Scan Bran Recipe Thread

:thread_moved: to Recipe Forum !!!!!!

There are some great recipes here, I bought some scan bran last week so will be definitely making some of these now I have a supply!

I've made the chocolate one - it's LOVELY!!

Going to have a go at the christmas one at some point this month so that I know if it'll do me for xmas day. I'm not actually that fussed about xmas pud really, but know I'll feel a bit out of it if I don't partake. I'm more of a trifle girl. Nom nom nom!!

Here is the choc recipe

Low-Syn chocolate cake
Syns for the whole cake:

9 yummy Syns or 6½ Syns + 1 Healthy Extra ‘b’ choice
You will need:
5 Scan Bran
3 beaten eggs
1 level tbsp golden syrup
1oz cocoa powder
½ mug sweetener
Method:
Soak the Scan Bran in boiling water to soften. Then drain and mash.
Mix all the ingredients together and pour into a microwavable bowl.
Microwave on high for 7 minutes. When cooked the cake will be springy to the touch and will have pulled away from the side.
For a free topping, pile with (defrosted) frozen forest fruits or, for extra Syns, top with chocolate spread.

How well does the scan bran christmas cake last? Hehe :eek:)
Just thinking I have some Scan Bran at home and I was going to make the Curly Wurly Cake (Can someone please give me the recipie again) but the only thing I dont have is the mincemeat! x

Going to make these for class tonight. Do you think that i could use choc weetabix?? How would that affect the syns?
Thanks - going to use the peanut butter as that sounds yummy.

someone at the last meeting mentioned a porridge made with scan bran.. but I can't remember what she said..
she did say it was in one of the books or mags..
anyone got any idea?

Made the Ferrero Rochers tonight...yum!

I think I may give the scan bran challenge a go next week? Anyone done it? X
hi FNM I think I will start the challenge tomorrow, as it is a WI day,If you want we could do it together:)
I do not have diary. do you? we could always catch up somewhere here too, Needs to nip out to HB shop for some scan bran today!
How many scan bran a day are you planning on?

Back