Sarah's Slim and Save Diary - 2 stone to lose......

Thanks Mel but I feel huge - I'm only 5ft 1 and hold all my weight on my tummy as u can see - the lowest I've ever got was 9st 2lb and I still had a bug tummy and was in the same size clothes as now (12)

I guess that exercise will help this time around...

Shanny - u might have less days but u also have less to lose and already have a lovely figure x

Hey hun, hope you had a great weekend!

Very brave posting the bikini shots, 'm sure they will look sooo different in a few weeks too...you can do it hun xx

Thanks Lesley - Im shocked that I posted them because I'm really embarrassed by them - hopefully its the motivation I need :)

1st WI -5lb = 10st 9lb

I'm ok with that... This week I am going to the gym at least 3 times, make sure my portion sizes are correct (think I was having to much protein and veg last week)

Today -
B - Bar and cup of tea
L - Soup
S - Shake (1 hour before workout)
D - Cottage pie and veg

Foo Fan said:
1st WI -5lb = 10st 9lb

I'm ok with that... This week I am going to the gym at least 3 times, make sure my portion sizes are correct (think I was having to much protein and veg last week)

Today -
B - Bar and cup of tea
L - Soup
S - Shake (1 hour before workout)
D - Cottage pie and veg

The protein shouldn't be an issue. And five pounds is a wonderful loss. Congrats!!!!

Agree with Mel the protein looks good hun! and wow well done on 5lbs, thats fab!!

WHat do you do mostly at the gym Sarah? be careful not to over-cardio as being on such low cals may not have the effect you want, it make you hungrier, more tired etc, i'm on step 2 at the mo and doing mostly weights at the gym, so much better than when i used to do the cardio.

Here's to another great week!

LellyCD said:
Agree with Mel the protein looks good hun! and wow well done on 5lbs, thats fab!!

WHat do you do mostly at the gym Sarah? be careful not to over-cardio as being on such low cals may not have the effect you want, it make you hungrier, more tired etc, i'm on step 2 at the mo and doing mostly weights at the gym, so much better than when i used to do the cardio.

Here's to another great week!

Sound advice Lelly. Even Bob and Jill are saying strength training over cardio - muscle burns fat. Cardio is for heart health, etc but for weight loss build muscle.

Menu changed again - I'm really tired today and feel a bit rubbish but don't want it to be an excuse not to go to the gym - so I've added a meal to give me a boost...

B - Bar & Cup of tea
L - Chicken, lettuce and olives
S - Shake (hour before gym)
D - Cottage pie (no veg)

If I am going to the gym I think I need the meal to give me a bit more energy.

Mel & Lesley - thanks for the tips about the cardio - I usually just do bike, treadmill and cross trainer but I will make sure I take it easy on them tonight and do more weights.

Update on my planned day off on Saturday - It looks like we are going out for drinks instead of a meal.

I am prob going to have a drink as I only see my best friend when I visit home (once in a blue moon) so my plan is:-

*Friday - 3 shakes and Sushi as my evening meal (there is a Yo Sushi at the train station) - so the carbs will take me out of ketosis but hopefully wont do much damage on the weight

*Saturday - 2 shakes and a meal with small amount of carbs and a couple of glasses of wine or Vodka and Cranberry.

*Sunday - Back on plan 3 shakes and meal.

I might weigh on Friday this week - then again Monday 23rd so I don't get disheartened by the gain over the weekend.

I've got a guy in work putting me together a workout plan - think its going to kill me lol....

ooh is it a weight training plan, i could so with one of those, i need some weights knowledge and am too tight to pay a PT to train me....might have to bite the bullet though cos i don't want to injure my back, btw make sure he knows you are on VLCD otherwise he may have you jumping about too much.

ooh is it a weight training plan, i could so with one of those, i need some weights knowledge and am too tight to pay a PT to train me....might have to bite the bullet though cos i don't want to injure my back, btw make sure he knows you are on VLCD otherwise he may have you jumping about too much.

He does - the cardio he put down was pretty much what I usually do - so happy with that.... Then he's just added weights/core etc - nothing to scary lol

Hi Sarah,

Be careful - alcohol on a VLCD is a concern. Make sure you put a chicken breast or something in you before having that one drink.

@Lelly. A couple of sessions to get you set up is not a bad idea. I've seem people waste time or injure themselves by not doing an exercise properly.

MinnieMel said:
Hi Sarah,

Be careful - alcohol on a VLCD is a concern. Make sure you put a chicken breast or something in you before having that one drink.

I am Mel, I'm having carbs with my meals on Friday and Saturday to be on the safe side - plus I'm going to alternate my drinks with a water/coke because I don't want to be rough on my train home on Sunday.

Gym done: 20 mins treadmill (steady jog/walk), 20 mins on bike - then some weight machines.

Also booked a PT session for tomorrow, he's going to take measurements, body fat etc ? but it gives me something to focus on!

Gym done: 20 mins treadmill (steady jog/walk), 20 mins on bike - then some weight machines.

Also booked a PT session for tomorrow, he's going to take measurements, body fat etc ? but it gives me something to focus on!
hehehe im reading your message and your message here.. :) PT sessions great :) good for you chick.
Thanks for listening tonight i will show her in september lol i will post pics in my diary later on x

Foo Fan said:
I am Mel, I'm having carbs with my meals on Friday and Saturday to be on the safe side - plus I'm going to alternate my drinks with a water/coke because I don't want to be rough on my train home on Sunday.

Good. You're such a tiny person a little booze goes a long way!!!

Good on the gym session and a PT session is a good idea.

:) just had a couple more olives - still within my veg allowance - now I'm full... I'll wait for my last shake - see how I feel in a bit..

Back