good!!

Feeling the pain Sara - Noah woke me at 4am - he went to sleep at 5, I thought it would be a good idea to do a whole week's worth of ironing, am bloody shattered!

Ah bless, don't kids love to mess up your sleeping patterns!! (I am yet to experience it all myself, but hear such stories and see the under-eye bags everyday at work!!)

Wishing you a much better nights sleep tonight - time to hit the coffee machine me thinks!!

Ah bless, don't kids love to mess up your sleeping patterns!! (I am yet to experience it all myself, but hear such stories and see the under-eye bags everyday at work!!)

Wishing you a much better nights sleep tonight - time to hit the coffee machine me thinks!!

Trust me they are worth a million sleepless nights!

I have a lovely recipe for KFC, hang on a second and I will get it...

Colonel Merett's bucket of Chicken
4 chicken thighs, 4 chicken drumsticks
4x WW Bread (HEB) (original recipe 100g flour)
1tsp ground cumin
1tsp cayenne pepper
1tsp celery salt
1/2 tsp english mustard powder
1/2 tsp salt
2 eggs

Place chicken in large saucepan cover wih cold water, bring to the boil, then reduce til water is simmring. Simmer for 25-30 mins or til chicken is cooked thru

When chicken has cooled (still in stock) chill in fridge

Whizz bread in food processor til its breadcrumbs, mix with cumin, cayenne pepper, celery salt, mustard powder and salt until well combined

Get chilled chicken, remove skin and pat dry with kitchen towel Dredge the chicken in the spices until coated, then dip into egg and then dredge in the spices for a second time - this will make it extra crispy

Spray with frylite and cook for about 20 mins in hot oven

My family love this recipe, the "original" recipe calls for milk instead of egg and flour rather than wholemeal breadcrumbs, let me know if you try it, donna x

Wow I've got that recipe too - it's out of the Economy Gastronomy book isn't it? That's nuts I knew that recipe was there but hadn't even thought to look at it - doh! Thanks hun.

Anyway... here's how I made mine:

Serves 2 - 2.5 syns per serving on Red/EE

Ingredients:
2 Chicken breasts cut into chunky goujons
1 egg beaten
28g Paxo golden breadcrumbs
Mixed herbs
Black Pepper
Chicken oxo cube

Method:
Dip the chicken goujons into the beaten egg.
Mix the breadcrumbs with the herbs, pepper and oxo cube.
Dip each goujon into the breadcrumbs, giving each an even coating.
Place on a fry-lighted baking tray and cook at Gas 6 for about 15mins or until cooked through.

They were really really tasty so I won't mess around with bovril paste again. Tasted like a really naughty meal in fact!!

Served mine with new potatoes, some veg and sweet chilli sauce to dip

Tuesday 3rd August - EE

Breakfast: 1 coffee with dash of milk (part of HEXA )
'Fried' egg on toast (HexB) with 1tsp Clover light (1syn)

Throughout the morning: Green tea, 750ml bottle water, strawb muller, banana

Lunch: Salad with mixed leaves, toms, cucumber, red pepper, onion, new potatoes and EL salad cream (1syn)

Throughout the afternoon: 750ml bottle water, carrot sticks, apple, pear

Dinner: Spaghetti carbonara (HEXA and 1 syn) with salad (1 syn for Balsamic dressing)
Followed by loads of cherries and a glass of wine (4.5)

Total Syns: 8.5

Syns remaining for the week: 39.5/105

Last edited:
Wow I've got that recipe too - it's out of the Economy Gastronomy book isn't it? That's nuts I knew that recipe was there but hadn't even thought to look at it - doh! Thanks hun.

Ingredients:
1 egg beaten
Mixed herbs
Black Pepper
Chicken oxo cube

Method:
Place on a fry-lighted baking tray and cook at Gas 6 for about 15mins or until cooked through.

They were really really tasty so I won't mess around with bovril paste again. Tasted like a really naughty meal in fact!!

Am definately going to try this...will add it to my list!!!

It was yummy, and crumbling up the oxo in the crumb mix definately gave it that salty savoury taste - but much more subtle than the Bovril.
I prefer using the Paxo golden breadcrumbs rather than using my HexB bread allowance (I've usually eaten it anyway) plus as they're dried I imagine they crisp up better?

A lunch of two halves...

Went into Cardiff and met DH for lunch today...

The bad:
DH managed to get a 15% discount through work for Radley. Now I went in last week and saw a stunning bag in the sale - was £150 reduced to £75, obviously with his discount would have been even cheaper so he said he'd treat me to it. So I was very excited about adding another Radley to my existing purse and bag... but darn it the bloody sale's finished grrrrrrrr so I totally wasn't amused.
Plus I got soaked walking into town minus umbrella or jacket

The good:
We did pop into TK Maxx for an umbrella (not surprisingly the sun had come out by the time I walked back so didn't need it!!) but I did buy myself a spring bottom cake tin so I can try out some of the cheesecake recipes now I'm a Quark convert...
Oh and I saw Colin Jackson while I was waiting for DH which I'm quite excited about as I never ever see celebs

It was yummy, and crumbling up the oxo in the crumb mix definately gave it that salty savoury taste - but much more subtle than the Bovril.
I prefer using the Paxo golden breadcrumbs rather than using my HexB bread allowance (I've usually eaten it anyway) plus as they're dried I imagine they crisp up better?

I've checked my cupboard for the ingredients and got some chicken out the freezer...going to have this for my dinner...can't wait :drool: ...yum yum!!!!

Ingredients:
1 egg beaten
Mixed herbs
Black Pepper
Chicken oxo cube

Method:

Yum, yum, yum! I am definitely going to try this soon! Sounds lush! I am going to a festival at the weekend and althought I can't wait I am dreading what I am going to eat or be abke to eat!! Hopefully I won't be REALLY bad as I go on holiday next week too!
Anyway, thanks for the recipe hun! :D

Hi Sarah

Forced fed wine - ha :)- sorry ladies just catching up on reading while the boss is away. Loving you food diary might have to nick a couple of days always useful to see what everyone else is having gives you ideas - just need someone to cook for me now....:)

That Chicken recipe sounds lush (both of them) I might try and do goujons with this recipe.:)

KP - Enjoy your hols hun!:):character00238:

Kats :talk017:

Hi Sarah,

Had a go at the chicken last night...yum yum... really enjoyed it. Top recipe.

Thanks x

Thanks guys -
Blubex - glad you enjoyed the recipe. It was scrummy!!

KP - Are you going to be able to cook while you're at the festival? If not I was quite surprised at the VW festival I went to a couple of weeks ago how many healthy food stalls there were (JPs, Chicken and noodles etc) so hopefully you might be ok (just don't mention the booze!!) :party0016:

KK - yes I am frequently forcefed wine... what a cruel world this is ;)

Back