Sara's Dukan Diary: Stage 2 Cruise

Well hope the poorly tummy has passed now...... Great to read how determined you are about the drinking thing - for sure it will have done good all round for your health and as you say - saved you a bunch of money - maybe put the saved money to one side and treat yourself in a couple of months to something really nice???? Just a thought... I am sure that getting to a healthy weight/BMI will have loads of positive effects over the coming months!!!!! x

Sorry to hear you've not been feeling great Sara. But there's not a doctor in the land who wouldn't want to give you a gold star for the weight loss and alcohol avoidance!

I feel the same as you about the booze thing. I would usually try to force myself to have a day or two off booze a week, just to give my liver a chance, but it was always a big deal and took loads of willpower. Before I started Dukan that rule had kind of vanished and I was pretty much drinking every day. Was definitely worried about giving it up but I've almost been off it a month now and really have no pangs at all. This diet is like some weird health magic!

Hope your tummy gets sorted this week. So impressed you've kept with it regardless, you deserve a big loss this week!

Jx

Jx

How you diddling Sara ? x

Well, stomach cramps have gone since yesterday, and headache has gone today, so I'm definitely on the mend. Felt incredibly weak and woolly yesterday but a bit brighter and less faint today, still have the flippin' diarrhea though! I know, I didn't really need to share that, but I've stopped receiving sympathy at home because it's been so long! I'm back to eating properly now but inevitably people are telling me I look gaunt and starting to make comments like, 'you've lost so much weight' in solicitous tones. To be honest I CAN NOT WAIT to get to tw now so I can go on to conso. I was at a concert my daughter was playing in on Sunday and we had all been asked to donate things for party tea afterwards - THERE WAS NOT ONE THING I COULD EAT! I couldn't even have a strawberry or a grape! Ridiculous!

Anyone else found it suddenly really hard to face more weeks of cruise when near to tw? it was a lot easier before I could see the light at the end of the tunnel and I was just chip, chip, chipping away.

Must love you and leave you now. Back tomorrow for wi. xx

Another 2lbs down this week, 40lbs lost and 6 more to go. This latest loss can be put down to the stomach virus I've had all week. I'm better now, and ravenously hungry, but still feel very lightheaded and have had palpitations since last night - nasty.

I should have been at tw 2 days ago, according to the great doctor. I haven't cheated at all on the food front, for the last 5 months, but my older friends will know that I drank my way through the best part of the first 4 so I don't think that's bad, considering. I also have to admit that I have hardly done any exercise - a combination of health problems, continual rain, dodgy knee and downright idleness! So thanks Dr D, I owe you. xx (kisses for my friends, not him, I have a love/hate relationship with him!)

Oh Sara SOOOOOO happy for you - soooo near to target now..... Believe me after losing over a hundred pounds these last 11lbs have felt like purgatory and as you know I have wavered about going with the original TW the good Dr set me instead of my own made up one - I mean I don't think I have been less that 12 stone for any length of time since I was 14 so why I wasn't happy with it as a TW I don't know!!! However with two pounds to go I feel liberated and sooooooo happy - even if it doesn't happen this week at WI it will happen and I will get there...... Excited for conso but not overly so - looking forward to going out for my first gala meal with my very special friends who have put up with all of the Dukan ups and downs I have had and who are soooo proud of me..... well and I am proud of me - I will blow my own trumpet - fortisimmo even!!! So yes in answer to your question it does seem harder for a bit closer to TW!!!
BTW I think that you have done amazing with Dukan AND giving up the drink - inspirational for sure. Glad your feeling better mostly!!! xxx

Another 2lbs down this week, 40lbs lost and 6 more to go. This latest loss can be put down to the stomach virus I've had all week. I'm better now, and ravenously hungry, but still feel very lightheaded and have had palpitations since last night - nasty.

I should have been at tw 2 days ago, according to the great doctor. I haven't cheated at all on the food front, for the last 5 months, but my older friends will know that I drank my way through the best part of the first 4 so I don't think that's bad, considering. I also have to admit that I have hardly done any exercise - a combination of health problems, continual rain, dodgy knee and downright idleness! So thanks Dr D, I owe you. xx (kisses for my friends, not him, I have a love/hate relationship with him!)

Haha, hear you about the love/hate thing! Am also not surprised it's getting harder as you near target weight. Must be partly because you know you're looking good, your fitting into clothes, people are giving you compliments....so a little bit of the motivation for carrying on strictly is gone. Good luck, we're looking to you to show us how it's done!!

Jx

Thanks so much, guys! It really means a lot when you post meaningful comments in my diary - I don't discuss this diet with ANYONE else so it's great to know you're listening. Joodle, that's certainly part of it - I don't think I'm going to look much different 6lbs lighter. But like you, Trudy, I need to feel I've done it. My achievement is no-where near as amazing as losing over 100lbs, but I was quite shocked to be honest when my ticker told me I'd lost 40lbs - that's still a heck of a lot of weight and I never want to be carrying that again. How can we bottle this feeling, for when the willpower weakens at a later date?

Hi Sara ive managed to avoid this virus thats going around - my friend/colleague had it for 10 days how it didnt get passed on to me I dont know ....... you doing fab and not long now before you will be able to have fruit - the hard bit is not wanting to eat the blasted punnet which I could do so easily .......... Conso is much harder in my opinion than cruise which is easier to stick to a list rather than choosing whatever you want ............. the old willpower has to be super strong

looking forward to sharing a strawberry together in Conso :D

Thanks so much, guys! It really means a lot when you post meaningful comments in my diary - I don't discuss this diet with ANYONE else so it's great to know you're listening. Joodle, that's certainly part of it - I don't think I'm going to look much different 6lbs lighter. But like you, Trudy, I need to feel I've done it. My achievement is no-where near as amazing as losing over 100lbs, but I was quite shocked to be honest when my ticker told me I'd lost 40lbs - that's still a heck of a lot of weight and I never want to be carrying that again. How can we bottle this feeling, for when the willpower weakens at a later date?

Sara, I said that exact same thing in one of my blog posts - about wanting to bottle the motivation and determination we get at the start and as we're regularly losing. I don't know what the answer is but Chris is giving some thoughts in one of the other threads. I suspect part of it is going to be just remaining vigilant, not letting ourselves get above a a certain number of pounds over our TW and then...?! I just borrowed some books on NLP from the library and am hoping they will hold some answers!

You will look different when you lose another 6lbs though so don't let that be putting you off! Just look at 6lbs of butter and think of it coming off you!!

Jx

Sara whoooooooooooooopie your going to be in conso in no time xxx please keep a seat warm for me when i get there xxx And as Trudy said come on girl put up some pics xxx And great youve kicked the wine out the door. Im back now to practically tt so may meet you in conso shortly xxx:D

Sara Howdy!! Sorry to hear u have been ill ;-( You will get to TW and you will be fine in conso, we all will, we need to continue to re set our minds and trust dr dukan, our battle with the weight is only part of it, we also gotta sort out how we view/deal with eating and choosing food, I dont think that part is easy at all but will be part of the key to keeping it off and making the right choices, we have the tools just gotta put them into practice eh? Have a great week, hope u are back to full health xx

I'm feeling absolutely fine again now, thanks all. As you say, Chris, it's a bizarre virus - lasted a good 5/6 days but, touch wood, I don't seem to have given it to anyone.

Sid, I'll save the seat next to mine for you (if I get there first...) - we've been in this together from the start. It's easy to think that the dieting's over once we get to tw and we just have to be sensible, but we've all been there and done that before and at some point the bad habits kick in again. I've just looked at the time frames the Dukan website gave me at the beginning and it says I should be on conso till 20th January next year! That's hardly freedom! I'll have to get the book back out of the library again when the time comes, so I know what I'm doing.

Meanwhile, I still have that blasted 6lbs to lose! PP today, BOO!

Sara PP lol great days hahahah just compleated my first today while hubbys veg look scrummy, last 6lb.....omg its hasnt taken long has it ! Sara we will get through to conso and we will go to stab and we will be slim, and healthy in our maturing years hahahah xxxxxxxxxxxx

Yay Sara, so pleased to hear you're feeling better, lovely :D
And, and, and .... only six pounds to go!! Brilliant, absolutely brilliant. :clap:

I am so in awe of all you girls approaching TW and your fabulous weightlosses.

Hang in there
P xxx

It's a great thought, Sid! And thanks, Pauline - it'll be you too, before you know it.

You know what's making me a bit cross now (there's always something!)? People are saying to me, "You've lost so much weight! You look completely different!" in surprised tones, as if someone has just waved a magic wand over my head. 5 MONTHS' HARD LABOUR HAVE GONE INTO THIS!! Actually to be fair I don't think there is a right thing anyone could say, weight is such a thorny issue for me.

It was my 10-year-old's sports day this morning, his last one at primary school. They had to move it from the local playing fields to the astroturf because the ground is so waterlogged but at least they didn't cancel it again and the rain held off, sort of. Leavers' assembly tomorrow, and leavers' party on Friday, so it's going to be an emotional week.

That made me laugh Sara because you're quite right - what could they have said that wouldn't have annoyed you? 'wow, you've lost so much weight' = so you think I was fat do you? 'wow, you must had to work really hard to lose that weight' = are you implying I have weak will power? And so on... Just enjoy the compliments and remember it takes people longer to get used to the new you if they've not seen you often during the journey. We don't like change, us humans! Jx

Just caught up with the last week of your diary, well done on the 2lbs & I bet it wasnt all down to the virus, I bet you Aldo had something to do with it :) wow not long till you're at TW either, there are a few of you so close now I'm well jel :) I would love some strawberries, in fact any fruit. I've said this before, why is it when I go off track it's alcohol or chocolate never fruit yet I miss it so much ?

Anyway glad to read you are feeling much better, have a good week x

Back