Sawyer - To Pregnancy and Beyond!

Good plan, use your syns for chips and have something syn free with it, salmon or steak sounds like a good choice, but beware of onion rings and coleslaw with a steak as onion rings are 14syns for 100g (I learnt that one the hard way) and coleslaw can be up to 11syns. Also quite jealous of the creme egg, I just keep telling myself its too early in the year to start eating them.

Just wanted to say best of luck with your weight loss and best of luck with trying to conceive. I've personally never had a problem conceiving but I know how heartbreaking it can be. My sister was unable to conceive, however she is now a mummy after I was a surrogate for her. I gave birth to a beautiful baby girl in June, my gorgeous niece Phoebe!

Yeah definitely going to ask for no onion rings or coleslaw! Altho I LOVE them ! So determined to not go too off plan!

Mmm yeah love a Creme egg. Husband always saves all his syns for dessert and bought a 5-pack the other day!! Would be rude not to have 1... Haha. After these are done, no more though! It could become as addiction very soon! It's a struggle not to eat any other syns today though with my whole I'm saving 5 a day thing! Good job I made syn free hummus yesterday, and I've 3 lovely light baby bells in the fridge!!

Wow what an beautiful story @Moon Gazer !! You must be so proud! Thank you for your comment, fingers crossed after a few months, and a few stone, my day will come! X

I'm saving some syns and heb for HM New York Cheesecake later only 6syns for half of it lol
Being a surrogate is a lovely gesture, only thing my sister did for me is steal my washing machine 'literally'.

I think you have a good plan about the dinner, sometimes you need to just prepare in advance and be prepared to live a little, there is nothing worse than sitting looking enviously at all your friends food!

That being said looking at the menu the steak sandwich is on brown bread so if you went for that you could use your HEB as part of the meal and deduct 6 syns from the dinner?

I find that if I feel like I've been really good or deprived myself while we are out for dinner I end up splurging on a reward later in the week and justifying it in the way that 'well on sunday I could have been bad but wasn't' and then end up being twice as off plan as I should have been.

Flexie sinning and enjoying is the way forward!

I was thinking of that actually, but wasn't sure if that bread counted? Definitely would go a steak sandwich! Looked online and other steak sandwiches from chain restaurant were 27-35 syns So had ruled that out completely!

I read somewhere, I think in a magazine, that if you boughy a shop sandwich that as long as you bought wholewheat bread it could count as a heb, but you still have to syn butter Mayo etc so you dedict 6syns from the total

I guess if its a baguette or something you might still have aa few syns but it can't be that bad... Depends I suppose if you do baguette and chips, then maybe you would be better to just have the steak as it comes.

I would be inclined to strike a deal with the oh that you have the steak sandwich and share a portion of chips or you get a few of his if he isn't having the same main course.... In theory in reality it would be a real battle not to have and chips and onion rings and coleslaw and and and :)

Yeah I was thinking we could share but really I never eat a full portion of chips! Just pick out the crispy ones and leave the big fat normal ones haha!

I think I'll go with the salmon and veg, with a bowl of chips! Best of both worlds and will use 6 syns for oil, sweet chilli sauce 2 syns (on the side) and 15-20 for chips. At most 28 altogether and have 36.5 saved to flexi syn from the week! Will eat syn free the rest of the day. Hopefully means there won't be too much damage!

January 16th 2016 - SATURDAY - annual leave

Breakfast
  • 35g fruit and fibre (B)
  • 100ml almond milk (0.5)
  • Raspberries, and a nectarine
Lunch
  • Subway salad - lettuce, red onion, gherkins, jalapenos, cucumber, grated cheese, chicken breast and ham (A)
  • Southwest sauce (couldn't resist!) (5)
  • Diet Coke
  • Cup of tea (A)
Snack
  • 2x satsumas
Dinner - Homemade Indian
  • Onion bahjis (0.5)
  • Chicken madras
  • Basmati rice
  • 2x cook at home popadoms (3)
Dessert
  • 2x Celebrations (2)
  • Tea (A)
Snack
  • Frozen blueberries
TOTAL

HEX A
HEX B

SYNS 13
WEEKLY 76.5/105

Last edited:
Chuffed with today. Enjoyed my subway salad so so much, and worth the syns for the sauce cause I felt like I was having a normal sub! It filled me up so much, had my wee snack before cooking tea only because there wasn't that much speed food in my tea! Altho did add extra tomatoes, and red peppers to make it a little better!

Curry was ace, although very spicy and those cook at home popadoms are genius! Really made me feel like it was a proper Indian takeaway, and didn't even miss the usual naan!

Very happy today. Weigh in in the morning, feeling positive about that too then a treat meal at lunch! Syn free pancakes for breakfast with fruit and yoghurt and stir fry for tea because we probably won't be that hungry after the pub grub!

Thanks! I'm looking forward to it!! Weird! :rotflmao:

View media item 4695
Our meal tonight! Topped with some fat free fromage frais :eating:

I got mine from Tesco, they're pataks. I've attached a pic! They're so great, 31 Cals per popadom. 1 spray of fry light on each side and brushed it with a pastry burst! Amazing!

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    94.8 KB · Views: 17
WEIGH IN

WEIGHT 109.9kg

Week 1 2.5kg
Week 2 1.6kg

Chuffed to bits with that! Smashed my target for Icland already :wee: must keep going!!

Hi Sawyer
Was reading your diary and me and my husband are in the same boat with not conceiving. My weight loss has not helped so it might be time to head to the Drs. Bit scared about that to be honest.
Anyway was reading your diaries and you are doing great. One thing to watch out for is not too much banana and grapes. They are fruit but not Super Free (or whatever they call it now). Key is to get the SF up as much as possible and start subbing it in where you can. Like the overnight oats, you said it was bland? Are you doing it with mullerlight? Try adding frozen berries and letting it all defrost in the fridge overnight. I am addicted and the berries are SF
Our consultant (when I did go to group), warned us on the non SF fruit, thought I'd mention it. She said you need to try and get a third of SF fruit/veg on the plate. If you do, you nail it.

Yeah I've stopped eating bananas really, just had loads in the fruit bowl in the first week so needed to use up and better than a bag of crisps!

I've been to the doctors about my fertility. It was the best thing I did. I'm so much calmer about it now. The first steps are just blood tests for you. You need to know your cycle quite well. I got my first blood tests on day 3 and day 21. Day 3 is for hormones, thyroid and glucose. Day 21 is progesterone. The worst one was my husband having to give a sperm sample. It was so awkward and scary. Luckily his swimmers are fine!

It turned out, after A LOT of blood tests around day 21-27 that my progesterone is all over the place. I ovulate too late to be able to sustain a normal pregnancy. There is plenty to do to sort that out, including weight loss and healthy lifestyle(!), but because I am under 30, cannot be referred to fertility clinic until we have been trying for 18 months. That's March this year. So from now on we are just not thinking about it and will go back in March to the GP to get referred.

It's really not been scary so far, and it does put your mind at ease. The doctors can do so much these days for fertility issues and the likelihood is its nothing to be too worried about! Good luck!

Back