Sarah's SW Diary

I could live without eating oranges but not chocolate orange or jaffa cakes. And your poor dad how awful being allergic to chocolate :eek:

I do really miss the jaffa cakes. I used to pick the cakey bit off the bottom, then pick the chocolate off and then eat the jelly bit out the middle :8855:They were the hardest thing to give up when I found out :cry:

My Dad doesn't seem too bothered with not being able to eat chocolate, but he's had problems eating it since he was a child, so he's not eaten in for longer than he ever did. They discovered his allergy when he went on a school trip to the Cadbury factory! :8855: He was ill for about a week after and hasn't touched it since.

I was starving. I am so used to brekkie and this coffee out was unplanned. She went on and on so I felt it easier to have something small and syn it and shut her up :8855: also I knew if I ate nothing, (didn't get back till 11.30) I was more likely to pig out later on rubbish as so hungry, so all in all okay its a blueberry muffin but could have been worse.

I wish they'd just let us live our own lives :rolleyes: but people have to 'help' don't they :rolleyes: :8855:

We will get there :D :D :D

I think it's just one of those things we have to deal with, but learning to say no and not give in makes us stronger for next time :) Sounds like you definately made the right choice! :D

I'm going to be in a similar situation on Monday. It's my flatmate's birthday! We're going to the carvery, which will be fine as I can just stick to veg and not have to worry about it, but I'm making her birthday cake, and I don't think there's much of a chance of me being able to get away with not having a bit! It's going to be a major choc-fest of a cake. Think I might just have to have a little bit and figure things out around it! xxx

Here's today's food so far:

Breakfast
Wholemeal roll (HexB)
Low fat mayo (2.5 syns)
Cucumber (free)
Apple (free)

Lunch
Lentil & mushroom loaf (HexA)
Jacket potato (free)
Low fat spread (2 syns)
Baked beans (free)
Low fat mayo (2.5 syns)

Snacks
Cake mix from wooden spoon :eek: (2 syns)

Total: 9 syns

I've spent most of the morning cooking, made a lentil and mushroom loaf which I've devided into portions and will freeze half, and have also made my flatemate's cake which is in the oven now. I licked the mixture off the wooden spoon so have counted 2 syns for it, although it probably wasn't that much. I'd rather be safe than sorry though! No idea what to have for dinner as yet, might have a burger and chips, I fancy some chips!

The cake sounds yummy and it will be syn free as it's a birthday cake :D

Oh crap! Out of curiosity, I just worked out the syns in the cake, it's pretty scary!! In the whole cake (once it's decorated) there are 643.5 syns!!! :eek::eek::eek: That means a piece that's a twelfth is 53.5 syns!! To get a piece that's 15 syns, it would have to be 1/42 of the cake :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek: I've just scared myself out of having any I think!

It's amazing what we all just used to eat without thinking. I'd probably have eaten loads of that cake before sw.

It's so not worth half a weeks worth of syns for a piece of cake. Treat yourself with something else that you like instead :)

I know! I'd probably have had a massive chunk and then had it for breakfast the next day as well :8855: We're going to the carvery for dinner then coming back here for cake so I shall have my treats at the carvery. Roast parsnips, yum yum! xx

Dinner update - going bowling with the boy tonight and then coming back here for takeaway. It will probably be a chinese so I'll have a king prawn chow mein. Takes me a little over for the day, but I'll make up for it later in the week, and I couldn't say no! :)

Well, I had a lovely night last night. Bowling followed by chinese and cuddles with a film :) Plus a lovely long lie in this morning - he's only just gone home! :8855:

I was good and had King Prawn chow mein. I did have a couple of prawn crackers, but he had some of my chow mein so I'm letting the two balance out and counting it as a normal 7 syns, so total for yesterday is 16.

Here's the plan for today:

Breakfast
28g fruit & fibre (HexB)
Grapes (free)
Vanilla mullerlight (free)

Lunch
Wholemeal roll (HexB)
Quorn slices (free)
Extra light mayo (0.5 syns)
Mug shot(free)
Apple (free)

Dinner
Lentil & mushroom loaf (HexA)
Jacket potato (free)
Baked beans (free)
Melon (free)

Snacks
Piece of choc while decorating cake (5 syns)

Total: 5.5 syns

Last edited:
Here's a pic of the cake I've made for my flatmate's birthday:
2011-10-09_16-53-55_287.jpg

Yes, those are indeed giant chocolate buttons with smiley faces on! How cool are they!!

When I'd finished, I had loads of melted white chocolate left in the bowl, so rather than eat the lot (which is what I would've done before!) I've made some starfish out of white chocolate with speckles on, and some white chocolate fish with purple glittery stripes. I'm just waiting for them to set, and will take a pic if them when they're ready (if they work of course!). I'm going to count 5 syns for chocolate, as I had a little bit more when I was doing the decoration. It wasn't much, just the odd bit that i got on my hand and a tiny bit that I licked off the spoon t the end. It's very hard to judge when it's melted! 5 syns would be more than enough for what I had though, I'm sure.

Hehe thanks Tilly :)

The cake is crazy! It is a big cake, but still, I would never have thought it was THAT bad, I'd have eaten loads of it before SW. I'll put a breakdown of the syns later if you like :8855:

We're going to the carvery for dinner so I've come up with a plan to allow me a few treats there, like roast spuds and parsnips. I've worked out the chocolate things to be 2.5 syns each, so I'll have one of them while the others have cake :) Here's today's food:

Breakfast
2 x weetabix (HexB)
250ml semi-skimmed milk (HexA)
1 tbsp honey (2.5 syns)

Lunch
Jacket potato (free)
Mushy pea curry (free)

Dinner
Going to the carvery, so will stick mainly to free veg and new potaotes (I don't eat meat anyway, so that's not an issue!), no yorkshire pud or stuffing, but I'm accounting 2.5 syns for a roast potato, 2.5 syns for some roast parsnip, and 3 syns for gravy.

Snacks
Chocolate fish (2.5 syns)
Fruit (free)
2 x Alpen lights (HexB)

Total: 13 syns

Last edited:
Stuck to plan yesterday :) There weren't any parsnips at the carvery :eek: There also weren't any new potatoes, so I used the 2.5 syns I'd allocated for parsnips and had a little dollop of mash instead. I also had 2 of the chocolates instead of one, so 15.5 syns as a total for the day, but I only had 5.5 on Sunday so that's fine.

Here's today's plan:

Breakfast
28g fruit & fibre (HexB)
Grapes (free)
Vanilla mullerlight (free)

Lunch
Jacket potato (free)
Low fat spread (2 syns)
Mushy pea curry (free)

Dinner
Wholemeal roll (HexB)
Meat free burger (0.5 syn)
28g cheese (HexA)
Gherkins (free)
Extra light mayo (0.5 syn)
SW chips (free)
Creamy cheese mug shot (2.5 syns)

Snacks
Fruit (free)
Quorn slices (free)

Total: 5.5 syns

I might have something else to bring the syns up a bit if I feel the need for something later. I've woken up with a headache, the same one that was lingering around all day yesterday :( Damn hormones, it's star week so it's a hormonal headache and there's nothing I can do to get rid of it. Who'd be a woman eh?

I feel really emotional today, and I have no idea why. I feel like I just want to burst into tears right now, for no real reason. I know it's star week, but I never normally get like this, I just want to curl up in a ball and cry :cry:

Back