Sausage on a mission - veggie green days diary

Tuesday 2nd August

Breakfast:

porridge made with milk (hexB and hexA),
banana and grapes

Lunch:
spicy cauliflower and butterbean soup (0.5 syn)
apple

Dinner:
spicy stew made with quorn sausages, passata, onion, courgette, pepper, mushrooms, sweetcorn, mixed beans, baked beans, cajun spices, wholewheat pasta and plastic cheese (hexA)

Snacks:
grapes
cashews (hexB)
refresher ice lolly (3 syns)

Total syns: 3.5
Fluids: good
Exercise: swimming

This is the 5th time in 8 days that my son has dragged me to the swimming :D I feel really bendy this week because of it, but my hair is like straw!

Not really enough syns today, but my meals were very filling. Didn't want to eat syns for the sake of it.

Attachments

• DSCF3636.jpg
    DSCF3636.jpg
    459.3 KB · Views: 51
Yaay! That's good news Niki :D A few people here are saying that the new recipe ones are not even as nice, so buy loads!!

First thing 2 mrw I will be knocking on farm foods door lol what about the burgers are they free too old style?

Thanks Cheekychinchilla - It must have been partly water or something as it is almost all gone already. I am hoping for a good loss this week as I want my 4 stone sticky back soon :)

Niki - The quorn burgers are half a syn each. I don't think they have changed (frozen 4 in a box, brown burgers without crumb). I love them as they are microwavable so you can make a cheeseburger in less that 2 minutes! lol Our Farmfoods is doing a deal - box of 6 sausages and/or box of 4 burgers - 2 boxes for £2.50.

Aaaww Thanks Hannah :D

Wednesday 3rd August

Breakfast:

banana and grapes

Lunch:
2 quorn cheeseburgers (hexA + hexB + 1 syn),
japaleno relish (1 syn),
salad,
apple

Dinner:
spicy stew (as yesterday) with chickpea dahl loaf

Snacks:
melon, orange,
wotsits (5 syns),
scan bran carrot cake (1.5 syns)

Total syns: 8.5
Exercise: swimming again!

Attachments

• DSCF3638.jpg
    DSCF3638.jpg
    449.5 KB · Views: 182
  • DSCF3639.jpg
    DSCF3639.jpg
    490.5 KB · Views: 526
The chickpea dahl loaf recipe was gifted to me by Blue Smartie on page 7, post #94 of this thread.

I changed it a bit on page 8, post #109. I put fennel seeds in my version so every now and again you get a hint of pernod :p

Ooh thank you Sausage!! I'm going to make this tomorrow! Do you think I could use the Ainsley Harriott Chickpea Dahl as that is free :)

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Thursday 4th August

Breakfast:

banana

Lunch:
chickpea dahl loaf and pickled beetroot
apple

Dinner:
spicy stew with chickpea dahl loaf (as yesterday) with cheese on top of the stew (hexA)

Snacks:
can of 0% alcohol beer (3.5 syns)
3 krisprolls (hexB)
dunked in Ermintrude's jalapeno houmous (recommended!)

Total syns: 3.5
Exercise: none

I am trying to be organised for tomorrow as I really struggle on Fridays. Have the other half of the houmous ready for lunch. For dinner, I am planning digging up some spuds and having a big tray of roast veg with Cauldrons and Nando's sauce. Fingers crossed I don't blow my week again :rolleyes:

Could I pretty please have the recipe/quantities for the spicy stew on #145. Thanking you very muchly :D

Ps I cant cook :eek: so some idiot proof directions would be good lol

Ooh thank you Sausage!! I'm going to make this tomorrow! Do you think I could use the Ainsley Harriott Chickpea Dahl as that is free :)

Just to pick up on this one without diary-crashing too much ... if you mean the lentil dahl that comes in a packet it's quite a different texture, not so stodgy and 'solid' for want of a better word. Maybe be a bit cautious when you add the water and don't make it too liquidy. Otherwise it will probably be fine.

Back