Sausage on a mission - veggie green days diary

Your food looks yummy. I must come back and think about making some of your green recipes :)

Good luck for Sunday. Sorry I didn't post last week. Will come back this week.

Gail x

Sent from my iPhone

I had a rubbish weigh in this week. Ah well, hopefully easy come easy go. This is c&p from the weigh in thread as I am too lazy to type it out again :eek:

The scales were showing a STS yesterday, but today it is a 3lb gain. Eh?? I know I was eating crap for a couple of days, but that is just silly so I am not going to let it get to me. In mitigation, the wall and wall cupboards above my hob are being tiled and glossed. Cheese beanos and rubbish for a few days and more hobless days to come. I feel better this week though as we have been swimming 3 times so not all doom and gloom :D

Thanks for the encouragement, folks :) xxx

Psst Gwenny - are you ok for old syn free quorn sausages? I know where there is a mountain of them in the west end :cool: lol

You know when you eat rubbish for a couple of days you start feeling sluggish and crave veg? :( I masked off the tiles and cupboards this morning and made a mushroom and lentil loaf so feel back on track today.

Also made some lovely soup in the microwave. Never thought of making it in the microwave before. Cauliflower, butterbeans, passata, chilli, garlic, ginger, water, oxo, salt and pepper. Cover and nuke for 20 mins then blitz with the blender. And butterbeans are superspeed!! Who knew? :D

Also had a swim and bought 5 oranges for 40p so my new week is off to a flying start :bunnydance:

I really enjoy your diary, im just trying to get back into the swing of following a diet and am still messing about but you food inspires me :)

Bad luck with weigh in, you're right, it's ridiculous. Best just to ignore and move on as you're doing and hope that next week is more fair.

Good idea to make soup in the microwave, will consider that next time I make some. It's one of those things you wonder why you never thought of it before!

Aaaww thanks CupcakeKatie :) Are you thinking of coming back to SW?

Hi Beegee - I think the soup would have taken even less time if I had cut the cauli smaller. I used lazy ginger/garlic/chilli so tiny syns, but would be free if using fresh.

Ooh have they got syns in, I've never counted them (not that I use them much, but still ...) I thought they were similar to pickled onions or something which are free. Oops!

To be honest, I don't know! I read on here they are about half a syn per tsp for the Gourmet Garden range. Just looking at the tube of ginger here...61% fresh ginger, 7 cals per tsp, 0.2% fat. I never used to count it, but now I have a diary I feel a responsibility to be more cautious :crazy: lol

I am going to count it as half a syn for the two big bowls I had earlier, so still a bargain.

Good luck Beegee. Please let me know :)

Sunday 31st July

Breakfast:

toast (hexB)
scrambled eggs, quorn burger (0.5 syn),
ketchup (1 syn)

Lunch:
apple, banana

Dinner:
spicy cauliflower and butterbean soup (0.5 syn)
mushroom and lentil loaf (hexB)
coronation coleslaw (1 syn)
pickled beetroot

Snacks:
milk for coffees (hexA)
grapes, blueberries, cherries, strawberries,
scan bran carrot cake (1.5 syns)

Total syns: 4.5
Fluids: good
Exercise: swimming

I am indeed thinking of coming back to slimming world, although ive never done it enough to lose weight on it before. I feel so restricted and give up. I find it hard to find things to eat as a veggie that dont get boring

Hi Katie :)

I can't understand how anyone could get bored on SW as all food is up for grabs. Nothing is off limits :eating: Certain things are restricted as they are dead fattening, but we can't really complain about that lol Green days are great value as we get loads of healthy extras including nuts and extra cheese. Good luck with whatever you decide :D

Monday 1st August

Breakfast:

toast (hexB)
scrambled eggs, quorn burger (0.5 syn),
ketchup (1 syn)

Lunch:
spicy cauliflower and butterbean soup (0.5 syn)

Dinner:
mushroom and lentil loaf (hexA)
coronation coleslaw (1 syn)
pickled beetroot

Snacks:
milk for coffees (hexA)
orange, grapes, blueberries, cherries,
2 x Aldi cereal bars (hexB)
2 x walnut halves (2 syns)

Total syns: 5
Fluids: good
Exercise: none

Psst Gwenny - are you ok for old syn free quorn sausages? I know where there is a mountain of them in the west end :cool: lol

Am cool thanks :D The local Farmfoods here seems to have a neverending supply lol.

Now that I've tasted the Best Ever Cumberland ones tho, I'm thinking they're more than worth the half syn!

sorry for butting in but how do I tell if they are the old syn free ones??? plz tell i love them too

Hi Nikinakinoonoo

The synned ones have a golden badge thing on the front that says "Best Ever". See pic below.

The old style sausages do not have that and are free.

Gwenny - I was going to say ""my local Farmfoods" too! I'll race you :p

My favourite sausages are the Cauldron Lincolnshire ones. Half a syn each.

Attachments

• Quorn sausages.jpg
    Quorn sausages.jpg
    16 KB · Views: 51
I love the Linda McCartney ones as you can mash them onto toast with tomato sauce lol. Gross I know, but tasty, although at 2 syns each I don't have them all the time :(

I am not a fan of Linda's sausages.

I made a beany, veg stew thing tonight and threw in some chopped quorn sausages. Good not having to count them as this pot could last for days or I might scoff it all tomorrow.

Hi Nikinakinoonoo

The synned ones have a golden badge thing on the front that says "Best Ever". See pic below.

The old style sausages do not have that and are free.

Gwenny - I was going to say ""my local Farmfoods" too! I'll race you :p

My favourite sausages are the Cauldron Lincolnshire ones. Half a syn each.

Yipeeeee the ones I bought today are free:D:D:D:D:D:D
And I got them from farmfoods too best I go and get some more before I have to start synning lol
Thanks for your help:D

Back